Anyone heard from RAA on the Saiga 30-06?

Just wondering if anyone's been in touch with RAA on revised due dates for the Saiga 100s in 30-06. Not the 308s that Gilbert's is selling, no, the 30-06. The one we were supposed to have in 2002.

Or have they taken back any promises on them and fallen back on the current imports?

If they take long enough, I'm looking to do a Saiga 30-06 of my own, tentatively of course. But by golly, if I wasn't as busy and had a lot more money, you sure bet I'd have one already, or at least tried.

It's been my plan for some time, but it's always been waiting on funds and tooling. Once I get a few other ducks in a row and shot I'll be seriously planning this.

As a friend of mine said once...

"Hehe... you need to get lathe."

Or in this case, a better one. I have other AK recartridging projects that could use it too.

Call them and ask. My experience is that they'll tell you what's up.

I asked about the 9x53 and they told me that they weren't going to import any until ammo was widely available, and they were working on ammo availability. Obviously that's not why you can't find a 30-06, but I'm sure they'll give you a reason.

To heck with waiting on them. We just ordered momma a pool today that is due to be started for install in the next 2-3 weeks. She looked at me and said "OK go on and order your new gun" when I asked WHICH on, she said "that BIG ugly one". So I'm getting a new AR50. Gun goes on order AFTER momma's pool is in and she's swimming, I think she should let me buy the gun first, just to make sure the pool is installed correctly. :):)

It's a shame that Saiga does not come out with a rifle (either the Series 100 or AK styles) chambered for 7.62x54R. I think, with all of the cheap surplus ammo out there, that it would sell very quickly. I would get one. Even if the magazine only could contain 8 or 10 rounds, I would still get one. (I did with the .308)

It's a shame that Saiga does not come out with a rifle (either the Series 100 or AK styles) chambered for 7.62x54R. I think, with all of the cheap surplus ammo out there, that it would sell very quickly. I would get one. Even if the magazine only could contain 8 or 10 rounds, I would still get one. (I did with the .308)

The shame is that Izhmash Tigers, the civvie SVD in 7.62x54r, aren't imported. From Izhmash's perspective, why build a 7.62x54r Saiga when they build the Tiger already?

The shame is that Izhmash Tigers, the civvie SVD in 7.62x54r, aren't imported. From Izhmash's perspective, why build a 7.62x54r Saiga when they build the Tiger already?

ding ding ding.....too bad the Tigirs are "evil" and we can't have them