Something to think about with all the DD talk

Even if you're right, isn't the Remington US made?

Wasn't the Street Sweeper U.S. made as well? I don't think imported vs US has anything to do with the DD designation. That's just 922r that has to do with imported guns.

Also I don't know about the Knoxx drum origins, but if it is U.S. made, that would make the S-12 a U.S. gun once you click it in... :wacko:

I will now step aside. Thank you!

post-2093-1144930856.jpg

Do you have any info (pertaining to this conversion) that you could post?.I've only heard of it mentioned here on the forum,but havn't been able to find a link.

Ive seen 2. One on A15.com awhile back.....and another either on gunbroker or gunsamerica. If I remember right both sold for over 1k though.

I did a search and couldnt find anything on it either.

here is a link to the sidewinder drum your refering to, about $100 for the adapter for your gun and $100 a pop for the drums . The mossberg is the only thing they currently make an adapter for but I have seen them fitted to an 870 listed on gbroker a while back and it sold for sub $500 , gun drum and all

http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/SideWinder.htm

Keep in mind this is bieng marketed for pump shotguns, not nearly as evil in some folks eyes as an autoloader

Edited by panaceabeachbum

Even if you're right, isn't the Remington US made?

Wasn't the Street Sweeper U.S. made as well? I don't think imported vs US has anything to do with the DD designation. That's just 922r that has to do with imported guns.

post-2093-1144930856.jpg

The StreetSweeper was a special case. The importer tried to bring the guns into the country, but the ATF stopped them by banning the gun from import. The importer then got the idea to bring the tooling into the US to get around the import regs. The ATF realized what the importer had done after several hundred had been sold and slapped a DD ruling down to prevent more from being built in the US.

A US-produced drum magazine will not cause a Saiga = DD ruling. The Saiga already has a "sporting shotgun" ruling by the fact that the ATF has them into the country as sporting shotguns. The Striker/Streetsweeper was never defined by the ATF as a sporting shotgun, which is why it could be ruled a DD.

The only way the Saiga could be declared a DD would be for the importer to try importing the gun in a non-sporting (pistol gripped/high-cap/drum/etc) configuration. That configuration would be a DD, not the current "sporting" Saigas.

The only difference between a 10 rd drum magazing like the Knoxx and a 10 rd stick magazine is the configuration. A 10 rd capacity is a 10 rd capasity. The drum would probably make it easier to shoot from a prone position, the stick would have better balance because the drum is offset to the left. What would really make sense, at least to me is a double collum stick magazine which would taper at the top just like double collum pistol magazines. Just a little wider than the current 5 & 8 rd mags but not as long as the 10 rd prototypes, that way you could still shoot from the prone position yet not have the balance issue or the "menacing look" of a drum.

• 2 weeks later...