Sign in to follow this  
yakdung

Virginia to Drop Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States

What a freaking moron!

He doesn't want "convicted criminals" to go to another state and get a carry permit?! Felons can't get a carry permit anywhere!

Also completely ignoring that felons don't get their guns legally in the first place.

I am sooooooooooo glad I left that God awful commie TAX YOU UNTIL YOU ASS BLEEDS state. Now I have to get a Texas CC, as I have been using my Virginia one while here, which according to DPS is perfectly OK. 

• Like 1

Wow they make it sound like all those states hand out a CCW in the out processing line of prisons.

Although if the guy has served his time in full then restricting any right has no constitutional (for lack of a better word) standing, but then neither does a CCW.

or the NFA.... or etc etc etc etc etc 

• Like 1

Let's pretend that a felon managed to get a concealed carry permit. 

That doesn't change the fact that he's a prohibited possessor.  Morons.

The legislature in Virginia is looking into revoking the funding for the armed security details for the governor and AG in response to this idiocy. Not all Virginia politicians are idiots.

• Like 1

Virginia is the unfortunate place where most of the ASSHOLES that every State sends to DC live! They NEVER go 'home'! They CONTROL Northern Virginia, and have

staged a Political take over in the State. The NATIVE Virginians are now a minority in their own State.

Edited by G O B

Another wrinkle...funny they are doing this AFTER the Dean of Liberty College in VA makes headlines promoting and instituting conceal carry on campus. I am sure there won't be any red tape or delay for those out of state students to obtain their Virginia CCW.

This is an Article IV section 1 violation of the Constitution. The same thing that makes ALL of the States honer each others drivers licenses. Before WWI, most States would not honer other States drivers licenses, until they were taken to Court. The SCOTUS ruling on this would be the last nail in the anti's coffin.

BUT - - I do not see this going into effect Feb.1st, as the State Legislature will rebuke the States Attorney and offer legislation to remove his power to do this..

This guy is an idiot. Reciprocity Agreements For Concealed Carry Holders to be restored. If this leftist had any balls, he would try and fight it out. Pussy.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/01/28/victory-gov-mcauliffe-to-restore-reciprocity-agreements-for-concealed-carry-holders-n2111474