This is a beautiful sight. (pic)

Pretty damn cool. Tony, are you a one man show, or do you have help in your shop? The only reason I ask is that typical conversions aren't that involved, but you do a lot more to your products and if all the responses on the board are true, plus work for Pvt Pyle, you've got to be getting slammed with work. Hell, I don't even know where you find time for emails and posting pictures but I'm glad you do. By the way, I saw a picture of the s12 bore mandrel on your page, what's it used for?

Edited by 6500rpm

It's a one man show here at Tromix. I'm the janitor, book keeper and head machinist/TiG welder.

I work 7 days a week and many times start at 4am. I also do AR stuff and machine gun repair that I don't post here. Just finished an integrally suppressed .458 SOCOM AR-15, .204 Ruger AR, muzzle brake on a 50 Beowulf, repair on a Lewis machine gun, folding stock on a Mec-Tec Glock carbine, etc.

I used to sit on my ass running an operations group at a large aerospace manufacturing plant making nearly six digits. Now I make about 30K and work my ass off.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

:super: hey Tony,I have been to your site and pvt pyles and have to say -if I lived in a c3 friendly state-hope to soon!!!!- I would be over to yuor place and lick the receivers on 3 12" SBS's just like the guy in the old VW commercial - to claim them!! :lolol::lolol: OH and about your 'job' It is better to do what you like and make some money than to make big $$$ and completely loathe your job! Hell-wish I could paid for messing around with one or a couple of my hobbies-got a couple things simmering. Congrats on the fine work you do and EVERYONE-KEEP THIS GUY BUSY!!!!!!! BTW how bad IS the kick and blast from a 12 entry gun? I would like to get one asap after I move(hoping) and this would be an ideal 'pack gun' for when I offroad/camp/hike ,etc in the boonies-only the naive go into the boonies without packin some heat!
It's a one man show here at Tromix. I'm the janitor, book keeper and head machinist/TiG welder.

I work 7 days a week and many times start at 4am. I also do AR stuff and machine gun repair that I don't post here. Just finished an integrally suppressed .458 SOCOM AR-15, .204 Ruger AR, muzzle brake on a 50 Beowulf, repair on a Lewis machine gun, folding stock on a Mec-Tec Glock carbine, etc.

I used to sit on my ass running an operations group at a large aerospace manufacturing plant making nearly six digits. Now I make about 30K and work my ass off.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Hey you never told me you did suppresors Tony.

The suppressed .458 came out very nice. It only took me 6 months to get it done.

I will never make another one.

It's in the oven baking right now.........I'll shoot a pic of it when its out and put it up on the board.

S - The mandrel is inserted into the muzzle to drive it in the lathe chuck from the front. I pull the gas block and tube off, and then set up the steady rest where the barrel meets the receiver. It is then spun up and turned to true up the OD with the ID prior to threading for the Poly Choke installation.