Sportsmans Guide FU**ED me Today!! (Update)

Well, I have had ordered since September, two units of "10 pack AK 47 30 round magazines".

Each month, I would call or reply via email that "yes, I wanted to retain my items on backorder"... for 9 months I have been dealing with this... EXPECTING them... so...

Two days ago... I call them to reaffirm the fact that I want them to remain on backorder, and they tell me that they are scheduled to arrive June 21st... I smile and agree cause I still dont believe it...

So yesterday... I realize that they tried to charge my debit card... Of course I didnt have QUITE enough in there... so they couldnt process the order... I am freaked out... THEY ARE HERE!!! after 9 months of WAITING THEY ARE HERE!!!!

Now mind you... I cant receive these mags, they are scheduled to ship to my father in Penn... as they are hi caps.. and ILLEGAL in NY state for some strange reason... Maybe cause the government of NY are nothing but FUCKTARDS... anyways... for 9 months this is the case, and its all good!!!

I call them this morning, 8 AM... to let them know I will pay tomorrow AM... and yes, it is all good! no problem!!!

THEN... Here it comes... (Are you sitting down? Ya need to be!)

11:49 I get an email... ( oh man... WTF?!!??!?!?!)

"Dear Mike,

Thank you for the recent order. However item ***** has been removed from your order. After our company has reviewed the laws in your state we have decided that we cannot send this item to you due to some legal issues in your state. You will be refunded. If there are any questions feel free to either reply to this email or contact us at 1-800-882-2945.

If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. "

Well... YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT I GOT QUESTIONS... and you are DAMN RIGHT I CALLED!!!!

They basically tell me TOUGH SHIT... and no they cant hold the mags till my dad IN PENN calls and orders them... cause they went out to the next guy in line... I told them its all bullshit... and they were in house, Just because my order is cancelled the mags ARE STILL IN THE FUCKING BUILDING!!! WALK YOUR ASS DOWN TO SHIPPING AND GRAB THE MAGS, SIT THEM ON YOUR DESK AND GIVE ME YOUR EXTENSION!! Then when my dad calls, you can process and ship them out... I WAITED 9 MONTHS for these mags... there was NEVER a problem until 11:30 AM as all was FINE... THEY ARE MINE I WANT EM!!! YEAH RIGHT... nothing doing... But, she tells me, that he can call in and order them with the same item number, as it shows them still available!!!

I WAS IRATE... and WAY PISSED... I let her know in no uncertain terms how thoroughly disgusted I was with SG, and how can they run a business like this, this way!?!?!? Honestly, I STILL AM... ( even though there is a sort of happy ending) I had to leave for an appointment, so I couldnt really get into it with them at this time...

So I call my dad, as he knew I used his home as the delivery point... and I explained the situation to him, as I was driving to a doctors appointment... he calls up, signs up and tries to order them... they tell him sorry no listing, they dont exist...tough shit... go fuck yourself...

He orders a 4 pack to try to placate me, as he knew I was boiling...

I called him back after my appointment... found out what they told him, and what he did... I thanked him, and told him I wasnt done with them yet... That I had to call them back...to chew someone else out as I wasn't going to let it drop...

I call up Customer service... explain the whole mess, and explain that I am about 5 minutes from murder...

The nice gal, Debbie... finds my order, Actually has not only a brain, but a whole heaping helping of common sense! She realizes the problem, Finds my dads order, Sees how they fucked him cause she can see for herself that the mags ARE INDEED available, with the right number and the right computer at SG... and she SWAPS OUT the order he placed to give him the order for 2 sets of 10 AK 47 hi cap mags!!!!! I know that normally a company wouldnt swap out an order for DIFFERING customers, but because the delivery addy and names on the accounts matched both orders, she realized that "hey... this is the same people, not some scam..." At least she was able to make it happen and be HELPFUL!

The BONE in the ass is that we are now placed BACK ON THE BACKORDER LIST... although she told me they are expecting in OVER 100,000 magazines!!!!!!!

If they come in on June 21st as expected.... They will be shipped out that or the next day... and I will be happy again!!!!

Needless to say... SG really stuck it in my ass today, with SAND AND SALT in the vaseline... ( Road salt, too.. the real chunky kind!!) and I was NOT PLEASED... Thankfully, there was one shining example of INTELLIGENCE and COMMON SENSE there, taking my call, who was able to help me satisfactorily... I am dissapointed I didnt get them early, but as long as they come... all will be well...

Just wanted to share this with yall...

:smoke:

mhmm.

been there with Centerfire Systems. They apparently cant be bothered to verify if mags are preban.

I tried to get some East German 30 rounders from them and argued on the phone with the "lady", pointing out that the WAS NO EAST GERMANY in '94.

no dice. :ded:

Indy,

Are you prepared to show up at the New York state attournies hearing of sportsmans guide and swear under oath, that you never accepted the magazines that you wanted drop shipped to your fathers, they are just a nice gift for him. I imagine thats why they do what they do. The attourney general of your state aint going after you for the stuff, it would be the company that allowed the sale, thus they are covering their bottom sides.

