A high school student got suspended for "dark, depressing, violent and disturbing" essay. Here we go now. Police claimes that "there were no specific threats to himself or others, only a disturbing symbolism", and yet he gets suspended. Can we please stop now the feminisation of our society and education? Can we please get real, and get in touch not with paragraphs, regulations and bureacracy and CYA, but with the reality of life?

Violence sells, violence is sold on tv, in the movies, in comic books, in theatre and yes, it is in classical literature too. It has been so since Ancient Greece and Rome. Why do we need to arrest and handcuff a kid who wrote what is in his heart? What does he learn now? He learns that: There is NO freedom of speech and freedom of expression. That the School and State system were all too happy and ready to come down on him hardcore.

He will NOT any longer believe in this country and in its values, since, he has been shown that they are just word, and the reality is thought police and police state. If he has any issues, they will be suppressed even deeper, where they can fester. If he has no issues, and just was imitating an established writer (Steven King), or a musician (King Diamond, Slayer, Amorphis), then he gets his creativity stamped.

If he gets forced to go into treatment, he will not get a treatment with a social worker, that costs money to the state, he will be given Prozac or Zoloft, which will increase his chances of doing something to yourself.

What does this accomplish? Nothing. The state and system just shown its true face to a rather unformed person. It will be no surprise if that youth, in future grows despising the system.

This is NOT protecting "democracy" this is not "protecting lives", what it is is a sheer oppression of individual's freedom of expression and speech. Cant you see it?. An oppression with the like of which we didn't have to deal even back in the USSR. We had a case like that in my school. School number 102 in Kiev. A kid was bullied by everyone, he retreated into his own world, and was writing rather violent and disturbing essays.

He was reached out to not only by the teachers and Pioneer organization. He was also reached out to by "more sober thinking kids", after the teachers and yes, our Party representative, have asked us to "take him under our wing". We did. Me including. There was nothing wrong with the kid. He was just shy and not physically strong. He joined several free activity classes: Young Naturalist Group, Young writers Group. Young Engineers group, and he found people there who accepted him, once they learned that he is smart, knowledgable and open. Nobody needed to be suspended. Nobody needed to be handcuffed. Just some human understanding and reaching out. That was the only thing needed.

I write. I write action stories. There is violence in them. I write war stories. There are violence in them. I write horror stories. There is violence in them. Should I be suspended from school and or work and taken away in handcuffs?

AMERICA!!! TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

link?

edit: found it here http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...ll=chi-news-hed

he wasnt suspended.. he was ARRESTED! <_<<_<<_<

oh, and as for "AMERICA!!! TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHAT IS GOING ON!!!"

don't think this will stand for more than two days. we have a press that doesn't get thrown out of windows for raising a fuss. :haha:

Edited by 44rdv4rk
link?

edit: found it here http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...ll=chi-news-hed

he wasnt suspended.. he was ARRESTED! <_<<_<<_<

oh, and as for "AMERICA!!! TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHAT IS GOING ON!!!"

don't think this will stand for more than two days. we have a press that doesn't get thrown out of windows for raising a fuss. :haha:

Thank you for your reply. I just do not think that it is right, don't think so AT ALL. I hope that all is correct and that the kid will be released and suspension revoked. Today on the Radio 850AM Air America they said that he was arrested and suspended. However, scare tactics is a very bad way to insure that a person grows up stable and having faith in his country and respect for it. People are rather vengeful species.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a bad thing to arrest someone for writing. No argument here.

I understand caution, after the recent shooting, but caution must be tempered with reason.

If writing that upset teachers was a criminal offense, Id bet many of us here would have been nabbed long ago.

hell, I used to write assignments DELIBERATELY to get a rise out of a teacher. It helped with boredom, and I was usually only dropped to a B+ for messing with them.

Edit: And as I said before, I predict a public apology and charges dropped for the kid.

We haven't slipped THAT far yet.

