No Information from FBMG

I have followed this whole process from the beginning.

All I can say is: JOB WELL DONE!!

Clearly, the whiners here are infantile and/or unreasonable at best.

At least one is in the psychotic and/or psychopathic category. (A very strong case for gun control.)

AFAIK, there has been no mistakes really. The whole process has gone incredibly well. Extraordinarily so.

Everyone seems to think that pulling off something like the successful manufacture of 20 round Saiga mags is as easy as running down to your neighborhood McDonalds and ordering a Happy Meal.

Are you kidding me? Hilarious.

Has it escaped everyone's notice that NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD HAS PRODUCED 20 ROUND SAIGA MAGS FOR THE US MARKET? NO ONE!

Here's some news for you kids. YOU TOOK A GAMBLE...AND NOWHERE NEAR THE GAMBLE THAT THE MANUFACTURES TOOK. NOWHERE EVEN CLOSE.

In an undertaking of such scale, you are lucky to be able to complete it AT ALL.

I don't see any problems here from the manufacturers.

Here some more news.

This whole undertaking is a rousing success.

Do you know what a rousing success looks like?

It looks exactly like what is going on with the 20 round Saiga mags...warts and all. Nothing went wrong. This is what it looks like when things go just ducky.

The development, communication and delivery has gone superbly well.

This whole thing could have gone down in flames like the previous attempts by others.

The only problem is that the expectations some of the buyers was WAAAAAAAAAAAY OFF. WAAAAAAAAAY OFF. WAAAAAAAY OFF.

Some children don't know when they're well off. That's the ONLY PROBLEM HERE.

"You don't need no strength, you need to grow up, son."

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i'm happy with my mags and the delivery time. granted i would've liked to get them a week after i ordered them, but this was a new, untried product.

don't know my number on the list (c.s. in 32539), but considering the prototype making and testing, plus the minor revision for (follower sticking i think), the guys at fbmg did a good job overall.

did the wait make me feel like a kid on christmas eve? yes it did. i checked the forum every day looking for some news rather than emailing/posting questions. i figured if i didn't bother them, they would be working madly to get the mags out. :super:

granted there were some mistakes made, but there always are when you try something new, but in spite of mistakes/problems, THE MAGS ARE NOW AVAILABLE.

thanks again fbmg and i will be ordering at least 2 more mags after i pay the christmas bills. :eek:

I tell you what, I was probably one of the first to order, and I still haven't gotten my mags.

But guess what? Shit happens. I'm not going to fuss over it. I'll get them eventually.

If it weren't for this GAMBLE(which is basically what this production was) on FBMG's part, everyone would still be looking for some easy mag to convert into some ugly-ass magazine that would fit, and HOPEFULLY feed reliably in the S308.

Good for you - the rest of us would like some consideration and recognition for our early participation. Please continue to wait in silence.

Macbeau sends...

All you seem to be getting for self-entitled expectations is recognition for your impatience. As for consideration, FBMG has given plenty. They updated their progress throughout the process of making these mags, including the fact that their original followers weren't coming through and there would be delays. Not many people were bitching then, and those who did were offered full refund at any time. I bought more pre-orders from those who gave up on them. Their loss.

Know what a pre-order is? Its basically an investment. An investment with no garauntee of the end product, but your refund on your investment was garaunteed. The incentive for this no-loss investment was a discounted price, not the "I got them first" bragging rights.

As far as I know, a war hasn't broken out in the US yet. If one does before I get my mags, then I'll start bitching about FBMG.

I sure hope you two get your mags tommorrow so you can shut the hell up,Christ.

This is where I started I quoted the pre-order list and posted this:

ll

See me way up there in the #7 position on the list? Does it make sense that I have still not received my mags? Not bitching, just asking because I'm afraid my order has been lost since i was among the first to lay our money down.

From there it escalated to this. Buy a clue. Why was that too much to ask? Especially in light of the belatedly disclosed fact that they did lose orders including mine? Braindead? Tell me this genius, if we didn't say anything when precisely were the other geniuses at FBMG going to figure out that they fucked up?

Edited by DaGroaner

ll

See me way up there in the #7 position on the list? Does it make sense that I have still not received my mags? Not bitching, just asking because I'm afraid my order has been lost since i was among the first to lay our money down.

From there it escalated to this. Buy a clue. Why was that too much to ask? Especially in light of the belatedly disclosed fact that they did lose orders including mine? Braindead?

