For those who want to use hi-cap mags and/or Jeric's pistol grip stocks but don't want to do the metalworking, or just like the classic stocks, I could modify US made fire control groups to fit your unconverted Saiga.

This would replace three US made parts out of five needed. (There's no p-grip but the trigger is separate and a different part than the standard AK, so YES an unconverted Saiga needs five parts replaced.) You would use the same trigger and transfer bar system, just drop in the sear (former trigger), disconnector, and hammer. Pricing would be $50-70, depending on what I can get the FCGs for, which is about the same or less than the higher end AK FCGs.

So please tell me - would you want such a thing?

For those who want to use hi-cap mags and/or Jeric's pistol grip stocks but don't want to do the metalworking, or just like the classic stocks, I could modify US made fire control groups to fit your unconverted Saiga.

This would replace three US made parts out of five needed. (There's no p-grip but the trigger is separate and a different part than the standard AK, so YES an unconverted Saiga needs five parts replaced.) You would use the same trigger and transfer bar system, just drop in the sear (former trigger), disconnector, and hammer. Pricing would be $50-70, depending on what I can get the FCGs for, which is about the same or less than the higher end AK FCGs.

HELL YES!

I was actually about to post to see if anyone knew how to do it! I love my .223 in its stock config. Was looking to have Cobra76 convert it for me just to use hi-cap legally. ...but i honestly love the sporter look of it. (when i get a 7.62x39 as well....going to have to sneak it by the wife!......that one i will convert almost for sure...)

If you could mod the parts and send it with some instruction on how to put them in i'd be very interested.

would then need to place an order for some wood with you as well...or from Jeric...

will be watching this thread closely.

thanks

HELL YES!

I was actually about to post to see if anyone knew how to do it! I love my .223 in its stock config. Was looking to have Cobra76 convert it for me just to use hi-cap legally. ...but i honestly love the sporter look of it. (when i get a 7.62x39 as well....going to have to sneak it by the wife!......that one i will convert almost for sure...)

If you could mod the parts and send it with some instruction on how to put them in i'd be very interested.

would then need to place an order for some wood with you as well...or from Jeric...

will be watching this thread closely.

thanks

Is there any pics.?

I'd actually been looking at this myself. I've noticed that some US made trigger groups have a bigger "beefier" trigger, so I was looking around for a trigger that I could cut in half and still have enough material to make both the sear and a trigger out of (I do have a sample saiga trigger group I've been using for comparison).

In answer to your specific question, yes I'd be interested, but obviously, I'd much rather have a trigger group with all four parts, where I can add a US made gas piston and be done (I think I'm counting right, but please correct me if I'm not).

Would you include appropriately sized axis pins to use for this FCG? I dont' think they're the same size as the ones on a regular AK FCG.

Edited by cvasqu03
  • 3 weeks later...
I haven't heard of trigger slap before on a Saiga, but the US made FCGs I would be using are a common fix for the trigger slap problem.

Mine occasionally does have a trigger slap and it hurts my finger when I shoot it a lot. It feels like the trigger is snapping at my fingertip. I haven't tried to look at a solution since I got a US compliance kit to convert the rifle. I haven't done the conversion but I wouldn't mind replacing the fire control system with US made parts. I already have a (Century) hammer and gas piston.

I haven't shot it much since cheap Russian ammo became a problem. Maybe someone can import ammo from other former Com Bloc countries to alleviate the shortage of Russian ammo.

• 2 months later...

BRG3, did this endeavor ever pan out? Does anyone have such a modified FCG in their Saiga? I might be interested in having this done to a tapco G2 single hook FCG. Would it be possible to send the unmodified FCG to you, since I will most likely be buying it in a package deal?

These would work in everything BUT the S-308, as these would simply be modified to fit in the linkage whereas the S-308 has an extended trigger. Whole different animal. I can't for the life of me figure out why they did all the same except this one.

Regarding pricing, consider that normal AK US made FCGs cost at their best in the mid $30s, and this requires even more work yet.

Thankfully this has been tested successfully and the first buyer has reported full satisfaction.

I'll currently set pricing at $60 shipped. At this point I will only consider discounting if ordered in quantity or as a package with other items from me.

Just a note of support....i got my modified Tapco FCG from BRG3 a month or so back...other that the BHO spring issue that i had (couldn't get it back in until Dinzag taught me the trick)...it installed easy..... and it works great!. Can't wait for the wood to get here....BRG3 is working on that (custom quasi pistol grip and slightly modified handgaurd) as well. He's had some issues with the wood supply but has been an A+ communicator on every issue, and has found options to satisfy this customer. He will NOT sell you substandard goods. Good man to work with, he will not disappoint you.

BRG3.....the rest of my money will be on the way soon....been a hell of a week, will hopefully get to the office next week and get the MO out to you then.

later all

GOOD GRIEF - Racerboy thanks for catching that typo!.... and BRG3 apologies for any confusion!

Edited by RangerM9

Sure hope so. :angel::unsure:

Actually, I will sell substandard goods at substandard pricing, aka seconds, so people who want something cheap to work with or paint black to match synth stocks or something like that can get a good deal too. But I won't screw an order with a screwup.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
Sure hope so. :angel::unsure:

Actually, I will sell substandard goods at substandard pricing, aka seconds, so people who want something cheap to work with or paint black to match synth stocks or something like that can get a good deal too. But I won't screw an order with a screwup.

Ok...i stand corrected...lol....and i have corected my post....forgive my typo please!

• 5 months later...

That would take welding or a level of machining that is not within my means. My modified G2 trigger groups will work on any Saigas except the S-308 and S-100.

If I did come up with something for them, it would be too expensive. My recommendation is to do the P-grip conversion or use other US parts for compliance. A stock set from me would be more cost effective for an unconverted S-308, and combined with an FBMG mag your compliance issues would be settled. Using the factory mag, you're still in the sporting config so there's no problem there.

Yep, I can still take orders for these.

Hey there BRG3, this is something I'm interested in, PM me or something to let me know, I'm also interested in a set of front hand gaurds too. I like the 2 piece. I know I'll have to talk to dinzag about the retainers for them, but it's all good. Let me know man.

• 3 weeks later...