Also most retailers will not allow drop shipments of credit card or debit card items, they require shipment to the billing adress on the card due to restrictions that the credit card folks put on the cards too.

A good solution would be to get the laws of your state changed(I know that thats not easy) or move some where where the right to keep and bear arms is not taken lightly by the state. I guess in New York the better thing would be to ceed from lower New York and become the fifty first state of the union(don't sniker too much west virginia did it during the civil war).

i like it! chop New York City off our fine state like the tumor it is!

seriously, if upstate was left to its own devices, alot of this bullshit would be a non-issue.

i think long island might have to go with the city, too. :D

A good solution would be to get the laws of your state changed(I know that thats not easy) or move some where where the right to keep and bear arms is not taken lightly by the state.

Hook me up with a job that has the same bennies and pay I got now, and toss a house in there... and I will move anywhere ya suggest!

Unfortunately... Its just not that easy to "pack up and move" just cause I dont agree with the state's position on weapons and the like...

I agree with ya 44rdv4rk... Fuck the WHOLE city and the ISLAND... what we need is a nice small asteroid to touch down right east of the state about 500 miles out... DOUCHE the whole fucking, gun grabbing east coast shitlick cities right off the planet! Wash the whole east coast region FLAT... Start over... Hopefully we can have 99% of the shitheads in government in DC when it happens, too... Gotta have a big enough wave to reach DC and wipe it CLEAN....

Ironicly you guys live in New York, the place of the fabled Bannermans Castle where the man who bought up the entire surplus arms of the spanish american war and sold them to armies and indivuals far and wide was. He was fabled to be able to outfit a small nations army complete with uniforms, small arms, and artillary, if you had enough money.

what we need is a nice small asteroid to touch down right east of the state about 500 miles out... DOUCHE the whole fucking, gun grabbing east coast shitlick cities right off the planet! Wash the whole east coast region FLAT... Start over... Hopefully we can have 99% of the shitheads in government in DC when it happens, too... Gotta have a big enough wave to reach DC and wipe it CLEAN....

hahahha ... douche.... lol

another benefit of that would be some nice clean shoreline to fish from. :)

I like Sportsmansguide but I gotta say I'm not surprised. Somewhere along the line somebody probably said New York and from what I'm seeing a lot of businesses just don't full with certain states anymore. I'm sure it sucks having to explain that you don't live in New York City but rather just in NY, etc.

Unfortunately... Its just not that easy to "pack up and move" just cause I dont agree with the state's position on weapons and the like...

It's not as hard as you think either, I moved out of L.A. 10 years ago to WA. You might make less in other areas of the country but it usually costs less to live there. I am so much better off and I have a CCW and can have all the hicap assault weapons I want. It's tough to leave the life you're accustomed to, the money/career aspect of it is all relative and works itself out. You might also find that the competition is a little softer away from your particular rat-race...I sure did. :smoke:

C'mon, Indy.

You have to realize that everything firearms is CYA.

Sportsmens guide owner Gary O doesn't agree with ANY sort of Gun Control AT ALL. At the same time, he has a HUGE business to run.

Forgive him for the steps he must take in order to prevent government ASSHATS from shutting him down.

I know... I know... its just so damn irritating that the ONE DAY they do the restructuring, is the ONE DAY my shit is in, that I waited 9 months for...

TWENTY 30 round AK magazines for 44 bucks is too dirt cheap NOT TO BITCH!!!

Well... TO UPDATE...

My father called me TODAY...

20 happy little 30 round AK magazines were in his hands inside a cardboard box!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! YES!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

That gets the "official Indy 9 thumbs up seal of approval!" (There is NO BETTER rating...)

They ACTUALLY ARRIVED!!!! BOOOYAH!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can ya tell I am excited?!?!?!? LOL

YAY!!!!

the thing is, PREBAN (yes, that nasty word) magazines ARE COMPLETELY LEGAL to ship into NY state. a lot of businesses dont care to read the fine print to bullshit laws, so they wont send you 1970's ak high caps.

now, the stuff like recent production mags, thats another story. nothing a road trip cant solve. I can still get just about anything you can think of in this lovely bastard of a state we call NY, and its usually pretty cheap too. name it, I can get it more than likely. legally. the gun grabbers and soccer moms should keep thier noses out of shit they dont understand or know anything about, and stick to making GANGS illegal, and VIOLENCE illegal.

like Ive said in the past, when there were no guns, we killed one another with sticks and stones. its like banning granite in the stone age as a weapon. give me a break.

----had ta get that in there, sorry.

It would be truly hilarious to knock the living s*it out of a gun grabber or soccer mom with a piece of granite or length of stick. :lolol:

Preferably at one of their dumb ass gun hate rallies. :eek:

Hurts now too, doesn't it, Bitch? :ded:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I.ve generraly had good results from SG , but today I recieved an order with everything except the 900rd spamcan of Wolf 9mm. That was on the invoice as backordered, expected delivery in may. :cryss: . Still it was a good price and shipping was free on the order, due to promotion. Everyting else was right . Now the wife is stocked-up with Silver Bear slugs, and Golden Bear #4buck. :wub: