Recoil Buffers???

+1 on the Blackjack green buffer.

That 1" pad on your ACE is very effective, I like mine.

Aegis said he was getting one of those mercury things for his stock, I'm waiting to see how much difference that makes.

Thank you both for the info.

It seems like every Tom, Dick & Herey are making recoil buffers these days.

BTY Cobra

I dropped the USPS M/O into the mail today for the OEM railed front hand guar (RFHG).

Thank you again for bringing us them.

And with this New RFHG, two rubber coated ERGO grips the BJ green buffer and the ACE 1" rubber recoil pad this all should make it one SWEEEET and controllable shoty to shoot.

I'm also thinking of picking up one of these slip on Recoil pads for when I'm going out shoot a lot of 00 buck and slugs.

aksliponpad2_LRG.jpg

Edited by Tiny
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm also thinking of sending it off to Tony to have a Poly Choke and Flash Hider installed.

I had Tony build mine with his modded the Poly Choke. I love it. I have still yet to go to the range and pattern my Saiga yet, but as soon as I do I will post a range report.

G45

Just personal choice, but I have used all of them out there, and I like, and use, BufferTechnologies buffers in every rifle, shotgun and pistol that I own and that BufferTech makes a buffer for.

:killer: Used both blackjack green and buffer tech. Buffer last longer, yet blackjack easier to change in ak's. Prefer Buffer in my custom built Fn Fal's

I never used a blackjack buffer, so I can't comment on those, I used Buffertech buffers because at the time they were the only ones I was aware for AK style systems.

That being said, I can confirm that the difference was noticable when the buffer was installed. Action noise was subdued, and felt recoil seemed less.

Of course any buffer is better than no buffer.

Recoil Buffer Pads, I feel that all the commercially avilable ones are too hard, so I make my own out of 1/4 inch sheet rubber gasket material. I just trace it then cut it with an exacto-knife. They don't last all that long but I always make a few when I'm doing it.

I'm also thinking of picking up one of these slip on Recoil pads for when I'm going out shoot a lot of 00 buck and slugs.

aksliponpad2_LRG.jpg

tiny, them boots are cool and they're a great fit for the ddr/polish/romy folding stock but they smell like a tire fire! very pungent! :D

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll go buy a nose clip. :haha:

Which recoil buffer is better for the Saiga 12 to reduce felt recoil? The BlackJack green buffer or the white Buffer Tech buffer, http://www.buffertech.com/stores/1/index.cfm.

Is it possible to use both?

His just the black BlackJack buffer, which is harder than the green version?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I have had short stroking problems with the Buffertech crap in every AK I have put them in, including my S12. I finally shot it a few shoots ago. Little bastard POS.

I run a Green buffer in all of my x39 AKM's, and a Black Buffer in my S12. I used the black in the S12 because I run a lot of 00 and Slugs through it, and the green ones won't stand up well under that kind of slamming.

The rear trunnion of my S12 looks freaking brand new inside, compared to my neighbors with about a 1/4 of the shells through it. His looks more abused than mine should.

Randy at Blackjask is the man. Flat out.

J

PUR works even better than red BlackJack and it sure can take the pounding. One can find several different hardnesses and as a material it is like rubber without "spring"-bouncing.

ps. Rubber foam works better in FAL than PUR or rubber buffers. FAL doesn't really break buffers so almost anything goes. Even mouse pad in 3-layer package works fine but doesn't last that long... It is worh trying though! :D

FAL with buffer

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

PUR works even better than red BlackJack and it sure can take the pounding. One can find several different hardnesses and as a material it is like rubber without "spring"-bouncing.

ps. Rubber foam works better in FAL than PUR or rubber buffers. FAL doesn't really break buffers so almost anything goes. Even mouse pad in 3-layer package works fine but doesn't last that long... It is worh trying though! :D

FAL with buffer

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Jumi,

That guy is pretty smooth with that FAL. Damn! I wish we could shoot some 3-gun matches with your group. The videos I have seen from your website of competitors and guns are impressive.

FAL with buffer

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Good to hear from you Jamshot!!! (you post on my Saiga/tactical shotty thread on my club's forum from time to time-- TSSA.net) What kind of muzzle brake is that guy using? I think the brake is much more important to controlling that .308 beast than a recoil buffer. It looks like it's pretty tame to me. I can't see the muzzle attachment very clearly. The guy moves too fast. :lolol:

Also as far as the guy asking the question in this thread goes: on my S-12 I use the 00 cylinder bore factory muzzle attachment with two approximately 1/8 to 3/16" holes on the top for climb, and two 1/4" holes on either side, angled back as much as the thickness of the steel will allow for braking. It works pretty well, but Jamshot needs to show you his Barett .50-style comp he uses. The guys at his club look like they are shooting a Beretta Storm rather than a 12 guage S-12s. THOSE are the ticket!! Jamshot actually installed TWO of those comps IN TANDEM on his S-12!!!! You can see his setup at my club's site tssa.net. Go to the forum, then to the Clubhouse thread, then tp the "proper tactical shotgun" thread I started inside the Clubhouse thread. It's on the second or third page.

...But Jamshot needs to show you his Barett .50-style comp he uses. The guys at his club look like they are shooting a Beretta Storm rather than a 12 guage S-12s. THOSE are the ticket!! Jamshot actually installed TWO of those comps IN TANDEM on his S-12!!!! You can see his setup at my club's site tssa.net. Go to the forum, then to the Clubhouse thread, then tp the "proper tactical shotgun" thread I started inside the Clubhouse thread. It's on the second or third page.

Let's cut some corners, shall we...? ;)

mag.jpg

I'm deffinitely posting this image far too often. icon_redface.gif

Fabulous.jpg

That Leaper's red-dot is nowadays Aimpoint and muzzle brake has 4 chambers (Made no difference...), but that's the "Tiger-FAL" in all it's glory... :D D'oh! Straight-push magwell wasn't installed when this pic was taken!

And brake demans gas, so only the cheapest South-African NATO-round availlable is used. It explains that smoke... :super:

Brake is the most important when reducing recoil, but when it comes to FAL; slide forces the aim to jump off the target. So Buffering the slide allowes one to keep the aim on target even on long distances. Too soft recoil-pad causes bouncing sights also, since gun is then allowed to move in shooters hands. :devil:

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Edited by JumiKuula

THANKS again, Jammer!!!! My club may not be the most talkative bunch (they are the AR or die crowd that wants to know new stuff, but is afraid of what fellow members may think of them). As the AK dude that keeps winning all the matches, I don't suffer from that problem!!!!! :lolol::super: I HAVE a primo Colt AR carbine, so they are doubly confused. :lolol:

Edited by inparidel