All my cars and other cherished objects always seem to end up with names.

The wife's mini van is officially B.B. for brown bus. I secretly call it the turd mobile.

My pickup is squealer because it looks like something one of the hillbillies from deliverance would drive. I love the nasty thing because people in my hoity toity alpharetta area do not make eye contact or cut me off when I am driving it.

My mustang is molly.

My SKS is Vlad the impaler since it has the bayonet.

My Walther P1 is Kissy after a german girl I knew of.

My S12 is ugly Olga.

no names for the x39 or my s&w pistol yet.

Just curious if anyone else personalizes their stuff.

The wife's mini van is officially B.B. for brown bus. I secretly call it the turd mobile.

My pickup is squealer because it looks like something one of the hillbillies from deliverance would drive. I love the nasty thing because people in my hoity toity alpharetta area do not make eye contact or cut me off when I am driving it.

My mustang is molly.

My S12 is ugly Olga.

I named my stuff Big D... oh wait that's my junk. :lolol:

I name all my firearms after the disciples of Christ!! (Go figure).

Got the Idea from Stonewall Jackson as he did the same for his artillery batteries...

My mustang is molly.

My S12 is ugly Olga.

I had to think a bit before looking at this thread. I mean it is mostly guys......... :unsure:

My mustang is molly.

My S12 is ugly Olga.

I had to think a bit before looking at this thread. I mean it is mostly guys......... :unsure:

she does have a good point

my s12 is "the raging bitch"... "russian bitch"... or "alison"... the mother of 2 of my kids... and we live together

Edited by mccumber1916

Well a couple quick ones-

'89 Range Rover- 'the Valdez' for obvious reasons..

Glock 19- 'the devil's gun'--Ser# is ..666

Glock 24- "Glockenspiel"

Mosin Nagant- "Moist Nugget"

Benelli Nova- "super Nova'

Oh and Ahem...sorry RaceGal.... :blush: 'Blue Veined Diamond Cutter', 'Purple headed Warrior' or 'The Stormtrooper" :blush::angel::lolol::angel: --depends on who I am with i guess.. :eek:

I have to think of the others......usually come to me while engaged in doing something(cleaning,repair,etc) them

Edited by ThousandSon
I name all my firearms after the disciples of Christ!!

Oh dear. That means you have 12 or less. My condolences. Question is which one gets named Judas? (You could cheat by counting subsequent believers as disciples.)

Or if you just wanted to get around the Judas part, you could switch it to being the apostles. Then you could cheat by adopting the Roman Catholic view of the apostolic succession, if you aren't RC already.

I used to name my guns, got out of practice. But since I don't see guns as subjects of attraction, more like pets or buddies, I actually gave them guy's names that started with the same letter as the gun.

There was Timmy the 10-22, Mark the M1 Garand, Nelson the Norinco SKS, Steve the Savage 111, Yogi the Yugo SKS, and I forget the rest.

My old Packard Bell computer that I still use for some audio stuff - I named it Carlton, after Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince.

There were two Judases. JUDAS ISCARIOT (the one who betrayed Christ) I named my Chinese 12g pump

after. That Judas was "replaced" by Mathis (my '98 Mauser).

I have had to branch out into those notable names from the Pentecost (Paul, Barnabas ect.) as well as a few other from the old Testament... Gideon, David, ect..

Moses will be my new S12 when it is done.

Juggernaut I appreciate your devotion but if I was naming weapons after biblical characters I would definitely be going to the old testament. Plenty of bad ass warrior types in those books.

Joshua - lead the invasion of the promised land.

Sampson - slew Philistines with an ass jaw bone and took their clothes plus many other feats.

Damn I forget his name but one of the judges was elected to lead because he was a rough and tumble bandit. He made a rash promise to sacrifice the next person that crossed his door if he was victorous and ended up burning his own daughter at the stake.

Isiah or Eliza? He called on the lord to toast Jezebels priest with fireballs and lightning.

Then there was the assyrian leper general who Isiah cured that became devote and took holy land soil back so he could worship in it.

Saul was a mighty warrior and only got in trouble with the lord when he did not put rivals to the ban.

David was no slouch as a kid with a sling or a king with an army but his general (forget the name) slew his rival abner, killed absalom against david's orders and was put down by Solomon's hit man while holding the horns of the ark.

Goliath - not Hebrew and did not win but was a warrior to beat.

Actually all the intrique and drama of the judges and the kings is my favorite books of the bible just for the frank honesty and story telling.

Judith - seduced an assyrian general and cut his head off with his own sword.

She was unnamed but one woman beamed an enemy general crushing his skull with a jar dropped off the wall. Good aiming skill.

The Macabees were no slouches at war. They taught the greeks a lesson or two and they actually created a free kingdom for a hundred years or so before the romans smashed that.

I do not know if he was named but Jesus raised a centurion's daughter from the dead.

Barabas was certainly a man of action and a user of weapons.

Of the apostles Peter was probably the most volatile. Didn't he cut off a temple soldier's ear in the garden of Gestahame? Weren't the brothers named Sons of Thunder?

Firearms are descendents of the sword so I think if you are going to name them give them names from the bible use the men of war.

So are you gonna tell us what you call yours? :devil:

Uh, uh, I don't generally name my 'stuff'. My golf cart at work is called 'bitch'. My Blazer is 'baby' as in, come on baby, you can do it. It's a 94. Got a few miles on her. Called my Jeep the same thing. :)