What is a good Reflex Sight for the Saiga 12?

What is a good Reflex Sight for the Saiga 12?

I have been looking at the EO Tech 512.

anyone had any hands on?

I could use some seasoned insight prior to dropping 350.00$!

Thanks for the help everyone!

I'd like to know if there is a decent russian reflex sight for my Saiga available.

The Kobra? Its available w/ either a "weaver" style mount or the entire side mount. I've seen one (Barska)that looks like all the cheap knockoffs. I have no clue if it is up to the punishment of a real firearm.

I know from the bolt-action world it is not uncommon to pay 2-3 times the amount of the weapon for a good scope. . .

I have a Kobra. Mine is a AA model, and I've had problems. Not with the optic, but with the batteries. They lay in line with recoil, so the ends flatten during recoil, eventually they stop working well before the life of the battery should be up (broken internal connection? Lack of contact between ends?). Sometimes I'll get 100 rounds.

But, this is a problem with batteries, and I have a bunch of cheapo's that I bought for my kids off the interblab, so I just replace them before anything important. Eventually I'll test battery types, maybe look into a buffer between batteries, or just replace it with the watch type battery. But I love mine, it's built for the AK (side mount is solid!), and it's tough as nail!!!

Edited by kmoore

KOBRA is probably the best for the price overall (good sight choices and rugged), my EOTech is hands down the best sight picture, but there's a high price to pay to get it. As far as lasers go, most I've seen are pretty much a novelty item except in low light conditions-I wouldn't use one as my primary optics.

Hello

I added the Eotech 552 to my S12 post-Halo. Only shot like 100 slugs through it, but the thing is bullet-proof tough and spot-on. I can remove it and remount it and not lose a thing.

One thing to consider is that the Eotech has an integral mount, if you're going to use a Picatinny/Weaver base for it, that saves a few bucks. And, the AA batteries are cheap and plentiful (go lithium!)

See my post re: a S12 Korzac(sp?) laser and a 530 nm 12 mw green Surefire copy from Hong Kong. If you're serious about a laser, that thing is just awesome!

I agree about not using one exclusively, though.

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

I've installed a PK-AS-W sight on my S-12 and I love it.

I still need to sight it in.

If any one has a english copy of the manual let me know... I'm also looking for one for my KOBRA EKP-1S-03M Red Dot.

PKASC_1_800.jpg

PKASC_2_800.jpg

PKASC_ak1_800.jpg

PKASC_reticle_800.jpg

3z6utqf.jpg

I used a BP-02 AK-to-Weaver (Low) Mount Adapter so I could mount the sight centered over the receiver.

bp02_800.jpg

bp02akright_800.jpg

Edited by Tiny
That's nice. Where'd you get it and how much?

I got both the sight and mount off the for sale forums here and another board.

Freedom optics.com has the mount (but) only has the PK-AS-C sight which is the one that I posted pic's of.

The PK-AS-W is the same sight as the PK-AS-C (but) doesn't have the AK side mount.

It locks straight to a Weaver a Picatinny rail.

Here are some pic's

pkasw_a42.jpg

pkasw_1_800.jpg

I paid $165 for the sight in LNIB con. and $35 mount in LNIB con.

Freedom optics.com has the PK-AS-C & PK-AS-W sights for $209.95 and the BP-02 AK-to-Weaver Low Mount Adapter for $46.95.

Heres a link.

http://www.freedomoptics.com/comersus/stor...ynamicIndex.asp

Edited by Tiny

I can vouch for the PK-AS as well, I haven't tried it on my Saiga yet but they are really nice sites. I like it because it has both a larger ring and a small dot which you can see in the pics Tiny posted, the small dot lights up and has a bunch of brightness settings but the black dot and ring are there even if the battery dies. I got mine (PK-AS-W) with two mounts (AK center mount, and SVD style offset mount) for $189 off of ebay. They are comparable in price to Kobras but are more versatile IMO since they will work without batteries.

This one:

P1145874.jpg

desc.jpg

+1 on that! I have on mounted on my .308 and am getting more for a bunch of other applications including a Ruger Mark II, a Dan Wesson .357, an AK-104 an AK pistol and an S-12. I will say however that the Barska reflex sight sold as the Guide Gear reflex sight at sportsmanguide.com isn't all that bad other than the fact that I stripped out the threads on it the first time I tried to mount it with very little torque applied. I just got a longer screw and a steel nut and it's fine now.

This one:

P1145874.jpg

desc.jpg

+1 on that! I have on mounted on my .308 and am getting more for a bunch of other applications including a Ruger Mark II, a Dan Wesson .357, an AK-104 an AK pistol and an S-12. I will say however that the Barska reflex sight sold as the Guide Gear reflex sight at sportsmanguide.com isn't all that bad other than the fact that I stripped out the threads on it the first time I tried to mount it with very little torque applied. I just got a longer screw and a steel nut and it's fine now.

I have found it perfect for the S12. Multi-ret, small, and perfect for close quarters. There are also a good amout of ways to mount it.

I haven't tried it for long range work yet though.

I have found it perfect for the S12. Multi-ret, small, and perfect for close quarters. There are also a good amout of ways to mount it.

I have it mounted above the 3.5 - 10X scope on my .308. for close quarters and sighted in at 50 yards. For long range shooting I use the scope.

gallery_2033_8_73681.jpg

This one:

P1145874.jpg

desc.jpg

anybody got a good outlet for one of these?

aprox. cost?

Thanks for all the input! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

eotech is the best sight ive ever seen or used it is great on my ar havent tried it on my 12 cause i wont take it off ar. ive also picked up a bushnel holo sight same sight just not as rugged got mine for $200 with n batteries new ones r more with aa bats. they also make a cheaper one for shotguns it has a smaller window. very curios about that wish i could see one in person. id really like to try a cheaper one but im just damb impressed with eotech.

hey guys does any one know if the atn, pk-as-w, or cobra are paralex free. id love to find a cheaper sight for shotty buck shot is very forgiving. excellent set up dagroaner with atn on scope thats exactly how i want to set up my 308. but ive always heard if its not paralex free u have to center dot in window ?? any insight on this would be great. eo or holo is just point and shoot red dot =hit so fast you dont even have to have a good cheek weld.