Edited by 44rdv4rk
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...ll=chi-news-hed

he wasnt suspended.. he was ARRESTED! <_<<_<

to quote RatM: "the land of the free? whomever told you that is your enemy." ;)

anyhow, a good talk with the school counselor, and perhaps a psych consult: why not?

an arrest and 30 day jail charge? are you out of your freaking mind?

if the cops have to arrest the writers of all violent screenplays, theatre pieces, operas, essays, etc then i doubt that there'd be anyone left free in Hollywood :P

sjeezes... such bullshit scaretactics...

yup, scare tactics. According to the article, "teachers reminded students that if they read something that posed a threat to self or others, the school could take action". Sounds like the kid intentionally wrote just below that to be provocative.

Should he be questioned, referred to the counselor, psych evaled, etc.? Sure, it's what he wanted by being flagrantly provocative.

Should he be arrested, expelled, etc.? Of course not, he was just courting the line, he didn't cross it.

I always knew poetry was dangerous:

Culture of Fear: Poetry Professor Becomes Terror Suspect

By Kazim Ali, New America Media. Posted April 24, 2007.

A poetry professor in a small college in the Northeast decides to recycle old manuscripts and becomes an object of suspicion. On April 19, after a day of teaching classes at Shippensburg University in Pennsylvania, I went out to my car and grabbed a box of old poetry manuscripts from the front seat of my little white Beetle, carried it across the street and put it next to the trashcan outside Wright Hall. The poems were from poetry contests I had been judging and the box was heavy. I had previously left my recycling boxes there and they were always picked up and taken away by the trash department.

A young man from ROTC was watching me as I got into my car and drove away. I thought he was looking at my car, which has black flower decals and sometimes inspires strange looks. I later discovered that I, in my dark skin, am sometimes not even a person to the people who look at me. Instead, in spite of my peacefulness, my committed opposition to all aggression and war, I am a threat by my very existence, a threat just living in the world as a Muslim body.

Upon my departure, he called the local police department and told them a man of Middle Eastern descent driving a heavily decaled white Beetle with out of state plates and no campus parking sticker had just placed a box next to the trash can. My car has NY plates, but he got the rest of it wrong. I have two stickers on my car. One is my highly visible faculty parking sticker and the other, which I just don't have the heart to take off these days, says, "Kerry/Edwards: For a Stronger America."

Because of my recycling, the bomb squad came, then the state police. Because of my recycling, buildings were evacuated, classes were canceled, the campus was closed. No. Not because of my recycling. Because of my dark body. No. Not even that. Because of his fear. Because of the way he saw me. Because of the culture of fear, mistrust, hatred and suspicion that is carefully cultivated in the media, by the government, by people who claim to want to keep us "safe."

These are the days of orange alerts, school lock-downs, and endless war. We are preparing for it, training for it, looking for it, and so, of course, in the most innocuous instances -- a professor wanting to hurry home, hefting his box of discarded poetry -- we find it.

That man in the parking lot didn't even see me. He saw my darkness. He saw my Middle Eastern descent. This is ironic because though my grandfathers came from Egypt, I am Indian, a South Asian, and could never be mistaken for a Middle Eastern man by anyone who had ever met one.

One of my colleagues was in the gathering crowd, trying to figure out what had happened. She heard my description -- a Middle Eastern man driving a white Beetle with out of state plates -- and knew immediately they were talking about me and realized that the box must have been manuscripts I was discarding. She approached them and told them I was a professor on the faculty there. Immediately the campus police officer said, "What country is he from?"

"What country is he from?!" she yelled, indignant.

"Ma'am, you are associated with the suspect. You need to step away and lower your voice," he told her.

At some length, several of my faculty colleagues were able to get through to the police and get me on a cell phone where I explained to the university president and then to the state police that the box contained old poetry manuscripts that needed to be recycled. The police officer told me that in the current climate I needed to be more careful about how I behaved. "When I recycle?" I asked.

The university president appreciated my distress about the situation but denied that the call had anything to do with my race or ethnic background. The spokesperson of the university called it an "honest mistake," not referring to the young man from ROTC giving in to his worst instincts and calling the police but referring to me who made the mistake of being dark-skinned and putting my recycling next to the trashcan.

The university's bizarrely minimal statement lets everyone know that the "suspicious package" beside the trashcan ended up being, indeed, trash. It goes on to say, "We appreciate your cooperation during the incident and remind everyone that safety is a joint effort by all members of the campus community."

