I've seen references to bump firing and videos of others doing it but how exactly does it work? I've had a look through past posts but can't find one that says what you actually do.

If it's already been posted, a link would be appreciated. If it hasn't can someone explain?

Assuming your right handed.

Stick your right thumb through the trigger guard in front of the trigger, now hook your thumb to your pants belt loop or corner of a pocket. With your left hand grab the front grip of the firearm and pull froward slowly but very firmly, when the firearm fires the recoil will push it back and reset the trigger before it contacts your thumb again.

It is easier with a light trigger like the tapco G2.

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/RangeBag/Vid...ire_Academy.avi

Edited by csspecs

Stick your right thumb through the trigger guard in front of the trigger, now hook your thumb to your pants belt loop or corner of a pocket. With your left hand grab the front grip of the firearm and pull froward slowly but very firmly, when the firearm fires the recoil will push it back and reset the trigger before it contacts your thumb again.

Many thanks, I'll try that this weekend!

Easiest way is pull the gun forward and lightly hold the back so that each time the gun goes off it moves forward into your trigger finger, then moves back but you are still pulling forward so it goes off again & again.

The best way I have found to do this is to use a forward pistol grip and practice from your shoulder since at least you can aim that way.

My Saiga 12 barely kicks at all. Recoil Buffer + Limbsaver slip on = light tap.

I've seen references to bump firing and videos of others doing it but how exactly does it work? I've had a look through past posts but can't find one that says what you actually do.

If it's already been posted, a link would be appreciated. If it hasn't can someone explain?

david doesn't have to answer to the ATF any way

Oh yeah, if you can't tell the above is a joke. The ATF has looked at bump firing a few times and since nothing changes in the gun and you add nothing but a funny way of holding it there is nothing wrong.

If you're going to bump fire, at least do it safely.

Doing it like this guy is not only unsafe for the shooter, but tremendously dangerous for those around him. What if his left hand should slip or somehow be removed from the firearm? Now you have your thumb, looped inside your belt loop, with a live firearm flopping around under your armpit.

Not wise.

If you want to bump, do it from the shoulder - NOT with your thumb in your beltloop!

Bumping from the shoulder takes time and practice. loosen your grip on the rifle, and using your shoulder... push the rifle forward into the trigger until it engages - allow the rifle to rock back and forth against your trigger finger. Voila! You are bump firing.

does a pretty good job of explaining the concept of the shoulder bump. He uses a rubber band to assist the trigger reset, but it can easily be done without one. A vertical foregrip on your weapon also makes it much easier.

Easiest bumpers: AKs and ARs with vertical foregrips, MACs, Any light 9mm carbine with a decent trigger - hell there's even a guy bumping a Saiga 12!

The point is: It just takes time. And practice. Oh yeah - and a shitload of money, considering ammo prices. :P

Have fun doing this, but DO IT SAFELY.

Every time you bump from the hip with your thumb, God kills a kitten. :(

Per ATFE. Bump firing is considered to be illegal. Ain't that some shit ? Seriously. Google it.

Oops! It came to my attention that It's not illegal. Come on! It takes a big man to admit they're wrong. Ban me if you must.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks, I'll try that this weekend!

Many thanks to all. I tried it yesterday at a practical shoot and it worked VERY WELL! (as I'm sure you already knew), 8 rounds downrange in however many seconds it took to empty the mag.

Created a bit of a stir especially as those that tried it with other weapons weren't able to get theirs to go. Only tried a couple of mags as the sound was very different and I didn't want any "visitors" asking who had the machine gun.

So many thanks for the advice.

Bump firing can be fun. So can shooting fireworks and a lot cheaper. If I am shooting at someone my desire is to hit them as accurately and quickly as possible. Personally, I relegate bump firing to the Fourth of July and such. For serious business I would not use it. JMO