8 Round Mags at RUSmilitary

Unless you saw something I didn't he wants $111.00 U.S. dollars for one magazine. Even including shipping it's still highway robbery when the 10 rounders are available at almost half the price! I have had no issues with the 10 rounders and I'll be damned before I'll shell out that kind of scratch for those mags. You'll also notice his supply of mags have been readily available since AGP has somewhat caught up with demand. He can sit on his stock of mags and screw as far as I'm concerned. Don't mean to sound pissy but the fact is those mags probably cost 1/16 of that price to produce in Russia and he's making a killing off of folks that will buy them at that price.

Don't forget that the EU VAT tax is not applicable to Americans so you get like 17.5% discount right off the top,

Please click on buy-online button to make secure payment. If you'd like to give more specific details about your order (size / colour etc.) please use Message box at the bottom of the Order page (all info has to be typed in, in the last 'items' bought' message box). IMPORTANT NOTE to all non-EU buyers.... all prices on this website will be reduced by 17.5% (VAT tax free) if you are based outside the European Union (USA, Canada, Australia, HK, Norway, Switzerland etc.)

Edited by topmaul
Unless you saw something I didn't he wants $111.00 U.S. dollars for one magazine. Even including shipping it's still highway robbery when the 10 rounders are available at almost half the price! I have had no issues with the 10 rounders and I'll be damned before I'll shell out that kind of scratch for those mags. You'll also notice his supply of mags have been readily available since AGP has somewhat caught up with demand. He can sit on his stock of mags and screw as far as I'm concerned. Don't mean to sound pissy but the fact is those mags probably cost 1/16 of that price to produce in Russia and he's making a killing off of folks that will buy them at that price.

The factory 8rders are a military quality mag unlike the AGP mags. They are molded as one peice and have a steel insert. The AGP mags are 2 peice and don't have a metal insert. There is such a demand for the 8rd mags (from the rest of the world) that you can bet Russia isn't giving them away to anybody. Oleg HAS NOT had a steady supply of them since AGP's mags came out. The Russian's don't even supply him with all he would like to have. If they did he would have a steady supply of them and the .410 10rd mags at all time. He has been out for months. He just now got these in and bet they will go fast. He sells out of them very quickly and I would say these will go equally as fast. Also I'm sure the UK has there own import tax on them to bump up his investment cost as well. And one more big thing is, you can't find them any cheaper anywhere else. Also, not taking away from the AGP mags or anything, it just is what it is.

The price shown is 56 UK, thats 77.00 USD as per the currency converter. The prices under the mag section are old and havent been changed in some time. The demand from the USA has probably decresed due the the AGP mags here.

Edited by ironhead7544
The price shown is 56 UK, thats 77.00 USD as per the currency converter. The prices under the mag section are old and havent been changed in some time. The demand from the USA has probably decresed due the the AGP mags here.

Live rates at 2007.07.22 12:43:33 UTC

56.00 GBP = 115.175 USD

United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars

1 GBP = 2.05670 USD 1 USD = 0.486215 GBP

Don't forget to subtract the VAT tax from your price. It's a little un-fair not to do that. Oleg has always been fair to me and come through with what ever I ordered. No one likes the prices being so high on magazines I used to just buy one at a time as I could afford them.

Even with the discount its still almost $100.00 per mag. After watching the website over the past year they ARE more plentiful than before and I'm sure that reflects directly on AGP mags being made readily available. They are perhaps made a bit better but not enough to pay those prices. The mags I buy for my machine guns are cheaper for christ sake and easier to get! I'm sorry but there is no explanation about how great they are or how great Oleg is that is going to get me to buy them, he can keep them!

Even with the discount its still almost $100.00 per mag. After watching the website over the past year they ARE more plentiful than before and I'm sure that reflects directly on AGP mags being made readily available. They are perhaps made a bit better but not enough to pay those prices. The mags I buy for my machine guns are cheaper for christ sake and easier to get! I'm sorry but there is no explanation about how great they are or how great Oleg is that is going to get me to buy them, he can keep them!