You made a mistake thinking that that list was your order number. The guys at FBMG have stated(many times prior to this thread) that that list did not indicate your order number.

ll

From there it escalated to this. Buy a clue. Why was that too much to ask? Especially in light of the belatedly disclosed fact that they did lose orders including mine? Braindead?

You made a mistake thinking that that list was your order number. The guys at FBMG have stated(many times prior to this thread) that that list did not indicate your order number.

Brilliant!!! Because they accepted my order prior to them getting their order number system put together I go to the back of the line. Dude just STFU and mind your own godamned business.

SHeeeiiit, I'm not stressin. Hell I dont even remember how many I ordered. BUT... hehehe... something just dawned on me, I wonder if I could place an order now and get those before the first ones :lol::lol: . Just kidding... I hear both sides and to me... fuck.. I have to work and dont have time to shoot now. Hell I got my AGP mags a month ago and havent even LOADED them yet. I want them and hell yeah want to shoot them but for christ's sake if your need them that bad get a hobby to take your mind off'em. Hell its X-MASS hang some tinsel on your dick and sing "Joy to the World" for all I care.. but lighten up... it was a fun read tho

I don't think any one here, unless you deal with injection molded plastics has a idea of how much money FBMG has tied up in this project. I think everyone thinks its oh a couple of thousand of bucks, if you look into injection molding that buys you a small ass simple mold, these things arnt small or simple to make(I am guessing the body was atleast a three part mold), how many of you understand draft of a part, venting to ensure flow of the plastic into the mold, the tollerances of making the mold to deal with shrinkage. I guess everyone must be a expert in injection molding and have eight to ten thousand dollars to get the mold started, not to include the production runs and rework of the molds to get things right.

I think we all owe a great deal of thanks to the folks out there that layed out the money for the work, I imagine fifteen hundred units (thus sixty thousand dollars or so) might have gotten them close to something of recooping their costs but I imagine they don't make much money on these things untill they are well beyond the break even point. So next time everyone wants to jump up and bitch about getting mags better antie up more than some money to buy mags, get out the check book and look into making plastic injection molds and getting the company to set up to do the production run and then lay out all of your money to get the thing going. Then you have all the rights to bitch about something really invested into the process besides a little inconvenience and such.

Just remember the more hassle they get the less folks want to even do these jobs even after they have given good responces to the problems encountered and most folks out here seem to feel that they have been responsive and forthcomeing with information about the process. If this wasnt the case I imagine there would be hundreds of negitive responces on this thread, not just the few.

Edited by okie shooter

ll

Brilliant!!! Because they accepted my order prior to them getting their order number system put together I go to the back of the line. Dude just STFU and mind your own godamned business.

Remind me. What name is right below yours on that same list?

1st of all - I would like to add some sanity to this otherwise downward-spirialing-thread and be the voice of reason...

But, here goes.

The extra mag body was an incentive to get preorders. The goal was to hit 1500, and based upon what posters told us they would order, we thought that was achievable. However we weren't even close. In fact we were so far away that we had to go into massive personal debt to fund this project.

I know - it only took me three months to get a square answer as to whether that was met. I was hoping that those of us who were neglected and forgotten would have at least been offered an extra mag body - but I guess that's too much to expect...

And I didn't try to conceal anything. As soon as I realized that I had got some of them out of order, I admitted it. There was no intent to hide anything. It was an honest mistake.

Are you sure about that? It took me almost a month to realize that ya'll really didn't know who I was, even though I had been posting here MANY TIMES about my expectation and understanding of your situation. When PvtPyle asked me last week to resend my contact info (including my order number - which I had explained numerous times that I was too early of an order in the order process to receive an order #), I realized that many of us in the first 20 or so had been lost / omitted / overlooked...etc... No offense, but I stated earlier that there is nothing quite like being early on the band wagon, only to be cold 'dissed by those who supported you.

Soooo, there is no China? (McUzi Rambling which is what this has become). Less talk, more work.

Damn - I hate to admit it - but I miss him sometimes....

I tell you what, I was probably one of the first to order, and I still haven't gotten my mags.

But guess what? Shit happens. I'm not going to fuss over it. I'll get them eventually.