What does that community mean to me, a person who has to walk by the ROTC offices every day on my way to my own office just down the hall -- who was watched, noted and reported, all in a day's work? Today, we gave in willingly and wholeheartedly to a culture of fear and blaming and profiling. It is deemed perfectly appropriate behavior to spy on one another and police one another and report on one another. Such behaviors exist most strongly in closed, undemocratic and fascist societies.

The university report does not mention the root cause of the alarm. That package became "suspicious" because of who was holding it, who put it down, who drove away. Me.

It was poetry, I kept insisting to the state policeman who was questioning me on the phone. It was poetry I was putting out to be recycled.

My body exists politically in a way I cannot prevent. For a moment today, without even knowing it, driving away from campus in my little Beetle, exhausted after a day of teaching, listening to Justin Timberlake on the radio, I ceased to be a person when a man I had never met looked straight through me and saw the violence in his own heart.

to be honnest, sometimes i wonder how much of all of this is planned (psychological operations, media manipulation etc) & how much is just due to sensation-hunting by modern media.

anyhow, if you're interested in this scare tactics thing, you might also want to check out Ulrich Beck's "Risk Society" theory.

I'm still trying to figure out how a homework assignment that had no direct threats, that only the teacher should have read is disorderly conduct. <_<

Arresting someone for his thoughts?????????? Wow! I thought the First Amendment meant something. Sure, get him to counseling if necessary, if he is a threat to himself o others because of mental disease or defect then have him committed, but to have him arrested! Where's the ACLU now?

I swore to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Looks like we got some domestic ones coming to the surface.

:chris:

DocV

I'm still trying to figure out how a homework assignment that had no direct threats, that only the teacher should have read is disorderly conduct. <_<

Arresting someone for his thoughts?????????? Wow! I thought the First Amendment meant something. Sure, get him to counseling if necessary, if he is a threat to himself o others because of mental disease or defect then have him committed, but to have him arrested! Where's the ACLU now?

I swore to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Looks like we got some domestic ones coming to the surface.

DocV

1. We don't have domestic enemies. We have people who want you to think what they want you to think, to watch each and every step you do. To go through you mail, electronic and otherwise. To oversee everything you do, without your knowledge and concent. If you refuse - you are not a patriot. Welcome to 1984, consumer

Arresting someone for his thoughts?????????? Wow! I thought the First Amendment meant something.

That a problem I find in so-called "hate crimes" laws. It punishes your thoughts and creates a special victim class that has more rights than other victims do for the same crime. I think I'd be more offended to be killed for my sneakers than because I'm a certain race. (Obviously, I'd be offended either way :D )

DocV

That's for sure!!

Today on the Radio 850AM Air America they said that he was arrested and suspended.

Tigerclaw, I agree with your point,but.....you've got to stop listening to Air America and the Al Franken crowd! :haha:

Uhh. I happen to like Al Franklen. I happen to like Randy Roudes. I happen to like Air America, and I sure as hell think Rush Limbaugh is a drugged up retard. When he said "Oil spills happen when earth core cracks under ocean, the same way that they happen when a tanker goes down. Oil spills are a totally natural phenomena and are of no danger to the environment because they occure naturally". I understood once and for all that the guy not only has no education and knolwedge, but that he is not only an idiot, but thinks that the people listening to him are so dumb, that that logic will work on them...

I told you before, that I am a Democrat. At least I agree with democrats on more issues then I agree with republicans. I agree with republicans on the following issues only: GUNS, STOP AFFIRMATIVE ACTION and TOTAL DEPORTATION AND BAN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

On all other issues I am with Democrats: Minimal Wage, Federal Health Care, Stopping Domestic Surveilance program, etc, etc, etc...

I think, it is perfectly legal for me to be a gun loving, democrat who is intolerant to illegal immirgants.:-)

Democrat also can love their guns

AK, AR, they all just for fun

...I think, it is perfectly legal for me to be a gun loving, democrat who is intolerant to illegal immirgants.:-)

shit, man, you're ALMOST a Libertarian!

