H.R.1022 revised. More dangerous now!

"Rudy" is very anti-gun. I don't trust him at all concerning any 2nd Amendment topic. His track record proved that to me. Just google his anti gun stance.

Take my 2nd Amendment and force training and licensing (which I'm sure has a price tag to it)? No thanks. Having been in the Marines for a time should exclude me from any such nonsense gun grabbing compromises. I'd rather he'd just say "Thanks" and know I respect law and mean people no harm.

Sure, he was there for 9-11. Not going to make the post about that at all though (far too off topic). I don't trust nor like his stance on many issues -especially guns. I doubt he'd even take his eyes off the current "poll" to consider a veto of any gun ban.

Ron Paul on the other hand...

Great speech from Feb 5th 2007 and June 26, 2006. More or less though, I have no worries that gun control would ever come from his desk.

No offense to any of course. Some might be "Hillary" fans out there. Not my place to promote like this....but just saying, as far as pro-gun is concerned, best choice from what I've seen out there. Hopefully we'll see some of the debates with him scheduled.

~S

Barack Obama on gun gun control.

http://ontheissues.org/Celeb/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

Now I'm starting to understand.....People don't kill people...Revolvers don't kill people....IT'S THOSE DAMN SEMI-AUTO PISTOLS THAT KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!

-Soon, when we all accept that logic, we will be one step closer to utopia.......

Totally tongue-in-cheek.....

guido2 in Houston

The firefighters union has a real problem with Rudy Guliani. They posted their letter to their members on Fox news. After reading through it I have to say I was appalled in the way he directed the cleanup.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257901,00.html

I wouldn't vote for him.

I think what we need to do is vote a Libertarian into Congress.

Here's their stance on gun control (from the same site that had Obama's stance):

Libertarian Party on Gun Control

Repeal all gun control laws and regulation of weapons

We affirm the right to keep and bear arms and oppose all laws restricting the ownership, manufacture, or sale of firearms. We oppose all laws requiring registration of firearms or ammunition. We support repeal of all gun control laws and we demand the immediate abolition of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. We favor the repeal of laws banning the concealment of weapons or prohibiting pocket weapons. We also oppose the banning of inexpensive handguns and semi-automatic weapons.

Again, just my two cents. In the meantime I guess I'll fire off another email to my rep.

...And I have no respect for Obama either. He "caters" too much. Plays too many cards. His record stands for itself though -wolf in sheeps clothing there.

my 2 cents.

Everytime I hear about how we have to be "sennnnnnnnsitive" understanding why some deranged nutjob did a drive-by (in self-defense of course)

...makes me sick.

Everytime I hear about how we have to be "sennnnnnnnsitive" understanding why some deranged nutjob did a drive-by (in self-defense of course)

...makes me sick.

I dunno...I consider myself a sensitive guy.

I'm sensitive to recoil.

These laws are supposed to deter crime but what they really end up becoming is just another charge on a rap sheet to be tacked on after the crime. I would rather prevent the crime from happening in the first place...by defending myself or my family with whatever means at hand.

Not all surprized by this.

Everyone had to vote out republicans because of the iraq war. Now we will sacrafice our freedoms for a false sence of security. Alot of people seem to think that criminals will follow gun laws. I pray it doesn't happen, but I forsee a day where a ban on guns will lead to a situation simular to the proabition. It will force law abiding citizens to become criminals because they will refuse to follow an unjust and stupid law. If it comes to that I will not give up one of my guns. Not one! Lets not let it get to that point. Do something! call your reps, sign petitions, Vote out the people who may take your rights. Doing nothing is a sure way to lose your rights. Remind those that even if there is a granfather clause, what about their children. Do they want to loose that part of our heritage. Remind them that this country was founded by armed citizens who stood up for what they believe in.

...And I have no respect for Obama either. He "caters" too much. Plays too many cards. His record stands for itself though -wolf in sheeps clothing there.

my 2 cents.

He just might be Islam's Manchurian Candidate.

Just one more reason why I took delivery of an M4 today and have a Saiga on order from Tony.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws and the government will have guns. Whoops. I just repeated myself!

Edited by DUTCH VanATL
I cant belive someone from Tx is co sposoring this POS. The rest of the list does not surprise me.

Hello, AKOK

Shiela Jackson-Lee is a displaced New Yorker. Hope that is illuminating.....She was also recorded on national news asking the head of NASA during a ribbon-cutting ceremony for an unmanned Mars Explorer project if "they were going to retrieve the flag they left up there years ago"........The NASA dude just got this dumbfounded look on his face, he didn't want to embarrass her, since she was on the appropriations commitee for NASA.

-....Uuuhhhh, Shiela, I believe that is the MOON you are describing.....Moon, Mars, same difference.....As long as you keep your seat on the appropriations commitee, you don't have to really keep track of all those confusing planets and shit...

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston (no, she's not my rep!!!)

Go to my signiture line and write your reps.We have a fight to wage against certain government officials,the time is now! And it wont get easyer.Let them know how you stand for our rights as American citizens.If you cant take 20 minutes of your time to at least do this,then what the hell are you doing on this forum :angry:

Did you know that some .22 cal rifles would fall under this as being "assault weapons". I believe it was Mitchel that put out a bunch of look-a-like 22's that looked like AR's and Ak's. Not only that but the "forward grip" part of the description of what an "assault weapon" is would also get some old 1960 era Mossberg rifles.

I grew up shooting my dad's .22 that was a Mossberg. About a third of the forearm closest to the end of the barrel was made out of plastic and could fold down to be a forward grip. I can't remember what the model number is, otherwise I would post it so that people could look it up.

Edited by Shootin's Fun
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022

(Edited to remove evidence of my stupidity.)

If this doesn't make you write your congresscritters about H.R.1022 then I don't know how much of your freedom you have to lose before you wake up.

"Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

i'm new today to this forum... and don't get legal jargin... but is this telling me i can't have my glock, ranch rifle, or saiga-12 and that in fact england took over again and after 200 years the constitution is no longer in effect?

The firefighters union has a real problem with Rudy Guliani. They posted their letter to their members on Fox news. After reading through it I have to say I was appalled in the way he directed the cleanup.

I wouldn't vote for him.

I think what we need to do is vote a Libertarian into Congress.

Here's their stance on gun control (from the same site that had Obama's stance):

You don't actually believe that's his stance, do you?[/b

Libertarian Party on Gun Control

Repeal all gun control laws and regulation of weapons

We affirm the right to keep and bear arms and oppose all laws restricting the ownership, manufacture, or sale of firearms. We oppose all laws requiring registration of firearms or ammunition. We support repeal of all gun control laws and we demand the immediate abolition of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. We favor the repeal of laws banning the concealment of weapons or prohibiting pocket weapons. We also oppose the banning of inexpensive handguns and semi-automatic weapons.

Again, just my two cents. In the meantime I guess I'll fire off another email to my rep.