LibertyMags introduces new 308 Saiga Mag?!?!?

Got an email back tonight saying that he got my payment, and that my mags are in the current batch, due to ship in about 3 weeks. I don't expect to have my conversion done by then so I can actually use them, but at least they are on the way. If they work, and if I can duplicate the mods, I will make up a few more, otherwise order from him. Nothing against FBMG and what they have been able to accomplish, but I'd rather have a metal mag, so I am really hoping these work out okay.

Excellent! I was delinquent in getting my $'s off to him as I was sidetracked into getting a killer deal on a 10x42 IOR tactical scope for my bolt gun.

Awaiting a full report, thanks for taking the plunge.

Got an email back tonight saying that he got my payment, and that my mags are in the current batch, due to ship in about 3 weeks. I don't expect to have my conversion done by then so I can actually use them, but at least they are on the way. If they work, and if I can duplicate the mods, I will make up a few more, otherwise order from him. Nothing against FBMG and what they have been able to accomplish, but I'd rather have a metal mag, so I am really hoping these work out okay.

As long as they are reliable, I will buy from him. I would rather have metal as well.

Isn't this the guy that use to post on this site back during the last wave of people were trying to get different mags to work in a S.308? I'm thinking shortly before the 20 rounders came out, he was tring to convert H&K G3 mags if I remember correctly. I thought he was joking when he said that he was going to sell them, especially when they wouldn't feed all 20 rounds.

Maybe it is not the same person. :unsure:

Hello everyone, I am the maker of the liberty mags HK modified mags. I am sorry that it took so long for me to post something in this forum but I only learned about it a week or so ago and I had some troubles getting registered. But now I am here and I will answer any questions you might have.

These mags fit the saiga 308 only and they retain the original HK91 feed lips and geometry. They insert just like a stock saiga mag, front first then click the back in. The reason they only hold 17rds as opposed to 20 is I have to add a front "leg" to the follower which slightly reduces the capacity, but the biggest reason is that the mag springs on the HK mags are much stiffer then the mags on a AK type magazine thus when totally full it provides too much pressure on the bottom of the bolt for the action to overcome. So because of that I decided to keep the stock spring as opposed to cutting it or heating it and just claiming capacity is 17rds. All the mags I use are factory brand new so the springs are still quite stiff so they will loosen up after a few uses. The best thing is that you can order factory replacement mag springs and they will work no problem so you can stock up for a rainy day.

I have done a ton of testing on these mags before I ever even dreamed of selling them, actually I didn't intend to sell them, but everyone that saw them here in town had to have them for their rifle and I found myself making them anyway so I figured there must be a demand for them elsewhere. And by the positive reactions from everyone I was right. Every mag is modified and then function tested. Once it is passed it is set in a pile to go to sandblasting, I then sand blast the mag body, follower and bottom. When they leave the sandblaster the mags go to the parkerizing tank and are given a fresh parkerized finish and then oiled and packaged to be shipped. I do this in batches where I will make 50-100 mags and then sandblast all at once and then parkerize all at once. This is why there is a waiting list. Now if you read that correctly you will see that I am individually making each mag and testing each mag so the quality control is paramount. I have developed a jig for the mags and that has sped the process up many times over but these are still hand made products that are individually made and tested so its not like a machine is making them and hoping they work, each one works or it doesn't get finished. I do this out of my shop, it is not my main job. I am just a regular guy that thinks we all need hi capacity magazines :)

I am not out to make my fortune on these mags just cover my expenses and supply you guys with an alternative to stock mags and super expensive plastic high cap mags. I am not here to take advantage of anyone or steal anyones money as some other people have in the past. I hope that the fact that I listed my real name and mailing address is testimony to that, not some fake company name.

The prices and ordering info can be found under the advertising section on the right hand side of

survivalblog.com

Please go check out this website as it is chock full of information and discussions that could one day prove to be very useful.

I hope that this answered some questions for some of you, but I know that there will be more that I didnt think of so please feel free to ask them. I look forward to hearing from all of you. I am sorry that some of you didn't get a response from me that are members of this forum, it was because my junk mail filter was flagging some of you, but that is taken care of now. I will also try to post a live fire video on youtube.com as soon as I figure out how to do it :)

thanks again to everyone.

Brian

Awesome, now I'm excited. Welcome!

So, why did you choose HK mags over other options? Just cheaper?

Pics? edit: Nevermind, I saw the pic in your add, you can always show us more though if you want ;) .

Here's the link guys: http://www.survivalblog.com/libertymags.html

Can these mags still be used in a HK91 after modification?