[rant]

I agree with both parties on things too... I agree with the dem's on health care and killing babies. (no i won't argue that point, no matter what, because peoples mind's wont be changed and people will get pissed off)

I agree with the rep's on property taxes, dividend taxes, and most tennants of TRUE conservatism, the conservatism of small government and non-interference (NOT NEO-CON, and NOT RELIGIOUS CONSERVATISM)

Both parties are lacking in the war on terror (nobody has a good plan and quitting is NOT a plan), the war on drugs (c'mon people... think of the taxes saved if we didn't have to house and feed people convicted of non-dealing drug offenses), and firearms (whens the last time a major party member REALLY stuck up for our rights?).

oh, and legislating morality reminds me of Sharia law.

[/rant]

but, we're still forced to choose between the least of two evils... usually a non-choice.

yep, guys, I'm the asshole that voted for H. Ross Perot TWICE!

I always knew poetry was dangerous:

Culture of Fear: Poetry Professor Becomes Terror Suspect

By Kazim Ali, New America Media. Posted April 24, 2007.

A poetry professor in a small college in the Northeast decides to recycle old manuscripts and becomes an object of suspicion. On April 19, after a day of teaching classes at Shippensburg University in Pennsylvania, I went out to my car and grabbed a box of old poetry manuscripts from the front seat of my little white Beetle, carried it across the street and put it next to the trashcan outside Wright Hall. The poems were from poetry contests I had been judging and the box was heavy. I had previously left my recycling boxes there and they were always picked up and taken away by the trash department.

Hello, SuA et al:

To the best of my knowledge, there are no "radical Christian religious extremists" who have declared a God-justified "Holy war" against all people of Muslim faith or of Middle Eastern descent. Nor have any "Holy Warriors" made excursions into the Middle East to wage free-lance terrorist attacks on innocent civilians. Don't bother comparing a declared military effort waged against militia forces in compliance with established conventions of war, please.

If that were not the case, I would have greater sympathy for the above mentioned college professor. As it is, I really can't muster up much.

Which group of "innocents" are we to have more empathy with, those we relate to as fellow Americans, or those who are similar in faith and appearance as those who have declared and waged war against us as a group?

Bottom line is, when war is executed against civilians, especially guerilla terrorist war, there are going to be civilian casualities.

I commend the ROTC dude. Very heads-up. Too bad for the professor, maybe he needs to place a bit more blame on the Jihadist swine-sphincters who started this nonsense.

Unfortunately, I feel it's likely to get a lot worse before it gets better. Hope our offspring are able to toughen-up.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

The first ammendment is still the law of the land. The Principal and the Cheif of police/prosecuter need to find that out.

I hope the kid gets plenty from them. Enough to make these people THINK.

Today on the Radio 850AM Air America they said that he was arrested and suspended.

Tigerclaw, I agree with your point,but.....you've got to stop listening to Air America and the Al Franken crowd! :haha:

Uhh. I happen to like Al Franklen. On all other issues I am with Democrats: Minimal Wage, Federal Health Care, Stopping Domestic Surveilance program, etc, etc, etc...

I too support a minimal wage for Democrats. Also, Al Franklen is cool... it's that Al Franken guy you've got to worry about. ;)

Which group of "innocents" are we to have more empathy with, those we relate to as fellow Americans, or those who are similar in faith and appearance as those who have declared and waged war against us as a group?

similar in faith and appearance? that's what you use as characteristics? funny. a defender of the constitution, yet doesn't understand much of it appearantly... freedom of religion, equality of men and all that jazz. goes out the window pretty fast when things don't go entirely your way it seems.

it might come as a shock to you but most christians, muslims, boedhists, hindoes and atheists hold true to the same moral values. regardless of their skin color even...

I commend the ROTC dude. Very heads-up. Too bad for the professor, maybe he needs to place a bit more blame on the Jihadist swine-sphincters who started this nonsense.

yeah, reporting a indian guy (who looks nothing like an actual arab, and also happens to be a professor) for recycling, and driving a car with all required faculty stickers on it is really commendable. very heads up indeed.