If it weren't for this GAMBLE(which is basically what this production was) on FBMG's part, everyone would still be looking for some easy mag to convert into some ugly-ass magazine that would fit, and HOPEFULLY feed reliably in the S308.

Good for you - the rest of us would like some consideration and recognition for our early participation. Please continue to wait in silence.

Macbeau sends...

I'm very appreciative of what FBMG has undertaken, as I have repeatedly stated in many posts. But as an forum member who, while following the directions laid out by FBMG, ordered on the first possible day I have to agree with the frustration in these posts. The delay is forgivable. It's the lack of communication to the 20 or so people lost in the shuffle who are/were your most loyal customers. I'm bummed about being overlooked (albeit accidently), but to have it uncorrected, unexplained for months, and un-replied to in addition to your post Correia (I paraphrase) "It never crossed your mind to do something to remedy this" comes off as less than stellar. We're your word of mouth and your best customers- for future endeavors please communicate (especially if you only screwed up the placement of 1 or 2 dozen orders) and then tangibly make it right!

I don't think any one here, unless you deal with injection molded plastics has a idea of how much money FBMG has tied up in this project. I think everyone thinks its oh a couple of thousand of bucks, if you look into injection molding that buys you a small ass simple mold, these things arnt small or simple to make(I am guessing the body was atleast a three part mold), how many of you understand draft of a part, venting to ensure flow of the plastic into the mold, the tollerances of making the mold to deal with shrinkage. I guess everyone must be a expert in injection molding and have eight to ten thousand dollars to get the mold started, not to include the production runs and rework of the molds to get things right.

I think we all owe a great deal of thanks to the folks out there that layed out the money for the work, I imagine fifteen hundred units (thus sixty thousand dollars or so) might have gotten them close to something of recooping their costs but I imagine they don't make much money on these things untill they are well beyond the break even point. So next time everyone wants to jump up and bitch about getting mags better antie up more than some money to buy mags, get out the check book and look into making plastic injection molds and getting the company to set up to do the production run and then lay out all of your money to get the thing going. Then you have all the rights to bitch about something really invested into the process besides a little inconvenience and such.

Just remember the more hassle they get the less folks want to even do these jobs even after they have given good responces to the problems encountered and most folks out here seem to feel that they have been responsive and forthcomeing with information about the process. If this wasnt the case I imagine there would be hundreds of negitive responces on this thread, not just the few.

Buy a clue, they didn't make the investment without doing their homework and making damned sure they were going to profit first. They obviously are going to make a great deal of money off of it. They did not do this out of the goodness of thier hearts for members of this forum, they did it to make money. Some of us laid down our own money to support them in this endeavor with the REASOBABLE expectation that would among this fiurst to receive magazines when production began not among the last. When we ask what going on we're told to shut up and wait patiently. That's customer service at FBMG. Take it or leave it.

ll

Then thank the people who spoke up for causing FBMG to pull their heads out of their asses and find your order. DUH!

It still sounds like when they figgured out the problem they explained it to all involved, what does everyone expect from them they appolgied and send the mags out and seems everyone is now getting them just slightly out of order. I guess they cant make everyone happy, but again there are just a couple of people on this thread with hard core complaints, the rest of the folks on that list seem to be happy and even some that had their orders processed out of sequence.

Profanity is a sign of a weak mind attempting to express itself.

I havent bought mags from FBMG yet but I will.I bought a Saiga .308 because I heard they were going into production.

I feel for the guys that paid up early and are still waiting for their mags,heck if it was me I would be ticked also but it seems to me that FBMG is doing what it can to answer questions and rectify problems.

Keep up the good work FBMG you guys have done something for us no-one else was willing to do.

Bossman

Edited by Bossman

ll

Then thank the people who spoke up for causing FBMG to pull their heads out of their asses and find your order. DUH!

No, I actually called them myself while buying out someone elses' pre-order right before the first batch shipped. Did you even try speaking to someone before starting your internet rant?

One last time for the FBMG brown-nosers that can't follow the thread and lack the ability to see the forest for the trees. This is where I began:

Why couldn't Larry or Pyle simply answer my question? Answer that you brown-nosing twats.

Profanity is a sign of a weak mind attempting to express itself.

I havent bought mags from FBMG yet but I will.I bought a Saiga .308 because I heard they were going into production.

I feel for the guys that paid up early and are still waiting for their mags,heck if it was me I would be ticked also but it seems to me that FBMG is doing what it can to answer questions and rectify problems.

