Dragunov/Skeletonized Stocks Available Soon

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyplace that sells the stock seperately? I was thinking about doing the AK conversion, but if I can get my hands on one of those, I am set.

any update :killer:

No update yet. You will have to contact RAA for more info. They're supposed to be out any day now. I've sent my Saiga away :cryss: to have a conversion done, so I won't be getting one now.

Just answer me a question, why any one want to install a crapie butt stock that does not do

a thing for the gun, even looks like crap, don't help the FCG at all, you gun is not 922 compliant

with it, don't tell me that looks like a drag, because don't look like a drag at all, just like a cheap

imitation of drag.

Just Curios.

Edited by vjor
I just scanned over the thread quickly, but wouldnt the stock be considered a thumbhole and be acceptable if used alone?

yes bro with 10 round mags but people come and install 20 or 30 rounders, I lot of new guys get

miss lead by Vendors into think is ok to use 30 rounders with it, and even the worst install G2 or FSE

FCG will do better than the original FCG, I just hear people say that the gun is crap and see there rigs

and then I see why, they blame the gun for something they don't even have idea how it works at all.

Just answer me a question, why any one want to install a crapie butt stock that does not do

a thing for the gun, even looks like crap, don't help the FCG at all, you gun is not 922 compliant

with it, don't tell me that looks like a drag, because don't look like a drag at all, just like a cheap

imitation of drag.

Just Curios.

Well...I can only speak for myself, but the reason for me would have been the advantage that a pistol grip style stock would give without having to do a complete conversion. I know it would do nothing for the trigger pull or the 922 infringement, but at least would give it a more military style look if nothing else. Personally, I don't think they look all that bad, but it's a matter of taste.

When I bought mine I had my choice of a pre ban Century AK for a little more, but I chose the Saiga instead because I was paying attention to what all you folks say about them, despite the fact that in the end it's more money by the time I through getting it to my preference. Recently I sent mine away for a conversion because I don't have the tools or talent to do it myself. I thought it such a good deal at $365 for a Molly Fusion refinish job, complete conversion with FCG intalled, US made Nato Length butt stock, pistol grip and bullet guide that I just had to do it. Every body else wanted between $190 to $250 for just a refinsh, and around $250 or more for just a conversion with no parts installed.

I called Dave at Elite Firearms and talked to him personally before I made the decision. He does know what he is talking about, and I'm trusting him with my beloved Diane ( That's my Saigas name :wub: )

Edited by MacMan

Thanks, vjor. I'm AK illiterate, so could you tell me what the difference is between the standard AK variant and the Russian AK-100 series? I'm learning as I go along here. Always wanted an AK, just was not sure what to get. From what I gather here, I'm glad I got the Saiga despite the fact that is much more money in the end than I had originally planned to spend.

From what I gather from this forum, and talking with Dave at Elite Firearms the Saiga is indeed a quality rifle. It's my understanding that the receiver, and barrel are heat treated to 1800 degrees making it a real solid platform. It's not just heat treated around the rivet holes, but the whole receiver. That's why the metal is so hard to work with, and without proper tools and know how, you can bugger it up real easy if your not careful.

Yeah, I can't wait to get it back. I think it will be money well spent.

imitation of drag.

Just Curios.

Ever talked to someone that put a plastic folding stock an an SKS? Seems very similar to me. Some people don't want to take a dremel tool to their new rifle because they don't trust themselves with it or don't want to full with. And some of those same people don't want to spend the money for a conversion because again they don't want to mess with it OR they don't have it to spend.

Most of us buy Saigas because we know they are an excellent value, new Russian AK at a great price with alot of potential and all that. But some people just buy them cause they are cheap AKs. And those people WILL entertain the idea of the drag style stock because its an affordable upgrade. And just like the SKS crowd putting ATI folders and high caps on their rifles, aren't going to care about 922r.

This is just my observation from dealing with customers who ask about Saigas. But yeah it sucks that some dealers are going to sell them (Killimall on Gunbroker) in uncompliant configurations to buyers who don't know any better.

But yeah it sucks that some dealers are going to sell them (Killimall on Gunbroker) in uncompliant configurations to buyers who don't know any better.

Anybody else want to drive to NC and just bitch slap him around a bit? A dealer selling that gun in clear violation(s) and not giving a damn about it drives me nutts. Here we are trying to educate the masses that there are hoops to jump through and showing step by step instructions how to jump through those hoops.

And then we have the asshats.. :killer:

Edited by scoutjoe

imitation of drag.

Just Curios.

Ever talked to someone that put a plastic folding stock an an SKS? Seems very similar to me. Some people don't want to take a dremel tool to their new rifle because they don't trust themselves with it or don't want to full with. And some of those same people don't want to spend the money for a conversion because again they don't want to mess with it OR they don't have it to spend.

Most of us buy Saigas because we know they are an excellent value, new Russian AK at a great price with alot of potential and all that. But some people just buy them cause they are cheap AKs. And those people WILL entertain the idea of the drag style stock because its an affordable upgrade. And just like the SKS crowd putting ATI folders and high caps on their rifles, aren't going to care about 922r.

This is just my observation from dealing with customers who ask about Saigas. But yeah it sucks that some dealers are going to sell them (Killimall on Gunbroker) in uncompliant configurations to buyers who don't know any better.

Yea, you right bro, just the stuff with the 922 kind of pisses me, you know

more power for the ATF to stop import of the gun into the country and more

ammo for the damn democrats to start crap.

• 4 weeks later...

As long as it only has the thumbhole stock, it is in a compliant configuration. It's up the the buyer to toss on the non-compliant stuff.

I like the stock because the cheek rest works well with a scope, it is light, sturdy, and I don't have to perform a hack job on my rifle to make it into an AK look-alike. SOME people actually buy this gun BECAUSE it doesn't look like an assault rifle. Some people actually just use it to hunt with. I'll use my select fire HK 53 as my 'bug out gun'.

WYK

But yeah it sucks that some dealers are going to sell them (Killimall on Gunbroker) in uncompliant configurations to buyers who don't know any better.

Anybody else want to drive to NC and just bitch slap him around a bit? A dealer selling that gun in clear violation(s) and not giving a damn about it drives me nutts. Here we are trying to educate the masses that there are hoops to jump through and showing step by step instructions how to jump through those hoops.

And then we have the asshats.. :killer:

Edited by WYK
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I put the dragunov style stock from carolina shooter on mine and love it. this gun is a tool not a beautiful hunting rifle or precision tack driver. I prefer not to do the conversion....yet. But as soon as I get $$ and my balls grow a bit I will have at it.