Awesome, now I'm excited. Welcome!

So, why did you choose HK mags over other options? Just cheaper?

Pics? edit: Nevermind, I saw the pic in your add, you can always show us more though if you want ;) .

Here's the link guys: http://www.survivalblog.com/libertymags.html

Can these mags still be used in a HK91 after modification?

From the looks of them I doubt it.

He adds a tang on the front of the mag and chops the sides a bit so it angles correctly. So there is no real way it would work again

From the fine print...

We provide a 20 day inspection and test-firing period with a "no questions asked" replacement guarantee policy on magazines. We will provide replacement magazines if you aren't satisfied. (One-for-one replacement, but the buyer pays for the return shipping.) Magazines must be returned within 20 days after the postmark on the box in which they were sent from Liberty Mags.

......Nice. A working guarantee for a 17 round steel mag with $5 shipping on your first magazine and no more than $10 shipping an any quantity of order (free with a 12 mag or larger order).

I can't wait for the fit and function tests, then (assuming they're good), I'm in. Maybe FBMG will knock their plastic mag price down by $5 or so to compete.

Welcome - you are certainly a welcome addition IMO. You have been able to produce a product in relatively short order at a reasonable price that others have taken much longer to get to market at higher prices. I wish you well and hope you make alot of money from the mags - you are making the Saiga's an even better value and serving your fellow shooters.

No magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds to CA, DC, MA, NY*:, and Toledo, Ohio (*For NY, see State Penal Code 265.23 for details, including the no post-9/94 production high capacity mag restriction. We can ship 11+ round magazines to New York there that were originally made before 9/94. They must be date-coded as such.)

any chance you will make a pre-ban version of these from pre 9/94 mags?

No magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds to CA, DC, MA, NY*:, and Toledo, Ohio (*For NY, see State Penal Code 265.23 for details, including the no post-9/94 production high capacity mag restriction. We can ship 11+ round magazines to New York there that were originally made before 9/94. They must be date-coded as such.)

any chance you will make a pre-ban version of these from pre 9/94 mags?

I suspect you'd have to sort those yourself then he'd modify them for you to fit the saiga. It shouldn't be too bad, as long as you ensure pedigree, etc.

Actually all my mags I ordered are new in the wrap and all carry a 1960's date on them. If you have to have a pre 94 mag date just make sure that you put a note in the MO and I will make sure the date is fully readable after I parkerize them in case your communist elected officials question you. But more importantly you need to get more involved in local govt to vote them out or join freestatewyoming.com and move to a gun friendly state :)

Actually all my mags I ordered are new in the wrap and all carry a 1960's date on them. If you have to have a pre 94 mag date just make sure that you put a note in the MO and I will make sure the date is fully readable after I parkerize them in case your communist elected officials question you. But more importantly you need to get more involved in local govt to vote them out or join freestatewyoming.com and move to a gun friendly state :)

• 2 weeks later...
Does he have a website? If not, this guy needs to post something here... like a pic... otherwise my interest in his product rates somewhere near zero. Besides, isn't this the place if you are trying to sell something Saiga related?

I really want to know why he can't get 20 rds out of a 20 rd mag. That said, another hi cap option sounds alright to me.

Also, if he can do it, we can do it. So whats he doing that hasn't been done here already?

I read about it and seen what he had written elsewhere. It is something to do with the spring being to strong for loading the round. It can be stretched and trimmed so you can fit 20 but he does not do that.

Does he have a website? If not, this guy needs to post something here... like a pic... otherwise my interest in his product rates somewhere near zero. Besides, isn't this the place if you are trying to sell something Saiga related?

I really want to know why he can't get 20 rds out of a 20 rd mag. That said, another hi cap option sounds alright to me.

Also, if he can do it, we can do it. So whats he doing that hasn't been done here already?

I read about it and seen what he had written elsewhere. It is something to do with the spring being to strong for loading the round. It can be stretched and trimmed so you can fit 20 but he does not do that. It might have been a different guy but I believe that is what I read. I would like to order a few of them if possible though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for everyone's information: I tried to place an order yesterday with LibertyMags - They told me they are currently NOT in production but will E-mail me when the are.

I have been trying to place one with FBMG but the webpage has been down for a few days. I got an E-mail out to them but am waiting on confirmation they received it.

Just for everyone's information: I tried to place an order yesterday with LibertyMags - They told me they are currently NOT in production but will E-mail me when the are.

I have been trying to place one with FBMG but the webpage has been down for a few days. I got an E-mail out to them but am waiting on confirmation they received it.

Call them, trust me.