Unfortunately, I feel it's likely to get a lot worse before it gets better. Hope our offspring are able to toughen-up.

funny, looks to me like the extremists already won. you're scared shitless and turning on eachother like a pack of rabid dogs...

...I think, it is perfectly legal for me to be a gun loving, democrat who is intolerant to illegal immirgants.:-)

shit, man, you're ALMOST a Libertarian!

[rant]

I agree with both parties on things too... I agree with the dem's on health care and killing babies. (no i won't argue that point, no matter what, because peoples mind's wont be changed and people will get pissed off)

I agree with the rep's on property taxes, dividend taxes, and most tennants of TRUE conservatism, the conservatism of small government and non-interference (NOT NEO-CON, and NOT RELIGIOUS CONSERVATISM)

Both parties are lacking in the war on terror (nobody has a good plan and quitting is NOT a plan), the war on drugs (c'mon people... think of the taxes saved if we didn't have to house and feed people convicted of non-dealing drug offenses), and firearms (whens the last time a major party member REALLY stuck up for our rights?).

oh, and legislating morality reminds me of Sharia law.

[/rant]

but, we're still forced to choose between the least of two evils... usually a non-choice.

yep, guys, I'm the asshole that voted for H. Ross Perot TWICE!

I don't agree with the Dems on much. Abortion? Yeah, I think a woman has a right to one. But it doesn't take 6 months to figure out if you want one or not. And I don't think it should be used as a form of birth control. No woman needs to have 10 of them.

Taxes? I kinda like to keep the money I earn.

Guns? You ain't gonna find too many Dems that think you have a right to own them.

GWOT? If Gore or Kerry had been elected, we would've been attacked again. Bush's done a hell of alot better than any Dem would've.

You have my respect (whether you want it or not). You're a free thinker. No party line crap.

Uhh. I happen to like Al Franklen. I happen to like Randy Roudes. I happen to like Air America, and I sure as hell think Rush Limbaugh is a drugged up retard. When he said "Oil spills happen when earth core cracks under ocean, the same way that they happen when a tanker goes down. Oil spills are a totally natural phenomena and are of no danger to the environment because they occure naturally". I understood once and for all that the guy not only has no education and knolwedge, but that he is not only an idiot, but thinks that the people listening to him are so dumb, that that logic will work on them...

I told you before, that I am a Democrat. At least I agree with democrats on more issues then I agree with republicans. I agree with republicans on the following issues only: GUNS, STOP AFFIRMATIVE ACTION and TOTAL DEPORTATION AND BAN ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

On all other issues I am with Democrats: Minimal Wage, Federal Health Care, Stopping Domestic Surveilance program, etc, etc, etc...

I think, it is perfectly legal for me to be a gun loving, democrat who is intolerant to illegal immirgants.:-)

Democrat also can love their guns

AK, AR, they all just for fun

Perfectly legal and perfectly acceptable. We all have opinions. But Al Franken is dumber than my cat and he's retarded. Randy Rhodes doesn't have the sense God gave a turnip. And you're probably the only one who listens to Air America. I haven't listened to Rush in years, but I think he's cool. And so do millions of his listeners.

As for miminmum wage, it doesn't help. The only people, for the most part that make minimum wage, are high school students. I was out of the work force for quite a few years raising my kids. When I went back, it wasn't hard at all to find a job where I make way more than minimum wage. Heck, my kids, when they were in high school, made more than minimum wage. You have to really try hard to earn that little. McDonald's and Burger King don't pay minimum wage. Takes a special kind of loser to earn that little.

similar in faith and appearance? that's what you use as characteristics? funny. a defender of the constitution, yet doesn't understand much of it appearantly... freedom of religion, equality of men and all that jazz. goes out the window pretty fast when things don't go entirely your way it seems.

it might come as a shock to you but most christians, muslims, boedhists, hindoes and atheists hold true to the same moral values. regardless of their skin color even...

yeah, reporting a indian guy (who looks nothing like an actual arab, and also happens to be a professor) for recycling, and driving a car with all required faculty stickers on it is really commendable. very heads up indeed.

funny, looks to me like the extremists already won. you're scared shitless and turning on eachother like a pack of rabid dogs...

