Interesting discussion with Tapco @ SHOT Show

Late spring, early summer is what they are saying for the hicap Saiga 12 mags. Got the molds done and working out final baseplate / spring issues. Expect them cheap and plentiful from a well known leader in inexpensive injection molded products.

I for one loved to hear them say it firsthand.

Oh man, now a third potential source? When it rains it pours!

any chance they mention that factory floorplates would work? I'm wondering because of the possibility of +2's being interchangable?

Edited by kmoore

agreed. i'd definitly wait for someone else to be the genuie pig on those babies.

tapco is known for crap. yeah, they have a lifetime warranty, but if you have to spend time and $$ shipping your broken product back, how good of a warranty is it?

they bet you'd throw it away rather than take them up on the warranty. same thing with Harbor Freight tools. the hand tools have a lifttime warranty, but they're disposable.

Before you go buying 10 mags when they first come out, think long and hard. maybe buy one and give it a test.

i'm betting they won't even have the mteal re-enforced lip at the top of the mag. same as they skipped putting any metal in their folding AK stock.

Caspian

They said the same thing last year. As far as Tapco quality I have 3 G2 triger groups and like them. I don't really have any of their other products. Although I'd heard nothing good about their folders.

ECK I have one of their folders on the way. I went with it because plastic tends to absorb recoil a little better and I am not the most fond of $200 for the ACE folder setup.

ECK I have one of their folders on the way. I went with it because plastic tends to absorb recoil a little better and I am not the most fond of $200 for the ACE folder setup.

I was afraid of the ACE price until I puchased one. It is worth the price. I think mine was around $165 for the Stock, Hinge, and adapter.

Edited by jtoddellis

I was afraid of the ACE price until I puchased one. It is worth the price. I think mine was around $165 for the Stock, Hinge, and adapter.

And if you keep a eye out you might fined one on one of the gun boards for sell forums for $100-125. shipped.

I love my ACE folders!!! :super:

They said the same thing last year. As far as Tapco quality I have 3 G2 triger groups and like them. I don't really have any of their other products. Although I'd heard nothing good about their folders.

I just installed the Ace sidefolder on my S-12 and this is truly a case of "you pay for what you get". It is as solid as the reciever and looks almost OEM. Stock, hinge and buttpad were $160.

RonSwin

I just installed the Ace sidefolder on my S-12 and this is truly a case of "you pay for what you get". It is as solid as the reciever and looks almost OEM. Stock, hinge and buttpad were $160.

RonSwin

RonSwin,

Which adaptor did you choose, internal or external?

Wolverine

Is it going on an S12? If so save yourself the time and pain and cancel the order or send it back. It will break on the S12. I went through maybe 30 shells of medium loaded #4 shot and it snapped the stock at the joint. It is a poor design and not meant in any way to withstand SHotgun recoil.

If you don't wan't to or can't save up for the ACE setup, then either get a Romy Folder, or stick with a fixed stock model. I hate to rain on your toy parade, but in the case of the Tapco Folder, it is a hige waste of time and money. It is going to break on you, and fairly quickly.

IJ

Got it today. It doesnt seem like the most crappy design on earth. I had a folder for my mossy that was much worse, tacstar I think. I will keep an eye out for cracks and so forth and as soon as it breaks it will go back. Might work fine since I have a habbit of not thrashing stocks into my sholders when I shoot. We will see.

RonSwin

RonSwin,

Which adaptor did you choose, internal or external?

Wolverine

Wolvie,

I used the internal (Cut the dang tang) adapter. Assembly of the stock took longer than attaching it to the shotgun. I had to use a small shim in the buttstock mount as the stock had a slight cant upward when locked open.

RonSwin

Is it going on an S12? If so save yourself the time and pain and cancel the order or send it back. It will break on the S12. I went through maybe 30 shells of medium loaded #4 shot and it snapped the stock at the joint. It is a poor design and not meant in any way to withstand SHotgun recoil.

If you don't wan't to or can't save up for the ACE setup, then either get a Romy Folder, or stick with a fixed stock model. I hate to rain on your toy parade, but in the case of the Tapco Folder, it is a hige waste of time and money. It is going to break on you, and fairly quickly.

I also have seen a TAPCO folding stock flex under heavy recoil to the point that the charging handle on the bolt carrier smacked the but of the stock while it was in the folded position and it knocked the stock right off of a S-12.

If you decide to stick with a TAPCO stock then the T-6 stock looks and feels a lot better and would be a better choice over the TAPCO folding stock.

Integrated gave you pretty sound advise in your options of stocks above.