Saiga update for FBMG.....

As many of you know, we were trying to resolve the issue of the short bbls in house with Tromix so that we did not have to send the guns back to RAAC. Well, it did not work.

I have just spoken with the ATF and they will not allow the Distributors or Tromix to perform the required fixes. ALL shotguns, regardless of condition or status, must go back to Russian American Armory to have the choke permanently soldered in place and to be inspected by the ATF Inspector for RAAC.

This is completely out of our control and we are very sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you and your customers. If you have the firearms still in your inventory, please send them back within the next 10 days. If you have sold them, please contact your customers as they will need to send them back as quickly as possible.

RAAC is trying to make this situation as easy as possible. They have established an account to ship back to them and then back to you or the customer. To get the shipping information, either you or your customer, need to call Larry Woods at RAAC and let them know you need a return ticket.

Larry Woods, RAAC 1-812-752-2894

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you or your customers. Please explain the seriousness of the matter with them. The IZ-106 shotguns need to be shipped back to RAAC within the next 10 days. If you or your customers have any additional questions, please feel free to call us at 801-571-1160.

The ATF will be in contact with us if these weapons to not make it back to RAAC to be inspected. In the event of this, we will provide them the contact information of the dealer they were transferred to.

My personal note....

I guess all that money Tromix and FBMG spent on licenses for making NFA items does not allow us to fix items like these brakes. It simply astounds me that we can be trusted to make machineguns and other really nasty evil things, but not to solder a few fucking choke tubes on. Those gentlemen are our tax dollars at work, and we are clearly getting what we paid for.

Just spoke to someone at FBMG and they told me about the situation. Thank you for your patience and commitment to your customers. You could have just thrown up your hands and said, "fu*k it" I'm not going to deal with it. Instead you actually took the lead, from what I can see, found the problem and worked out a good solution. Thank you, to you and Tromix!!

Just spoke to someone at FBMG and they told me about the situation. Thank you for your patience and commitment to your customers. You could have just thrown up your hands and said, "fu*k it" I'm not going to deal with it. Instead you actually took the lead, from what I can see, found the problem and worked out a good solution. Thank you, to you and Tromix!!

I agree! It's my observation that FBMG is dead serious about taking care of their customers (and even non customers). PvtPyle has done an outstanding job of keeping the members informed of the situation.

Tony Rumore, without the "help" of the BATF, could have made the problem go away for all parties with professional workmanship.

Thank you, PvtPyle and Tony/Tromix!!!!

I have just spoken with the ATF and they will not allow the Distributors or Tromix to perform the required fixes. ALL shotguns, regardless of condition or status, must go back to Russian American Armory to have the choke permanently soldered in place and to be inspected by the ATF Inspector for RAAC.

They only took into account what would be most convenient for them in making their "ruling." Any other option will be ignored as it would be less convenient for them.

If you have a non-compliant gun and make it compliant, you haven't broken any law. If you fix it yourself or have a gunsmith do it, you have complied with the law.

They only took into account what would be most convenient for them in making their "ruling." Any other option will be ignored as it would be less convenient for them.

If you have a non-compliant gun and make it compliant, you haven't broken any law. If you fix it yourself or have a gunsmith do it, you have complied with the law.

But you still can not have the local inspector verify that it is good to go. You still have to spend the money and time to send it back, when a few minutes and a phone call could solve it all.

Well, I just packed up my new sons, and I will be shipping them back to Larry at R.A.A.C. I dont care for this, but Pvt Pyle and FBMG have been up front the whole way, so I have no bitch comming. I will do buisiness with them on this next shipment, if I spoke up in time to buy another Saiga 12, not to mention I am eyeballing the 308. FBMG has my buisiness, honesty is an admirable quality in the world of today.

arent we all glad that we pay our gun taxes?

I cant believe that they wont send an agent to your place of business pvtpyle, with the license you two have. I am quite surprised. its not like there is only one ATF agent out there that is qualified to do the inspections.

It is quite possible BATFE wants to put RAAC through the drill to leave a lasting impression of what it is like when an importer receives non-compliant goods and lets them float into the stream of commerce.

The message is next time determine whether the goods comply and should leave the dock warehouse or not before shipping them all over Gods green earth.

Before they are done BATFE will make RAAC account for every last shotgun, one way or another. That might mean a home visit for anyone refusing or failing to ship the shotgun back for "repair" and inspection.

And I bet it will work. RAAC will adopt more stringent methods of compliance assurance to avoid this kind of expensive and troublesome mess again.....despite the fact it originated with the Russians.

Wolverine :smoke:

Im not at all surprised with this.....typical governmental boobs....they could care less about convenience for the tax payer. Thats why I said in another post that I would hold tight on doing anything. Mine is all packed up and awaiting the return ticket :ded:

Pvt.Pyle. I called your store today as a matter of fact to see what all is involved in purchasing one over the net. I have a buyer on the line for the glock, so I should be calling you all next week. How long will it take for you guys to get them back in, so that you can start sending them out?

The second shipment will be here in mid April. Almost all of them from that shipment are already spoken for, so we are going to increase that today. I would get your order in ASAP. With the new online shopping cart going live yesterday you will be able to order online now.

I cant believe that they wont send an agent to your place of business pvtpyle, with the license you two have. I am quite surprised. its not like there is only one ATF agent out there that is qualified to do the inspections.

And the Russians thought they had an oppressive Govt. :rolleyes:

Hey pvtpyle,

I want to get a saiga twelve on your order.

I don't have an FFL, but should I purchase now to reserve, and worry about the transfer later?

BTW, I tried making a purchase on your site, but it denied the transaction. All my info was correct, but I got that message multiple times. I click the subit offline button and I was wondering if that just means that you guys do the entry manually, or do I have to mail it in?

thanks!

Under the US constitution, taxes may only be imposed as a means to generate revenue, and not as a regulatory device.

What the hell is the SAF and NRA doing with all the money I give to them?

Hey pvtpyle,

I don't have an FFL, but should I purchase now to reserve, and worry about the transfer later?

BTW, I tried making a purchase on your site, but it denied the transaction. All my info was correct, but I got that message multiple times. I click the subit offline button and I was wondering if that just means that you guys do the entry manually, or do I have to mail it in?

thanks!

Under the US constitution, taxes may only be imposed as a means to generate revenue, and not as a regulatory device.

Yeah, we are still working out the bugs on the shopping cart. The order went thru but it did not capture your card info. Thats OK, I don't like to bill until it ships. Call me direct today 801-571-1160

And since these are considered evil black rifles, you wont hear from the NRA.

Hey pvtpyle,

thanks!

Yeah, we are still working out the bugs on the shopping cart. The order went thru but it did not capture your card info. Thats OK, I don't like to bill until it ships. Call me direct today 801-571-1160

And since these are considered evil black rifles, you wont hear from the NRA.