Hello, SuA

In some respects you may be right.

That doesn't mean things should, or will, change. There is virtually nothing we, as Americans, can do to reverse the tide of hatred and declared violence (well, actually, elimination.....) that has been waged against us. I'm not about to start abusing my wife and pray to Islam to appease anybody, not that it would matter much.

It has nothing to do with turniing against each other. it has to do with a reaction caused by an action. The action is the real catalyst to the problem, not the reaction. Refusing to react will accomplish nothing but reinforce the notion that we are without 'nad's in our collective sacks.

It also has little to do with discussion. If a perceived threat to our families, livelihoods, or ways of life, we may not be happy about what has to be done, but that doesn't change much.

How would that ROTC cadet have felt if that "innocent" box exploded next to a loaded school bus, because he felt unsure about what he should have done? I daresay a hell of a lot worse than he may have felt for bringing suspicion on the innocent pacifist.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm not saying you're right, what I'm attempting to convey is that these decisions have been made by others. We, as Americans, have been declared "guilty" and war has been declared on us. It has nothing to do with "right" or "wrong". It has nothing to do with my opinion or yours, or even the college professor in question.

As far as I know, Sir, you are not in that boat, so to speak. I wish I were not, either. However, if there is another substantial attack on our soil by Jihadists, no amount of talk or reason in the world is going to prevent a lot of innocent bloodshed. It won't be "rabid hatred", it will be unbridled rage.

That's the American way.

"Better to deport the innocent, than watch our innocents murdered..."

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Tigerclaw X: Plese consider that the liberals HATE you because you own ANY gun. If you support them you are supporting people who want to put you in jail because you have a high cap mag, not even the gun that uses it. I know there are pro gun liberals but they are few and far between. I certainlly dont agree with the republicans on everything but consider that if we lose our gun rights we are then well on our way to becoming a third world country. Its the least of two evils.

Tigerclaw X: Plese consider that the liberals HATE you because you own ANY gun. If you support them you are supporting people who want to put you in jail because you have a high cap mag, not even the gun that uses it. I know there are pro gun liberals but they are few and far between. I certainlly dont agree with the republicans on everything but consider that if we lose our gun rights we are then well on our way to becoming a third world country. Its the least of two evils.

Ok, here we go again:

1) Pro Gun right. Pro gun RESPONCIBILITY.

2) Anti Corporation. Think that corporations should NOT be afforded the same rights as individuals, since they do not have the same RESPONCIBILITY as individual. Think they should be HEAVILY regulated by the government. "Deal with America" needs to be done again and again. Corporations have lost the responcibility to this country, to this constitution and to our people. THey must be held tighly in check with an iron fist in a silken glove. This is more important to me then many of the issues on that list. Corporations must be brought down, they will ultimately destroy American's spirit by turning us into a nation of Consumers, rather then a nation of self reliant CITIZENS.

3) Anti Religion. Religion breeds intolerance to those different. Total separation of religion and state. No provision for exceptions for ANY religion.

4) Pro Choice. It is a womans body. Everything else is irrelevant.

5) Pro federal healthcare. I am sick and tired of fighting with insurance companies to have them pay what they have to according to the policy. Oh, sure they pay, but only after I keep calling and fighting with them.

6) Pro Minimal Wage. Sure. $7 hour is above minimal wage in Illinois. Good luck trying to live on it in Illinois.

7) Anti Illigal Immigrant. For limiting legal immigration to those who have no criminal history and have at least high school.

8) Pro criminal control.

9) Pro ENVIRONMENT.

10) Pro Job security.

11) FOR cutting down military spendings and spending money on free education and social programs (not welfare).

12) ANti affirmative action and anti welfare. Let me have a United Cracker College fund and only then you will have your United Negro College fund. Let me have a White Pride Parade (Proud to be European descent), and only then you can have your Black pride parade. The key to Democracy is EQUALITY, not having some of us being more equal then others. America is getting pretty Orwellian for my comfort.

13) Pro election reform: limit the size of donations from corporations and individuals alike. Get rid of electorial college and go for DIRECT vote.