Keep up the good work FBMG you guys have done something for us no-one else was willing to do.

Bossman

Who asked you? WTF does any of this have to do with your punkass at all? Mind your own damn business.

Edited by DaGroaner

Well, since I received my four mag's yesterday, I suppose I can now "jump the fence" and start griping at those who are still bitchin'....JUST JOKING!!!!

However, although I greatly appreciate the efforts FBMG have made to do this, I don't think it can be ignored that when they require pre-payment for a product still in the development phase, we are not simply consumers. At that point,we become investors.

As investors, asking for an accounting of where both they and we are at as far as receiving our product is not unreasonable. We should expect that.

I was not on the "pre-order" list, so I paid full price for mine. Therefore, there was no real benefit to me for putting my money up front, other than getting my product as soon as possible.

I can see nothing unreasonable about holding folks we have "invested" in responsible for an accurate and up-to-date accounting of where our funds are at in this endeavor.

That being said, I would like to express my appreciation for FBMG doing this and following through with the expectations for a quality product (sorely needed) at a reasonable price, and a pretty expedient timeframe of delivery.

JMHO,

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Well, since I received my four mag's yesterday, I suppose I can now "jump the fence" and start griping at those who are still bitchin'....JUST JOKING!!!!

However, although I greatly appreciate the efforts FBMG have made to do this, I don't think it can be ignored that when they require pre-payment for a product still in the development phase, we are not simply consumers. At that point,we become investors.

As investors, asking for an accounting of where both they and we are at as far as receiving our product is not unreasonable. We should expect that.

I was not on the "pre-order" list, so I paid full price for mine. Therefore, there was no real benefit to me for putting my money up front, other than getting my product as soon as possible.

I can see nothing unreasonable about holding folks we have "invested" in responsible for an accurate and up-to-date accounting of where our funds are at in this endeavor.

That being said, I would like to express my appreciation for FBMG doing this and following through with the expectations for a quality product (sorely needed) at a reasonable price, and a pretty expedient timeframe of delivery.

JMHO,

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

All Larry had to do was get off of his fat ass when he was made aware of the problem and taken the "overlooked" orders to the Post Office and mailed them instead of waiting until his whole truck was full of everyone's orders. Nearly everyone I have ever dealt with in business would have at least done that and most would have sent them overnight or second day on top of that. FBMG is obviously too cheap to provide a decent level of customer service.

I also couldn't help but notice that both of the FBMG reps(as well as most of their brown-nosing supporters) who had no problem shilling their mags here on the pre-order deal and were more than happy to take our money well in advance of even having a mold made, aren't even contributors to this board... another testament to the cheapness of FBMG.

It's funny how FMBG was the only company in the world...ever...to successfully develop and market 20 round Saiga mags for the US market.

It's very sad how people that 'dare to do great things' are attacked simply because they are successful.

The complaints, criticizing, whining, sniveling and abuse are from inferiors that never have and probably never will do anything even close to what FBMG has done. That's the real story.

The real story in a word?

ENVY

That's what's really goin' on.

Damning FBMG for their success. Pitiful.

Knitpicking here and there in an attempt to obscure the big picture which is that FBMG has a rousing success on their hands. They did something no one else has.

It's all about attempting to take away credit from where credit it due. Pathetic.

Notice the level of hatred? Notice the amount vitriol? Waaay over the top. Such over-reaction is completely uncalled for and obviously indicative of something else.

It's a sure sign of envy and jealousy of petty do-nothings. Those that hate others that have the guts, brains and talent to do what the snivelers are too lazy and cowardly to do themselves. So they attack others.

All I have to say is:

CONGRATULATIONS FBMG!

You did something that no one else in the world has done.

Edited by Oswald2001
It's funny how FMBG was the only company in the world...ever...to successfully develop and market 20 round Saiga mags for the US market.

It's very sad how people that 'dare to do great things' are attacked simply because they are successful.

The complaints, criticizing, whining, sniveling and abuse are from inferiors that never have and probably never will do anything even close to what FBMG has done. That's the real story.

ENVY

Knitpicking here and there in an attempt to obscure the big picture which is that FBMG has a rousing success on their hands. They did something no one else has.

It's all about attempting to take away credit where credit it due. Pathetic.

Notice the hatred? Notice the vitriol? It's more than a bit overdone.

