real bad kickin gun

I went out on sunday and shot 3 rounds out of my s12 and it about tore my sholder off. Does steel shot 3 inch shells kick more than buck shot? It sure feels like it. I broke my tdi hand guard during the last shot. Another 80 bucks down the fucking tube... o well it is just money... I will post pics of the hand guard later this afternoon... I reinstalled the orginal hand guard and i kinda lile it better. I just need to ad rails to it.

but seriously does 3inch steel shot kick harder than 3 inch buck shot normally or did i get some hot loads I was shooting winchester super X

Edited by TheGunHustler
snip>

I went out on sunday and shot 3 rounds out of my s12 and it about tore my sholder off. Does steel shot 3 inch shells kick more than buck shot? It sure feels like it.

but seriously does 3inch steel shot kick harder than 3 inch buck shot normally or did i get some hot loads I was shooting winchester super X

No flame but.. the loadings are listed on the box, what did they say? That should have given you a clue.

snip>

I went out on sunday and shot 3 rounds out of my s12 and it about tore my sholder off. Does steel shot 3 inch shells kick more than buck shot? It sure feels like it.

No flame but.. the loadings are listed on the box, what did they say? That should have given you a clue.

they didnt come with a box I got a hand full from a friend i think a shell had 3/4 dram on the side i am not sure what that means ill have to call my bud and find out... I am not famillar with shot gun loads at all and i ahve no idea what a dram is

I have fired the 3" Federal premium copper turkey loads and they kicked like pissed off mule on steroids.

They were 4 dram with 2oz. of shot. OUCH!

Sorry about your HG man, can it be fixed?

post-1293-1164633516_thumb.jpg

I have fired the 3" Federal premium copper turkey loads and they kicked like pissed off mule on steroids.

They were 4 dram with 2oz. of shot. OUCH!

Sorry about your HG man, can it be fixed?

post-1293-1164633516_thumb.jpg

:eek: 4 dram & 2 oz!

I shot some 3 1/2 heavy buck outta my old mossberg. I don't know what the loading on those was, but it was about 3x the punch of normal 2 3/4" stuff. Put me off balance.

We burned my buddy once on the trap league. He borrowed my mossberg for the shoot, so I hooked him up with a few rounds of that stuff mixed in with some cheap 2 3/4" stuff. :lolol:

He got an immediate adrenaline rush! :lolol:

-always load your own gun-

We burned my buddy once on the trap league. He borrowed my mossberg for the shoot, so I hooked him up with a few rounds of that stuff mixed in with some cheap 2 3/4" stuff. :lolol:

ROFLMAO. Now that's just plain mean...but funny as hell.

I forgot to say that liveing in a apartment in town you get some weird looks when you come out of the door with 3 guns straped to your back.... the chinese man and woman accross the hall were comeing out the same time i was and they shot back in the door and locked it fast.. i am supprized the cops wernt waiting for me when i returned home. and the man walking his dog glanced at me and turned real fast and started to walk the other way looking over his sholder.... I live arround a bunch of kerry voteing pricks... lol I cant wait till new years :angel:

ROFLMAO. Now that's just plain mean...but funny as hell.

we did that to an exchange student once... he was shooting a small single shot 12 ga 3 1/2" chamber. We had been feeding him light loads all day until he asked for something lighter because his shoulder hurt....so a round of fed premium 00 later we were trying to keep him upright and ahold of the gun :devil:

LOL, I get some FUNNY looks when I walk to the truck with the 12 in one hand, 45 on my side, kel-tec sub-2000 in the other hand, large bag with mags and rounds stickin out of it, and now I get to add a 223 to the mix....

amazingly my neighbors dont play the music so loud anymore when their buddies are over.... LMAO

but the funniest thing is that they dont' even see the S&W 38 in my pocket

Edited by BUFF_dragon

call me paranoid, but around my neighborhood i like to keep my guns low profile. the less people whoi live around me know about my guns the better. Id hate for one of them to get a crazy idea like breaking in and taking them to pawn off somewhere

I went out on sunday and shot 3 rounds out of my s12 and it about tore my sholder off. Does steel shot 3 inch shells kick more than buck shot? It sure feels like it. I broke my tdi hand guard during the last shot. Another 80 bucks down the fucking tube... o well it is just money... I will post pics of the hand guard later this afternoon... I reinstalled the orginal hand guard and i kinda lile it better. I just need to ad rails to it.

Try the ACE 1" recoil pad, and a muzzle brake (pm me for the ones I have a patent pending for). It makes even mag loads tolerable.

Try the ACE 1" recoil pad, and a muzzle brake (pm me for the ones I have a patent pending for). It makes even mag loads tolerable.

do you have a pic of the brake? I do not thave a threaded barrel. I am interested.

Well talking about brakes for gun, I guess been ignorant

on the matter, I guess is not the rule that higher the pressure

the more effective the brake, and been that the shotguns

and big boomers like low pressure 45-70 benefit the list

from any brake at all because the low pressure, any way

I guess barrel porting on the shotgun that really will help

is not a matter for some one that makes magic muzzle

brakes for shotguns

Any way what do I know, just a dumb peasant.