14) Anti two party system. GREEN PARTY 4 EVER!!! Worker party 4 Ever!! Christian Democrats Party 4 Ever!!! Bunch of parties 4 Ever.:-)

15) For sceptisicm and questioning authority and those in power. Create not an idol for yourself. You swear the alliance to the CONSTITUTION. Not to president, senate and congress and not to the corporations who are pulling all of the strings.

16) For responciblity. Lets stop demasculinization of our society. Lets stop the control of INDIVIDUALS on every and each level. Corporations SHOULD be controled on every and each level to insure such responciblity before the society and country.

17) ANTI political correctness. Pro freedom of speech

18) Anti Nazi. Any candidate who protects the right of neonazis to express their views gets me voting AGAINST him automatically, regardless of his stance on other issues. This applies to both, White Arian Resistance and Farrachans Nation of Islam, and all the nazi retards in between. Germany, once again, has a right idea. Propaganda of Nazism = automatic jail sentence.

19) Anti Gay. Keep it in the closet. You have a right to do what you want, but do not dare to shove it in my face. Let me have a straight pride parade, and only then you can have a gay pride parade

Now, if I can only find a party to fit ME? 19 points. On 11 points I stand with Democrats and the Green party.

Democrats may dislike me because I am PRO GUN and anti Afformative actions. Or maybe it is not democrats, but effeminate urbanites of undetermined gender who, regardless of the gender polish their nails. Neocons start foaming at the mouth because I am anti religion, anti war and anti corporation. I refuse to be limited by parties. I already was a member of the party, Communist party of Soviet Union. It let me down. Same way as Republicans let me down, by trying to watch my every move with their Domestic surveilance (now THAT is a violation of my rights as much as taking away my guns). Democrats are going after my guns. I saw to hell with them all. Lets face it. Our voices matter less (if any), then the corporate dollars for election campaign.

I vote for INDIVIDUALS, never for issues. I lived in Deerfield, I voted for Mark Kirk. Not because he is a Republican, but because he is a descent human being, for a politician...

I am also sick and tired of choosing the slimy lying rotten corrupted jackass (I am trying not to swear, it is not polite, so Jackass, is the nicest word I could find) that I hate the least. However, thats what you get for having only two parties.

At least I vote. Which is more then I can say for many Natural Born Americans. I dunno if it matters. Honestly. Does my vote matter if Alstate gave the opposing candidate 1000000 dead presidents??? I dunno.. However, now I can totally say "Don't Blame me. I voted for ####" And yes. I voted for Al Gore. I voted for Kerry. My cat would be better then Bush Jr. He is a nice, furry, gentle, affectionate Siberian Cat:-). Heck, I am Russian, so, in my home, everything that is important is Russian. From my wife, to my cat. Unfortunately, I buy guns on their merit and cost, not on their origin: therefore, I have Austrian (Glock31), Chech (Cz75, Cz52), Chinese (Norinco Hunter) and Russian (TT-33 and SVT-40) guns. In all honesty, the only US guns I forcee buying would be AR180B (Friend of mine has it a loves it), and Ruger P89 (loved the way it handled and shot. A great gun indeed). Next on my list of things to get are PTR-91, Galil, PPSh-41 and V-93. A US made copies of German, Russian and Israeli designed weapons... Yes. there is a reason why I bought Norinco Hunter. Heavy milled receiver, heavy target barrel 21inch long. Basically a chinese made Vepr. Of course, it has a monte carlo stock, rather then a pistol grip, however, I actually preffere a monte carlo stock to a pistol one. I am weird that way. Being a tall, long handed Georgian/Ukrainian mix, I actually preffere ergonomics of PTR-91 to those of an M1A:-) My gun owning friends make fun of me, saying that I have a tendency to preffere the most unfomfortable and ugly guns on the market:-)

Now, as far as Al Franklen and Randy Rhodes. Number one, their ratings are actually higher then Rush Limbaughs. Number two. I happen to listen to them not because they have their ratings, but because I AGREE WITH THEM more then I agree with Rush and other NeoCon puppets. I disagree with Randy Rhodes when she said that Israely attacked full force, while palestenians were firing a "Small rockets at them"... I call them on their bull offal as much as you do. To me, it is not with whom I agree 100%. I have not seen such party, except maybe some talks I had with some of my friends from "da hood". it is with whom I can agree MOST...

Yeah, yeah, Newt is right about the Immigrants. I may hate Newt Personally, however, I agree with him on that issue.

I have no loyalty to any party. I vote for the issues. Each of the issue varies to me in the order of importance. On scale of 1-5.

When I vote for candidate, I give him and his opponent a grade. Lets say One guy is anti abortion (-2 point), pro-religious (-2) point, but pro gun (+4 point). He gets 0 points in my gradebook. Two less important issues have cancelled out more important. I vote by a final talley. You can't win them all. I vote for the candidate which brings me the most points. Honestly, to me some rights are worth more then others. I may dislike religion.

However, my dislike of religion is much less then my hatred of corporations. I may be for abortions, but my support for abortions is much less then my support for guns. You can't win them al, the "Man" is trying to keep us all down. Trust me, it is not "White vs Colored", it is not "Neocons vs Lib" the real conflict is an eternal one "Have its" vs "Have it nots" To "da man" we all might as well be Negros. Regardless are we Black or are we Whites. Especially if we are whites from the South of Maxon-Dixie line. I dunno if you guys are aware of it,. but Feds are NOT done with South yet, from what I can see.

If we ain't making $100000 per household, we are offal to him.

So, when I vote, I am trying to minimize my losses and maximise my wins. Last time I checked, such stance is not illegal. Neither it is immoral, neither it is an offence to the US Constitution.

Any questions?

P.S. I do not mean to offend or inflame. If you, guys ask me honest questions, do not shy away from honest answers.

Remember, it is aid that "True words are not pretty. Pretty words are not true." You want the truth? We can talk. You want

some pretty, verbal dancing around and avoidance of direct answers? Talk to the people whom you elected in the office.

Here is an example. A candidate must say "I support the Right to bear arms". What he will NOT say is that he supports that right as long as it is limited by a double barrel shot gun of no more then 20 gauge, which can be loaded only with bean bags".

"I question all things before me. Before none of your idols I bow, and he who says to me "Thou shall" or "Thou shall not", will be my mortal foe."

Arresting someone for his thoughts?????????? Wow! I thought the First Amendment meant something.

That a problem I find in so-called "hate crimes" laws. It punishes your thoughts and creates a special victim class that has more rights than other victims do for the same crime. I think I'd be more offended to be killed for my sneakers than because I'm a certain race. (Obviously, I'd be offended either way :D )

DocV

That's for sure!!

WOW, USPride... I am shocked and appauled... WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!!! :eek:

This goes back to what I said about "some americans are more equal then others". If I get in a fistfight with a white guy and kick his ass - its a fistfight. If I get in a fistfight with a black dude and he kicks my ass - it is a fistfight. If I get in a fistfight with a latino dude and kick his ass - it is a hate crime... HUH???!!! WTH???

"1984" anyone????, "Animal Farm" anyone?

Now, having said that, let me affirm you that I stand for judging the folks by their MERIT and not by their skin. In fact, I have more black friends then white friends. However, that is rediculous.

Oh, BTW, do you know what is an Ancient Greek word for "pride"? It is HUBRIS. That means something. Pride, is probably the biggest flaw that one can have.:-)

Sorry, :devil: could NOT help myself :haha:

Edited by Tigerclaw_x

Jeezus H. Christ, do you people who post 3,000 word daily essays have any time to go check out to see if any new porn has been posted? :eek:

That old Styx song comes to mind here. "Too much time on my hands." At least that fucker had time to drink a beer. :P

Jeezus H. Christ, do you people who post 3,000 word daily essays have any time to go check out to see if any new porn has been posted? :eek:

That old Styx song comes to mind here. "Too much time on my hands." At least that fucker had time to drink a beer. :P

+1!

Tigerclaw X: You missed my point. We need to keep the country in one piece first. We can work on that other stuff. But if we lose our gun rights it leaves us open for a mess. The rest of the bill of rights will go out the window too. The liberals will say they support the Second but they mean their version: only the govt has the right to arms.