Does anyone here reload shells? 

I've been waiting a long time for powder to show up... Anyone have any idea when it's going to be around again?

Hogdon Universal would be nice.

Edit - Please move this to the Reloading section.

Edited by Hornsj2

Nada around here, but I like WSF. Meters well, broad range of applicable loads, smells good, economical.

I like the dot powders too, but green dot is much more narrow in usable spectrum. 

Clays is popular for trap type loads, but good luck finding some after the plant burned. 

I for one would love to spend some time and have fun developing a 3" heavy buckshot S12 load at reduced velocity and hopefully recoil. Like a lot more pellets and less of a wad column and less powder. But ... considering the availability of the stuff needed, such plans have been canceled indefinitely. Bummer. HB of CJ (old coot)

What is it costing per shell to reload 2 3/4" shells?  The last couple times we checked there wasn't enough cost savings to be worth the time.

9mm, .40, .223/5.56, .308, 300wm now thats a big savings.

Granted the fact the we usually win components at 3 gun matches, makes it even better034.gif

• Like 1

Reloading shotgun shells is an enigma. I do shoot trap and find that factory shells (Remington Gun Club) work just as well as anything I would load. As noted it really doesn't cost out in the current economy if your time is worth anything. I have 41 bags of shot, plenty of primers, wads and several pounds of powder as a hedge to the future when ammo becomes hard to come by. I also have two MEC 9000 progressive reloaders set up to do 12 gauge shells so I can crank out several hundred rounds an hours should push come to shove.

• Like 1

Progressive reloaders make a world of difference. If you value time

Yes, yes they do. I am of the belief that beginners should start on a single stage, as I did, then when confident move to a progressive. I still use the single stage to deprime and resize rifle brass. Mainly because it keeps my Dillon 550 cleaner, and I still have to trim and prep the case.

I recently got 16lbs of TAC from Graff and sons

Powder valley has stuff on and off

Good find. TAC has gotten more popular, so that is a good pickup for you. I remember when it first came out and Midway offered it for $13 a pound. I am still reloading off the stash I bought then.

• Like 1