I have a NIB saiga .308 ver.21 never been fired.

I am asking $600.00 OBO.

i am willing to trade for a saiga 12 19 inch barrel

i will post on other boards next monday.

thanks in advance

Edited by leadslinger
How hard is it to convert this to standard parts? I see the trigger group is forward but I'm worried about the rear of the receiver.

Possibly interested.

By standard are you referring to stock AK style? I am not sure. the stock really feels nice the way it is so in didn't look into modifying it.

How hard is it to convert this to standard parts? I see the trigger group is forward but I'm worried about the rear of the receiver.

The back end of the receiver of the version 21 is not square like a regular AK receiver. It is slanted and so will not work with standard fixed AK stocks like other Saigas will. Since the Veprs were the same way, some people have been able to adapter Vepr stocks to fit a version 21 Saiga 308. There are a couple of threads on this:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=34016

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=30193

If you want to be able to use regular AK stocks you would have to weld on a section of steel to the back of the receiver to make its rear flat like a regular AK receiver. You can see a picture of such a welding job (done by none other than Tony Rumore at Tromix) in the first post of this thread:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=13147

This rifle in question is actually a Saiga 100 series 30'06, but it has the same type of slant receiver as the Saiga 308 version 21 does, and so this welding modification would be the same for a Saiga 308 version 21.

If you don't want to weld, you might be able to modify one of these Vepr receiver blocks from ACE to work:

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=302

(if this link doesn't work, just go to the ACE website, riflestocks.com, and in the AK section select 'stamped receivers' and then 'Vepr')

Edited by Frogfoot

I have been looking at this and I hope you dont mind for me replying.

Considering the 308 like that is no longer available in the US it has certain collectors value.

The Vepr polymer stock with pistol grip will work with slight modification.

Your offer of a straight trade is a good deal.

Edited by red_cedar
I have been looking at this and I hope you dont mind for me replying.

Considering the 308 like that is no longer available in the US it has certain collectors value.

The Vepr polymer stock with pistol grip will work with slight modification.

Your offer of a straight trade is a good deal.

i don't mind at all. I am trying to offer an honest deal. the prices i have been seeing on gun dealer pages start at $650.00 and up.

thanks again

I'd jump on it if I weren't about as far away as I can get from Maryland without leaving the continent. Kali wouldn't let me have it anyway. I hate this state so much.

I thought the thumb hole stock kept it from falling under the black rifle ban?

Edited by leadslinger
I already have a ver.21. Sold the other kind of woodstock saiga 308 to get this one.

I had pretty good luck with serious offers on another web site.

More of a hunting rifle type crowd who appreciate wood stocks more.

Brother you rock it will be there monday if nothing happens here.

thanks

I'd jump on it if I weren't about as far away as I can get from Maryland without leaving the continent. Kali wouldn't let me have it anyway. I hate this state so much.

The way I understand it, no pistol grips or thumbhole stocks can be on a centerfire rifle with a removable magazine.

The way I understand it, no pistol grips or thumbhole stocks can be on a centerfire rifle with a removable magazine.

WOW and i thought maryland was bad.

Wow that's a great looking gun 0.o'

Haha you wouldnt happen to want to trade a 30-06 scoped Remington 700 SPS for it lol? Comes in mossy oak... :P

I have a Swedish m96 for those far away shots. Since it doesn't look like anyone is going to give up one the the S-12's I will consider another make of 12 gauge. One that will allow barrel change, variable chokes and either 8 round mag tube or tube extension. Something like the Mossberg maverick 88 security as a base example.

I would like a shotgun that i can use as home defense and with a barrel change shoot some skeet, birds, turkey and the like.

Edited by leadslinger

Ive got a once used Saiga-12 I would trade, + some conversion goodies if you are interested, work with me here,..22" could be cut down. The 22" is a rare size now and is great all around size for clays and home def, and slugs.

I don't understand why someone would want to convert this rile?? it already is converted and has nice wood furniture,..

Edited by Gas Giant
I don't understand why someone would want to convert this rile?? it already is converted and has nice wood furniture,..