It's a sure sign of envy and jealousy of petty do-nothings. Those that hate others that have the guts, brains and talent to do what the snivelers are too lazy and cowardly to do themselves. So they attack others.

No one damned FBMG for their success you blithering idiot. We are damning them for their inattention to the individuals that helped bankroll their venture by paying for their mags well in advance. It's a matter of principle that you obviously can't comprehend. You got yours and that's all you care about and you can fuck off right along with FBMG. did you have the foresight and vision to invest your money in advance in this project? Or did you just place your order last week and get your goods a few days later? Your hatred and vitriol is a bit overdone... wonder where it comes from. How did I wrong you that you would make such statements about me? All you need to do is not stick your nose where it doesn't belong. You have no dog in this fight so why involve yourself? You're just a nosy busy-body with no life interjecting yourself in a situation that has nothing to do with you or your money. Piss off loser.

Edited by DaGroaner

Oswald, you onlyjoined this board two full months after we ordered our mags. In your two extremely weak minded recent posts you have slammed anyone who had any issue with anything to do with FBMG. Clearly you have not follwed this from the beginning or are in fact, an incredibly huge suck-up who will do anything to ingratiate himself with a gun company. You also mention a board member being "great case for gun control" - that's disturbing even to joke about. When you lump in all people who have any issues whatsoever -i.e. "complaints, criticizing, whining, sniveling and abuse are from inferiors" - you further demonstrate you don't have any idea what's been going on! I take exception to your mass critique.

ENVY

It's all about attempting to take away credit from where credit it due. Pathetic.

Notice the level of hatred? Notice the amount vitriol? Waaay over the top. Such over-reaction is completely uncalled for and obviously indicative of something else.

All I have to say is:

CONGRATULATIONS FBMG!

You did something that no one else in the world has done.

There is one thing you overlooked, Mr Bootlick - The example set by AGP and their production of the 10 round S-12 mags. They did the exact same thing as FBMG (Make a product that no one else is making, went into debt to make it happen, sought pre-orders from investors, had their R&D challenges), but made S-12 mags instead. Many of us who have been slighted in this transaction NEVER had anything but praise for the AGP effort. Hell - I don't think I've see or heard of a single complaint, other than those about profiteer's reselling their mags on Egay at inflated prices. Nothing but praise for the company, their product and their attention to detail.

The difference? They took care of their customers in a fair and timely manner with lots of communication. Oh, I am sure there were problems, but I haven't heard about it. At least an entire group of early investors was not simply forgotten about or "lost in the mix".

So, ya see - It's not about envy, as you so shortsightly put it. It boils down to simple customer service.

Edited by macbeau
All Larry had to do was get off of his fat ass when he was made aware of the problem and taken the "overlooked" orders to the Post Office and mailed them instead of waiting until his whole truck was full of everyone's orders.

When I became aware of the problem, I had no complete mags to ship. As soon as more parts (in this case, retainers) came in, we built all of them, and sent them all at the same time. Less than 48 hours passed between when the parts arrived, and when they went out.

And I'm not fat.

Nothing I do, or say, at this point will make any difference.

Those of you who ordered on the preorder got a 27% discount off the regular price, so you did get something for ordering early. Everyone involved should have their mags in the next couple of days.

What's done is done. You hate my guts, you despise my company, and think that we're the devil. Fine. I'm tired of getting yelled at. I'm just glad your stuff is on the way.

Have a merry Christmas.

I have been nowhere near any of this magazine business. I have zero affiliation with FBMG or AGP. But I had a hi-cap S-308 before they did. :P

That was humor. What they pulled off is incredible. What I might humbly contribute, without much opinion injected, is a comparison:

I won't take money for a product never made. What I take money for up front are things that have already been developed and just need to be produced for the order. This is because I know my limitations and require a level of flexibility in R&D and production schedule that a pre-order does not allow.

The up-side of this is that you won't run into a situation like this, where buyers have such a great deal of money invested into this and a mistake can end up treating them unfairly.

The down-side of this is that I have yet to sell a single high-cap magazine solution. The closest I did was sell furniture and modified FCGs that allowed hi-cap mags to be used with adequate US compliance parts. The G3 mag adaptor isn't dead. It's just a couple years behind schedule.

In short, you have tradeoffs. Just recognize both sides of the coin.

Discuss FBMG as you like. I and others will take note.