Crazy 2017 weather.  We have over 18" of snow on the ground and more expected tonight.  I have not seen this in the 28 years I have lived here.  SW Oregon, USA.  About 43N, 123W.  Kinda.  Elevation about 1500 feet. 

It normally does not snow here at all.  Hardly.  Lots of rain, but no snow.  We are too low and too close to the Pacific ocean.

Any unusual or dangerous weather where you are?  Curious minds wonder.  Of course it is all because of man caused increased atmospheric CO2 levels resulting in global warming.  They say it is so, so it must be true.  smile.png

Edit by HB: ... 11:25 pm. PST.  Tue.  Now over 24 inches on the ground.  Another storm tonight, Tue/Wed 3/4 Jan. 2017.  Yikes!  smile.png

More editing by HB: ... 0830 am Wed.  The storm missed us.  Good.  Enough is enough.

Edited by HB of CJ

Ohio always has unusual weather. We had single digits in December and a few weeks later it was 60 degrees. Currently it's 45 and thick fog. Ice, rain, sleet, and whatever else is left over is used to fill in the cracks. Fun fun fun.

Was the same here except we got 10" of snow two weeks before Christmas and now it's all gone.

Temps have been dropping like crazy today and it's FN windy.

• Like 1

Moved to FL from PA.

High was in the low 80's today. Unusually warm for this time of year so I hear.

Going to dip in to the 70/s then 60's as the week progresses.

I'm done with snow and ice and loving it.

78 here in NE FL. I didn't like it. I'd rather it be about 40. I celebrate winter when it comes and I dread summer. I hate sweating.

The Jet Stream is always moving/changing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_stream

I'm sitting outside right now (suffering my vices) in front of my propane heater. It's 25 degrees one hour north of Seattle. Brrrr!!!!!

We don't usually get much snow on our island. Darn ocean!

We live between two mountain ranges making the weather special.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Anybody else work outside all year round?

I still do a little field work for my pool company if it is something a sub will screw up. During the hotter months it makes me really appreciate my workbench and office.

Been in the 90's here for about a week. Today a cold front blew in and now it's in the upper 70's. Kind of warm, even for here. But nothing I haven't seen before. I distinctly remember a 100 degree Christmas back in the 70's.

• Like 1

I repair garage doors so yeah, a lot of outside work. It's miserable when it's cold and you have a big hole in the wall and you are working with metal.

At least you have walls.

I build powerlines and when it's windy like today, it can be miserable!! Today it's 18mph winds, 10°(feels like -5) and open fields.

Take the good with the bad.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

We finally have snow here in se ND, been a few years since we had snow like this so far. Its like back to normal. Then again the guy that ran a weather modification business with planes crashed and died. Ive got customers in the weatern and northern part of the state just looking for a place to put snow as they have no room left withou a loader.

• Like 1