Different strokes for different folks. Some people just prefer AK pattern rifles that can use regular AK furniture, and of course some might want to be able to use aftermarket magazines like the FBMG 20 rounders or the Surefire 20 and 25 rounders, in which case from a purely legal standpoint a stock Saiga 308 version 21 isn't any more 'converted' than a regular stock Saiga 308, as it still has to go through the usual parts replacement to achieve that magical 922r compliance. Now the version 21 does already have its trigger group moved forward which is certainly handy, but it can't use regular AK buttstocks which is a real pain, since replacing the buttstock with a U.S. made version is one of the most common methods of getting the parts count towards 922r compliance, and trying to find a U.S. made buttstock that will fit the version 21's slant receiver is very difficult. I think this is what really hamstrung the sales of the version 21. If Izhmash had made it like Norinco made the MAK 90s, with a thumbhole buttstock but with a conventional AK receiver that could still accept regular AK buttstocks, then the version 21 would probably have become the best selling Saiga 308.

Edited by Frogfoot

It only has to be 922 if you intend to use other than the original factory mags, or aftermarket mags greater than 10 rounds.

with the cost of .308 ammo these days, there is nothing wrong with 10 rounders how many other commercially available rifles have more than 10 round .308 capacity semi auto??

and like I said before,.. it is already converted, if all you want to do is plug in a 30 round mag, then this is not for you, it is however the factory top of the line saiga 308,.... for any saiga imports we will ever see, especially now! these are gone,...and maybe due to the reasons you mentioned,..of course I am trying to justify my trade,... but it looks good to me!

,.... My 2 cent payment,....there is something different about the "M" or wood stock versions I have noticed that is not like the standard synthetic versions.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people just prefer AK pattern rifles that can use regular AK furniture, and of course some might want to be able to use aftermarket magazines like the FBMG 20 rounders or the Surefire 20 and 25 rounders, in which case from a purely legal standpoint a stock Saiga 308 version 21 isn't any more 'converted' than a regular stock Saiga 308, as it still has to go through the usual parts replacement to achieve that magical 922r compliance. Now the version 21 does already have its trigger group moved forward which is certainly handy, but it can't use regular AK buttstocks which is a real pain, since replacing the buttstock with a U.S. made version is one of the most common methods of getting the parts count towards 922r compliance, and trying to find a U.S. made buttstock that will fit the version 21's slant receiver is very difficult. I think this is what really hamstrung the sales of the version 21. If Izhmash had made it like Norinco made the MAK 90s, with a thumbhole buttstock but with a conventional AK receiver that could still accept regular AK buttstocks, then the version 21 would probably have become the best selling Saiga 308.

Does this model have the same barrel as the Veper, or the Saiga? I was thinking that the Saiga-M version uses the same barrel as the VEPER, is this the same gun?

I'm real tempted to call second in line reguardless, but I'm not in the same state as you are.

Does this model have the same barrel as the Veper, or the Saiga? I was thinking that the Saiga-M version uses the same barrel as the VEPER, is this the same gun?

I'm real tempted to call second in line reguardless, but I'm not in the same state as you are.

I am glad to see others see the value of this weapon.

You'd have to be third in line. Had a dealer PM me 2 hours before you for a NIB trade.

I'll keep you updated.

It only has to be 922 if you intend to use other than the original factory mags, or aftermarket mags greater than 10 rounds.

with the cost of .308 ammo these days, there is nothing wrong with 10 rounders how many other commercially available rifles have more than 10 round .308 capacity semi auto??

and like I said before,.. it is already converted, if all you want to do is plug in a 30 round mag, then this is not for you, it is however the factory top of the line saiga 308,.... for any saiga imports we will ever see, especially now! these are gone,...and maybe due to the reasons you mentioned,..of course I am trying to justify my trade,... but it looks good to me!

,.... My 2 cent payment,....there is something different about the "M" or wood stock versions I have noticed that is not like the standard synthetic versions.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Saiga 308 version 21 is one of the best out of the box rifles one could ever get. My point was just that it wouldn't appeal as much to those who do prefer to be able to install a regular AK buttstock and use aftermarket magazines in their Saigas, but as you mentioned the version 21 wasn't really geared towards them anyway. For those who just want a solid, reliable, well made 308 self loading rifle, the version 21 is definitely one of the best.

Edited by Frogfoot
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.