Bolt Hold Open Release, Manual or Automatic!

I've done it again! I've designed something that will release the bolt from the locked position. Whether your BHO open is Jeric's automatic or a factory manual this will work either way. No more grabbing the bolt carrier to release it. This with the magwell is going to be a great combo! That's all I want to say for now and don't want to go into the design or specific function yet. It is simple, reliable and will be low cost. Coming to a Saiga-12 near you!!!!! :super:

I've done it again! I've designed something that will release the bolt from the locked position. Whether your BHO open is Jeric's automatic or a factory manual this will work either way. No more grabbing the bolt carrier to release it. This with the magwell is going to be a great combo! That's all I want to say for now and don't want to go into the design or specific function yet. It is simple, reliable and will be low cost. Coming to a Saiga-12 near you!!!!! :super:

Dude, this will reduce reload times even further!!!! Awesome.

Hrmmm....

I was just thinking about this last night, actually. I was going to ask around and see if anyone had any spare OEM BHO after installing Jeric's.

In fact, I'll still take 'em if people have them and would be willing to part with them.

But, way to go Mike! Another +1 to the Saiga world!

Dude, this will reduce reload times even further!!!! Awesome.

By the time I'm done you competition guys will be the ones laughing at the tube-fed guys. You will be unstoppable. :devil::devil::devil:

call me cynical but pulling the bolt back is no big deal. its probably quicker than finding a little button and hitting it.

still waiting on that magwell though......

There is no button to find. Just a lever to pry right by your thumb. Currently the quickest way to release the bolt is to use the same hand that inserted the mag. With my system you can be firing your first round by the time you have the bolt grabbed to pull. Instead of inserting the mag and then going for the bolt, you insert the mag and drop the bolt while reaching for the handguard. It isn't that crucial but the guys shooting competition will notice a big difference. Especially if they are making a lot of mag changes in the stage. Also, a lot of comp shooting guys won't empty their saiga because of the previous issue. Now they will be able to utilize every round in the mag and load the next mag on a open bolt rather than on a closed bolt. With the following: magwell, extended mag release, lrbho, and bolt release is going to be the final edge to annihilate the tubefeed shotgunners. And if the competitions they are in allows the drum, then they probably won't even need anything but it. :devil:

call me cynical but pulling the bolt back is no big deal. its probably quicker than finding a little button and hitting it.

a little range time, a timer and this new device and we won't have to be guessing.

There is a good point here. You shouldn't be fumbling for any button on any firearm, that is what dry fire and live fire practice is for, and most firearms are layed out well. Mike, will you be able to reach this release without changing your grip?

a little range time, a timer and this new device and we won't have to be guessing.

There is a good point here. You shouldn't be fumbling for any button on any firearm, that is what dry fire and live fire practice is for, and most firearms are layed out well. Mike, will you be able to reach this release without changing your grip?

Absolutely, When your thumb slides off it, your thumb will be right back in the firing position, same for left handers. You will also have the option to reverse it and push up on it rather than down. I prefer pushing down though because you keep a much more positive grip and have a quicker (damn near immediate) return to your firing grip. Eventually I will film a firing demo with all these feature combined; magwell, extended mag release, lrbho, and bolt release. I need to install the lrbho and need to purchase and install an extended mag release (anybody have one for sale? I will just make one if I can't buy it). Reload time will probably be very slightly faster than an AR. Because on an ar, after you insert your mag you have to slap to bolt release with your palm. And with my new device you will be releasing the saiga-12 bolt with the pistol grip hand while reaching for the handguard with the other. :super::super::super: