Got my new toy today - USAS-12 (PIC)

I bought this thing back in September and it finally arrived today. All of the USAS-12's I have seen in the past were Gilbert Equipment guns and all had as-cast receivers. This is a later InterOrdnance gun with a black receiver. It is marked "Restricted Law Enforcement / Govt Use Only" so I am guessing it came in after 1994. The gun appears nearly new. Even the hammer face still has the original finish on it.

I have a big block of aluminum here which is going to be machined into a full auto lower recevier/pack for it. Now I just need to get a 20rd drum.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=386752

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

Edited by TonyRumore
I bought this thing back in September and it finally arrived today. All of the USAS-12's I have seen in the past were Gilbert Equipment guns and all had as-cast receivers. This is a later InterOrdnance gun with a black receiver. It is marked "Restricted Law Enforcement / Govt Use Only" so I am guessing it came in after 1994. The gun appears nearly new. Even the hammer face still has the original finish on it.

I have a big block of aluminum here which is going to be machined into a full auto lower recevier/pack for it. Now I just need to get a 20rd drum.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=386752

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

OMFG!!!! tony adopt me!!

Tony,

What license do you have. I've heard the ATF will let one or 2 DD's transfer to those who manufacture MG,silencers,SBS's, etc (I don't remember the license type).

You got a screaming deal, most are going for hundreds more.

Can you tell me what the stock choke is (or ID of the bbl)? Just curious.

Your talent level is thru the roof! I couldn't even dream of the stuff you undertake!

The gun uses a detachable trigger pack, similar in operation to an HK. But rather then having a sheet metal pack housing, it's machined aluminum.

I have a Type 07 FFL and pay the annual SOT tax. Since I am not a type 10 (DD) FFL, I had to pay the $200 transfer tax. I don't know if the ATF has any hard and fast rules regarding exactly how many DD's you can transfer without a Type 10 FFL, but they seem to allow a limited number.

Tony, what makes it legal to make a full-auto receiver for this?

RTFP :unsure:

He is an SOT II manufacture.

How do you become a SOT II manufacture? I am appling for a FFL and if I could apply for this at the same time it might save me time?