Hey Guys:

Sorry I'm the only person who doesn't know how to post pictures, but I had a cool moment this morning with nature and camouflage. 

While refilling my bird feeder, I noticed a large white moth on the ground struggling on its back. I think the sprinkler system got it too wet. I let it grip my finger and crawl over my finger and down into my palm. I noticed it was white with small black, irregular circles on top. The ones I usually see are brownish/greyish. 

Anyway ... I put the moth on a branch of our oak tree where it comes out of the trunk. As I walked away, I noticed the moth blended perfectly with other light-colored blotches of bark on the tree. 

I'm not "tree hugger" green peace hippy type, but I thought it was cool to see nature at work. 

The moth had a neat camo pattern for hunting clothes. 

• Like 4

This moth has been in my garage for over a year. Obviously he didn't pick his camo very well, but I kinda like keeping him around:

post-37530-0-41729500-1445392479_thumb.jpg

post-37530-0-59368200-1445392502_thumb.jpg

And for the gun related, a spare parts AR build. Not mine, but a buddy's down the street, who I think did a great job the first time out of the gate:

post-37530-0-32758200-1445392644_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The psuedo scorpions are really beneficial.  I've seen a number around here.

I have these guys popping up around safety/bailing wire!

attachicon.gifIMG_2834.JPG

Looks like .041" safety wire... weird what you find when you do an image search sometimes. Did a search for  '.041" safety wire, sculpture' and found this about 2 pages down:

39293.jpg

Didn't even know these existed.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/schwarzlose-1898-pistol-video/

Do your self a favor and subscribe to both forgotten weapons and inrangetv on Full30.com. They might well be my favorite shows. Plus Ian and Karl are pretty good about communication with plebes like me.

While you are at it, just cancel your cable package. All the good content is on the Internets anyway. 

• Like 1