They are quite spendy. However. Some of us remember the "old" days when only a few members here had 1,or 2 8rds, and the rest of us couldn't evn find a 5rd, and when we did. it got bid up on eGay for over $50.00 before shipping!

It is always good to have multiple choices. I myself am a puritan somewhat when it comes to my saigas. Well. kind of. I try to make them into AK-100 series clones, and S-12K clones.

Most feel it isn't worth the money. But I always want what I CANNOT have due to importation bullshit.

If less are sold. It may bring down the price. Then some of us can buy "cheaper" not cheap.

I remember paying $130.00 for 1 8rounder.

But in 2004-2005......a mag fed shotgun in AK configuration with highcap mags?!?!?

I'm buying!

Everyone should buy what they like....all opinions aside. Yes you have to pay to play. And we would all love to pay less.

But if Izhmash mags were the same price, and avvailabilty as AGP. I doubt people would just choose AGP over them.

You may be right and if the 8 rounders were cheaper and available they might surpass the AGP mags. However, since I'm not buying them I guess I'm not gonna find out! I had Tromix build me an 8 inch shorty so believe me I have no problem putting money into guns! A few years back mags for my Powder Springs MAC 10/9 were $125.00 each. I wouldn't buy them then and figured I'd wait until the "Ban" expired and hoped someone would crank them out. At least in that case things worked out and another company makes them now and they are $20.00 each all day long. Thats probably not gonna happen with the 8 rounders but I think it has a lot to do with the company selling them. They are the only game in town and that means top dollar is going to be paid. I've got a cousin who is planning a trip to Russia so I'm going to give him a shopping list if it turns out he can get some. I'll be real interested in what they actually cost over there in US currency.

The Russian Mags are very high quality and worth the money.

This coming from the member who's signature line reads

"AGP mag's are friggin great!"

Your a good guy topmaul! Nice to see around the forum.

Very straight-up, accepting kinda guy. No need to rag on something just because You may not need it.

Good stuff.

The factory 8rders are a military quality mag unlike the AGP mags. They are molded as one peice and have a steel insert. The AGP mags are 2 peice and don't have a metal insert. There is such a demand for the 8rd mags (from the rest of the world) that you can bet Russia isn't giving them away to anybody. Oleg HAS NOT had a steady supply of them since AGP's mags came out. The Russian's don't even supply him with all he would like to have. If they did he would have a steady supply of them and the .410 10rd mags at all time. He has been out for months. He just now got these in and bet they will go fast. He sells out of them very quickly and I would say these will go equally as fast. Also I'm sure the UK has there own import tax on them to bump up his investment cost as well. And one more big thing is, you can't find them any cheaper anywhere else. Also, not taking away from the AGP mags or anything, it just is what it is.

Also, compared to other magazines (like say 7.62 and 5.45 AK mags), the available worldwide quantity of russian saiga shotgun magazines is just much lower, and lower quantities of a commodity invariably lead to higher prices for it. Don't forget that another significant reason for the high cost of the russian 8 round mags, and for that matter anything imported from the UK, is just the bad exchange rate between the dollar and the pound, which has been around 2 to 1 for a few years now. Bad exchange rates artificially increase the price. If the exchange rate was still like it was years ago (around 1.25 to 1), the Russian 8 rounders would only be about $70.

The main problem though is the voluntary agreement Russia signed during the Yeltsin era. With the end of the so-called AWB in 2004, magazines of any capacity can now be legally imported, but with this agreement Russia 'volunteered' not only to not export firearms that were otherwise legal to import into the US (like pistols, which is why you probably won't ever see the PYa available in the U.S), but also magazines with a so-called non-sporting capacity, which has come to mean rifle magazines with over a 10 round capacity and shotgun magazines with over a 5 round capacity. So any Russian manufactured magazines over these capacities can only get into the U.S. through a middleman country, like the U.K., which of course increases the price. If not for this voluntary agreement, the magazines could be imported directly from the Izhmash factory in Russia, and their sale price in the U.S. would probably be about the same price as the AGP mags (of course if this were the case, AGP probably never would have started making mags to begin with).

