Seems to me that if this passes, the fine citizens of illinois will have a very tough choice to make regarding how to handle these people.

Of course on a public forum I wouldn't advocate anything but total compliance.

Godspeed, guys.

Sounds like Senator Jones has spent too much time in San Francisco :rolleyes: If they make it through it may take an appeal and injunction by an Appellate Court to stop it. I'd suggest contacting the NRA to see what they suggest.

Edited by KySoldier

Scarry indeed!!! wake up people.. what can we as out of staters do to help w/local laws in another jurisdiction other than contact our reps?? im new to all this stuff

That law sound a bit harsh. Look at Kalifornia people: a true $hit hole on the brink of geological catastrophy. Not a place to emulate. I hope at some point the regulators realize: GUN BAN= Political suicede. Making a law abiding citizen an instant felon for practicing freedom sounds like a war on the people to me. :killer:

hold your hats Illinois politicians you got a major shit storm on the horizon.

They make gun owners felons while crime runs rampant in the gun free states of California, Massachusetts, Illinois and New York. Trouble for the decent gun owner is that anti gun judges will throw the book at gun owners while rapists and convenience store robbers will go out the revolving door of the 'justice' system. Activist judges are another threat to our freedom once these Nazi like laws are passed.

These legislators intentionally ignore what happened in England once guns were banned. Now the threat of hot burglaries has increased and London is one of the most dangerous cities with the increase of crime. Any home owners who defend themselves will be punished worse than the perpetrators.

uzitiger: I know you were being sarcastic when you used the phrase: "Justice System." We all know it's not about justice. "Law" and "Justice" seldom cross paths. So much the worse for both. I just needed to say it. I'm not arguing with you, or anyone else. ... just expressing frustration. Even more frustrating is the apathy of gun owners in IL. Not only do they segregate themselves - "hunters" (shotgun/black-powder) and "other" (militaria collectors, competitors, etc.) - they look at our task and see it as insurmountable. There seems to be a collective feeling that "our votes don't matter." Many even think that their representatives won't help them. The greatest evil here, in my oppinion, is loss of faith in democracy.

I've been wrestling with a monster of a moral quandry on this one - as I'm sure many of us have. Wish us all luck.

So is Springfield Armory.

I've talked to reps from all of them at local gun shows. I even tore apart Armalite's bid for the Army's next Designated Marksman Rifle. I also handled their new pistol - the one that went through their endurance test. The trigger smoothed out considerably after several thousand cycles.

IL is cutting it's own throat.

....I'd like to say "surely this won't ever pass", but it is Illinois......... There's a different midset downstate from Chicago, but the POWER stems from Daley's junta, and we all know his agenda.........

My problem is driving my wife to visit her mother in Kenosha, Wisconsin........I'm thinking I'll have to drive through Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota, just to get to the west edge of Wisconsin......and then drive all the way across to the far southeast corner............... WITHOUT ENTERING ILLINOIS AT ALL !!! On a normal trip, I'd be eligible for three life sentences.......................

(Bird, this may foul up our shooting trip to Bristol if this goes through..............., and you might want to think about moving on up Rand Road across the line.....)

Hi Jeaux,

I been in Illinois a looong time ---------- It ain't over till the fat lady sings :devil: Then again -- I DO got a CCW that is good in Missouri !!!!!!!!!!

Pray for the best --- prepare for the worst,

GF aka Bird

Ps ---- we can still go to Bristol --- some of my best pards live near there and would keep my "illeagles" untill I could make other plans.

I'll tell you to exercise your rights as they were intended......................or forfeit them.

They also trying to make expressing that opinion a "crime" because they can't have one without the other.

Well as the text of the 2nd Amendment says :

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

It is quite clear that the reference to the right implies that it exists regardless of it's mention, and that the article simply emphasizes that the right of the people "shall not be infringed".

Furthermore, the 2nd was written with the idea that "the people" would be supplying their own weapons when called to duty in "the militia." Sounds like the best argument there is for bayonet lugs, rifle-grenade launchers, high-capacity magazines... I mean, the militia should be equipped with weapons appropriate to military use, right?

Preaching to the choir, I know...