Congressional Oversight hearings Into BATFE Abuse At Richmond Virginia

Congressional oversight committee Witness testimony.

http://judiciary.house.gov/OversightTestimony.aspx?ID=546

http://judiciary.house.gov/OversightTestimony.aspx?ID=547

http://judiciary.house.gov/OversightTestimony.aspx?ID=548

The ATF and the Richmond police did find problems at this show, however congess did not approve of the tactics used. The type of harassment and intimation was incredidible.

Edited by TacticalResponse

I'm hoping that our new attorney general Alberto Gonzales wasn't behind this event. If he was and Bush approved of it, we may then start to see new anti-gun laws, especially if Bush is accepting anti-gun advise from this man. Some people believe that Alberto Gonzales was responsible for the governments 922r compliance enforcment. I'm more than a little concerned that congress didn't ask who ordered this operation, although the hearings are not over yet.

Some people believe that Alberto Gonzales was responsible for the governments 922r compliance enforcment.

Can you elaborate on this?

When our old attorney general John Ashcroft resigned in 2004 ( he was pro gun) an old political friend of George Bush's from Texas ( Alberto Gonzales is anti-gun) was nominated by bush to replace Ashcroft. The Senate confirmed Alberto Gonzales as the new attorney general against the wishes of the NRA and all other gun organizations in America. Many people said that the attorney general had no power over gun laws, However many thought that his strong anti-gun position could have a dramatic effect on future gun rights during the Bush term. The pro gun lobby's opposition to this man, plus problems with the ATF and gun law enforcement sense he became our new attorney general have raised suspicions regarding his possible involvement in certain gun related events. The Congressional oversight hearings are expected to continue next week into the ATF abuses. A lot of people are wondering if Alberto Gonzales's name will come up during this investigation.

Alberto Gonzales is part of Bush's cabinet and you can be sure that he advises him on firearms regularly. This was the reason that pro gun Americans opposed him as our new attorney general and felt betrayed by Bush. Gonzales is the only true outspoken anti-gunner in the cabinet. Bush appointing an anti-gun attorney general is one of the worst things that has happened to gun rights supporters sense the 1994 crime bill and the 1989 import ban. The damage that this man could cause to our second Amendment is appalling if Bush accepts any of his anti-gun advise.

alberto is one of the most antigun pieces of @&$#*%^! if ever read of.

i read some articles awhile back about some serious antigun shit he did but can't remember the details.

i believe i posted some comments back then on here somewhere. i believe some of the articles where found in shotgun news if i'm not mistaken.

how the hell is this S-12 related?

There are different headings for a reason. they aren't just arbitrary words thrown on the front page.

Look, as much as i feel your plight. i come to the S-12 board to read and trade info on S-12's. If you have a political thread, please have the sense to start it where it belongs.

I think if most of the topics were started in the correct heading there would be less and less threads ending up in the trash.

Caspian

how the hell is this S-12 related?

There are different headings for a reason. they aren't just arbitrary words thrown on the front page.

Look, as much as i feel your plight. i come to the S-12 board to read and trade info on S-12's. If you have a political thread, please have the sense to start it where it belongs.

I think if most of the topics were started in the correct heading there would be less and less threads ending up in the trash.

Caspian

I AGREE.... TOPIC MOVED!

:smoke:

After Waco and Ruby Ridge do you really think anything is going to happen to the ATF.

Smoke another one and dream on.

Actually, after those events, a congressional committee recommended doing away with the BATF.

I'll try to find the report.