Flash Hinders / Muzzle Brakes

I found updated contact information from the guy who owns the Madsen Manufacturing website: www.mlode.com/~shotgun

He says he is moving right now but he should be able to "do some for the Saiga 12" around the middle-to-end of November. It might be a long wait but I think it could be worthwhile. The only other muzzle brake I found was the Shotforce with the integrated picatinny but I am finding mixed pictures on if its a fake or genuine. Mine still hasn't arrived yet but I'll post when it does. It should not be too hard for someone with a dremel to open up the slots if its a fake.

Centerfire Systems is backordered on Shotforce stuff til the end of October. I'm glad they didn't bother telling me that my order was pending til I asked them about it :rolleyes:

I saw a few other images of the shotforce muzzle brake and I believe it to be a fake hider. I have seen that closeup image with no slots, and one with slots so they might have been doctored up.

SBS4400.jpg

Like I said though, anyone handy with a dremel can cut the slots open perhaps. The interesting thing is that the shotgun on the bottom right image of that Shotforce muzzle attachment has a bolt on front sight. They make a heat shield with ghost ring and crown sights (http://www.atigunstocks.com/shotforce-HRNEF.html). One might be able to hack off the shield and use the front sight alone?

SBS4600.jpg

Edited by Cesiumsponge
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I saw the post about the shotforce Muzzle MOUNT(mount being the key word) I got excited becuase it looked like a simple yet effective muzzle brake that was inexpensive and I wouldnt feel bad about making it work if need be. Well the I researched it some more. It is not a muzzle brake it is a plastic muzzle mount for lights and such. The reason some pics look like the slots are filled and some look open is becuase they are open but they get closed up when you slide it all the way down the barrel like the directions say to do. I may still get one and possibly clamp an AR front sight to it. But seeing as how it is only plastic and is only for looks I dont think I can justify the $50 for a clamp on AR front sight. Oh well back to looking for muzzle brakes. :angry:

stokstad, is the barrel of your gun already threaded? If so, you will soon be able to order the original muzzle brake/flash hider from here:Rusmilitary. Look in the "hot news", in the first paragraph. They are expecting to have them in stock very soon. If your barrel isn't threaded, I'm sure that you can have it threaded by a gunsmith. AKATTACK

No my barrel isnt threaded. I do plan on most likely cutting it down to 18 or so inches. If I can find out what the thread those muzzle brakes are I may just have whoever is cutting the barrel off thread it as well. I was just hoping to make my life simple by finding a slip on one. The ones from that russian company piznad or whatever it was call look ideal and look good as well. But they obviously wont deal with anyone from the us. Looks as though Makc had some or got some at some point but obviously that was a while ago. So I guess Ill have to wait for rusmilitary. I cant believe some company here in the us isnt jumping all over this kind of stuff I would think they would sell tons of it.

So if I understand correctly if you permanently attach a muzzle brake, ie locktite or weld, you can cut the barrel shorter as long as the combined length is 18". But if you thread the barrel then you have to keep it at least 18" or turn it into a SBS.