The Russian Mags are very high quality and worth the money.

A $3 mag is not worth over $100, it is just bringing that from some people.

I will not be paying that. As soon as the demand goes down, so will the price. I can wait.

I must admit that the seller has a very strong and knowledgeable advocate in you...

Odd that. :unsure:

I read something in the past about 8 round mag orders coming in two seperate shipments - one shipment you get the body and the other you get the spring and follower. If I remember correctly, this is the way they come from that guy that sells them on gunbroker, with a couple months wait between each? Anyways, for those of you who bought from Oleg before, is it the same kind of deal - two seperate shipments? If so, is there a month+ wait between each shipment, or is the turnaround time on the orders pretty good?

A couple months back, wasn't there a post from the keepshooting.com guys who had a "connection" for a massive amount of 5 & 8 rounders that would be priced in the $20 range but it would be a few months to get the order filled. I wonder what ever happened with that?

I read something in the past about 8 round mag orders coming in two seperate shipments - one shipment you get the body and the other you get the spring and follower. If I remember correctly, this is the way they come from that guy that sells them on gunbroker, with a couple months wait between each? Anyways, for those of you who bought from Oleg before, is it the same kind of deal - two seperate shipments? If so, is there a month+ wait between each shipment, or is the turnaround time on the orders pretty good?

No. Oleg ships the springs and bodies in two separate packages but they are only perhaps a day apart. He also ships them right out when they are in stock. I purchased both the Russian and AGP mags. I am personally very thankful for the choices that we have and would recommend that everyone get what they like. I paid $130 for one of the Russian mags so Oleg's price seemed pretty good and worth the 3 month wait. The dems get back in power and you will probably be thankful to just have a few on hand (of either). Just another thought.

No. Oleg ships the springs and bodies in two separate packages but they are only perhaps a day apart. He also ships them right out when they are in stock. I purchased both the Russian and AGP mags. I am personally very thankful for the choices that we have and would recommend that everyone get what they like. I paid $130 for one of the Russian mags so Oleg's price seemed pretty good and worth the 3 month wait. The dems get back in power and you will probably be thankful to just have a few on hand (of either). Just another thought.

To elaborate for 1911 a little. The 3 month is around the average time between Oleg's shipment from Russia. If his product is in stock (like they are now) you will usually receive your order in about 7 to 10 days.

however....I don't see anyone explaining that Oleg does not charge anyones credit card until it ships, and he even sends a receipt on that day in envolope prior to package to let youknow.

People confuse Oleg with Andrei alot.....the whole Russeller....Rusmilitary thing I guess...

Oleg does run out of items from time to time....not often. And he usually only does the pre-orders on planned special pieces....i.e. 1000m rear sights, etc....and he doesn't actually charge until it ships.......people should hear this.

3 months is not even remotely his turn around time to anywhere in the states for "in stock" item......

Oleg@Rusmilitary should be trusted by all here at this forum. I have easily sent him over $1,000.00 in the last year. Never one slight problem. He is great.

Now Andrei/Russeller?

Fuck.......... :rolleyes:

I fell for those stocks that seem to never appear.......never again. Mine went longer than a year before refund. That was in 2005-2006 before we really knew his methods.

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

Agree that Rusmilitary is great to deal with. Have gotten many items from them and never been disappointed. Some have arrived in as little as six days, with backorders taking longer. He communicates well and you can even track him down on his cell phone if necessary. The 17.5% discount on most items due to the VAT not applying here is also a plus.

Agree that Rusmilitary is great to deal with. Have gotten many items from them and never been disappointed. Some have arrived in as little as six days, with backorders taking longer. He communicates well and you can even track him down on his cell phone if necessary. The 17.5% discount on most items due to the VAT not applying here is also a plus.

VAT?

VAT?

Value Added Tax that they have to pay in England. Since we are not subject to the crown, we are exempt. :)