Ultimate Home Invasion Defense Weapon ...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just have a moat full of sharks with frickin Lazer beams attached to their heads. You guys are crazy.

Posted Images

Well, the very last thing I'd use in a SD situation would be an NFA item. If I'm using something in a SD scenario, it's going to be effective yet dirt cheap to replace.

So my 870 or G22. 

Which is really funny cause everybody's justification for SBS/SBR is maneuverability inside their home!!!

• Like 5

Well I guess it comes down to if you think its worth it to risk your super special NFA SBS/SBR or risk your life. I mean what other reason to you have for your chopped-off gun unless its just to have it?

• Like 2

Just to have it is a very popular reason.

Personally, the gun I want for every situation tends to merge into the same gun. The controls and format I like for one task are about the same for other tasks. I don't really get the disposable gun for defense thing though. If my life really depends on it, why would I want my 3rd best gun? Things are just things, and I can always get another or get one back from evidence.

Legally, using NFA is not any more or less than any other. Lots of LE have SBS's. 12" 870s were standard issue at the jail I worked at for the officers. I know that's pretty normal. I have yet to hear of a police use of force case where the fight was about what kind of gun was used vs whether the force was justified. I doubt I will ever be in a serious defensive kind of situation, but if what I had close to hand was NFA, I guess that's what I would use. It might not be what I would plan to have closest to hand, but well it might at that. an 8 or 10" S12 is kind of ideal. Assuming they would vilify that gun rather than your actions, wouldn't they vilify any gun?

• Like 3

Enough is enough.  Mosin Nagant 91/30!  If the Russians could sneak around all over Stalingrad with something that big, so can you!  And if you miss, the shock wave alone will induce hydro static shock (and permanent deafness).  Plus you have the less evil option of spiking the assailant from across the room should you choose.  

• Like 2

Well, the very last thing I'd use in a SD situation would be an NFA item. If I'm using something in a SD scenario, it's going to be effective yet dirt cheap to replace.

So my 870 or G22. 

Which is really funny cause everybody's justification for SBS/SBR is maneuverability inside their home!!!

My justification for an SBR is that chicks dig short barrels. 

• Like 1