Does the R stand for rimmed? :D

2 observations:

-4 may be a little difficult to enforce, anyone else feel the same?

-This needs to be stickied, if not already, in the forum rules and for sale secton.

Good rules.

Having bought and sold on message boards, i think the "PM Sent" rule will cause some problems.

This is becuse many times there may be some questions regarding the specific model, condition, etc. of the item. People post "PM Sent" and will ask, "Is this the model 109?" in the PM. This does not show intent to purchase, merely clearing up some confusion.

then #2 guys says, "I'll take it".

#1 guy says, "Well, i PMed him first".

And so begins the drama.

My humble suggestion is that the first "I'll take it, PM sent" be a rule to prevent anymore drama.

Regards,

Caspian

Does the R stand for rimmed? :D

2 observations:

-4 may be a little difficult to enforce, anyone else feel the same?

-This needs to be stickied, if not already, in the forum rules and for sale secton.

Good rules.

R= ribbed for her...oops! No it means REPEAT

Caspian it says first response get priority whether it's I'll take it or PM sent. If the seller gets a PM saying they want it under a circumstance and they reach an agreement, the seller should then post "Sold pending" whatever...

If they don't do the transaction then the next in line gets it.

My experience on other boards is that this is not as much of a problem if you think about this as a community of friends looking to share with each other. If all you want to do is unload stuff and you don't care who to, #4 could be a problem.

If someone says PM sent and has some questions, I think they should have a reasonable chance to have their questions answered before taking it. "Is this a 109?" is a reasonable question to ask before making a decsision. You can always tell the second "PM SENT I'LL TAKE IT..." that "another member has shown interest first and if they don't take it, its yours." Then go back and ask the first PM'er "another member wants it but you have first shot, yes or no?" and give them 24 hours to decide.

Like I said, if you think about this as a community of friends its the nice/right thing to do. But if you just want it sold as fast as possible, well then gunbroker might be better!?

Just my opinion that #4 is a good idea.

What I am really surprised is NOT there is that you need to have x number of posts to sell something. I bet that was discussed and I don't know how you determine what is a legitimate number or not so maybe #1 is the best way of dealing with that.

THANKS admins!

-Scott

Having bought and sold on message boards, i think the "PM Sent" rule will cause some problems.

This is becuse many times there may be some questions regarding the specific model, condition, etc. of the item. People post "PM Sent" and will ask, "Is this the model 109?" in the PM. This does not show intent to purchase, merely clearing up some confusion.

then #2 guys says, "I'll take it".

#1 guy says, "Well, i PMed him first".

And so begins the drama.

My humble suggestion is that the first "I'll take it, PM sent" be a rule to prevent anymore drama.

Regards,

Caspian

Think the notion of some form of commitment to the forum in order to sell something can occur in a couple of ways: either by a certain minimum number of posts, or by becoming a contributor. So the rules as stated would seem to fit the criteria.

For some reason, I can't edit my previous post . . . let me clarify . . .

At first I was a little leary that I had to be a contributor to post, but then I saw how inexpensive it was . . . then I was ashamed that I hadn't contributed before now.

As for #2: I've sold a bunch of stuff here that was cross posted one other boards w/o issue. However, "cross-posting notification" is reasonable.

As for #4: As a seller, I have had issues with folks who PM or email to ask a question, get their question answered, and then never respond back --either they lost interest or are only online once a month. I tend to really like the feature of some boards (AKFiles for example) and email, where there is a "PM receipt" function. When this function is available, I typically say "I'll hold the item for you until I see the receipt for this message". Really helps to cure the "lost interest" issue. For the "not on-line regularly" issue, I usually hold for 24-48 hours, which is a poor solution. What sort of solution do the mods suggest for the second issue.

Larry

the notion of certain number of posts before you can post in the for sale section was discussed a bit, actually, and we determined that we would see a large amount of junk posting from new users to get in there to post in that section.

as for the issues with #4 - well, we are expecting to have some bugs to work out in the rules. keep the ideas coming guys, and thanks.