Unrealistic prices of some converted saigas are so stupid it's fun

I see converted saigas for sale lately for ridiculous prices. I mean ones that are in such a configuration that basically anyone could do. A $400 shotgun and $200-$300 in parts priced $1200-$1400 :eek: . I understand the high prices of ones with custom sights that need welding, folding stocks that require machining of the reciever like a ak74 triangle folder, etc, etc. But saigas with tapco handguards, ace stocks, and a couple of other things priced retardedly high. I just don't understand. It doesn't really bother me I just wanted to see if anyone else thinks it's funny. I did my own conversion so that may affect my opinion. I understand something converted by a reputable smith who works with saigas being worth more but only to a certain point and depending on what was done obviously. Am I off base or does anyone else laugh when they see this?

Now I do understand them all being a little higher lately as they are so hard to get even in stock configuration. I was ready to spend $525 on a S-12 but I got a pretty good damn deal lined up for a ftf transaction.

I see converted saigas for sale lately for ridiculous prices. I mean ones that are in such a configuration that basically anyone could do. A $400 shotgun and $200-$300 in parts priced $1200-$1400 :eek: . I understand the high prices of ones with custom sights that need welding, folding stocks that require machining of the reciever like a ak74 triangle folder, etc, etc. But saigas with tapco handguards, ace stocks, and a couple of other things priced retardedly high. I just don't understand. It doesn't really bother me I just wanted to see if anyone else thinks it's funny. I did my own conversion so that may affect my opinion. I understand something converted by a reputable smith who works with saigas being worth more but only to a certain point and depending on what was done obviously. Am I off base or does anyone else laugh when they see this?

Now I do understand them all being a little higher lately as they are so hard to get even in stock configuration. I was ready to spend $525 on a S-12 but I got a pretty good damn deal lined up for a ftf transaction.

I bought my first one for $600 and felt like I paid too much so I bought another for $500 to bring down my average... but that was a longtime ago. You might get a break when some more hit our shores but I doubt it. You might want to bite the bullet now while you can. If we elect a Dumb-O-Crap President next year anything can happen and none of it good.

I bought my first one for $600 and felt like I paid too much so I bought another for $500 to bring down my average... but that was a longtime ago. You might get a break when some more hit our shores but I doubt it. You might want to bite the bullet now while you can. If we elect a Dumb-O-Crap President next year anything can happen and none of it good.

Oh I bought one originally from cdnn for $200. My friend wanted to convert it and did so in Oct 04 a month after the ban died. I couldn't resist selling it a few months later for $700 because hardly anyone had them converted at that point so it was easy at that price, but I always had an itch for another. I bought another one last spring for just under $400 and converted it myself. I wanted it very basic and that's what it is. I have another one I'm picking up tomorrow at a very good price that I am going to register as a short barrel shotgun and put an ace folder and some other crap on it. Here is my current saiga I converted and refinished last spring:

IMG_1899.jpg

Edited by SaigaFodder

Yea,lots of things were cheap ..(back in the day) Just think if the democrates get into office,within 3-5 years we will be saying how cheap AR,AK,Glock,ect mags were..Mikes drum will be worth $600 bucks,beta mags back up to $700-800....get um now while the gettins good.Im thinkin of picking up a few Rock River AR stripped recievers also...cant loose on that deal.

+1 on the stripped recievers. Get 'em while they're hot.

If I had a time machine I'd go back to '85 and buy like a hundred MAC-10s for $150 apiece then resell them today for $3200 so I could retire early. If only I were born 20 years earlier.

+1 on the stripped recievers. Get 'em while they're hot.

If I had a time machine I'd go back to '85 and buy like a hundred MAC-10s for $150 apiece then resell them today for $3200 so I could retire early. If only I were born 20 years earlier.

~~~~~~~~~LOL.....ahhhh........most of us bought the Mac's at $150 and sold when the price hit the stupid $999 mark........~~~~~~~ :dollar:

Yea,lots of things were cheap ..(back in the day) Just think if the democrates get into office,within 3-5 years we will be saying how cheap AR,AK,Glock,ect mags were..Mikes drum will be worth $600 bucks,beta mags back up to $700-800....get um now while the gettins good.Im thinkin of picking up a few Rock River AR stripped recievers also...cant loose on that deal.

Help me out with the logic of buying stripped lower recievers. Wouldn't it cost more to build an AR than what you could buy one for?

Help me out with the logic of buying stripped lower recievers. Wouldn't it cost more to build an AR than what you could buy one for?

I assume that since it's the receiver that's the gun, you can sell the receiver to anyone and they can buy whatever upper they want for it, and you don't have to front the money for the upper/barrel/stocks/etc.

Remember Clintons assault weapons ban? When pre ban AR15''s were the only game in town that allowed evil features..Preban Ar's were priced way way up there.If theres another ban,all AR's before the date the law goes into effect will again be Pre ban.The stripped lowers being the actual "Gun" is where the money will be.Stripped preban lowers during Clintons ban were easyly going for $600-900..its just a good ideal/investment to pick up some DPMS or Rock River stripped recievers for $105-$125 .you could easyly get your money back later on if no ban ever develops...which is a pipedream.

Remember Clintons assault weapons ban? When pre ban AR15''s were the only game in town that allowed evil features..Preban Ar's were priced way way up there.If theres another ban,all AR's before the date the law goes into effect will again be Pre ban.The stripped lowers being the actual "Gun" is where the money will be.Stripped preban lowers during Clintons ban were easyly going for $600-900..its just a good ideal/investment to pick up some DPMS or Rock River stripped recievers for $105-$125 .you could easyly get your money back later on if no ban ever develops...which is a pipedream.

Good thinking. I going to buy five or six at least.

Don't think they forgot that people had ways around the last ban.

Read 1022 again if you need to see what the plan is.

You won't be able to transfer any banned gun.

So you will have a butt load of stripped receivers that are worth Jack and squat because you can't legally transfer them.

So you will have a butt load of stripped receivers that are worth Jack and squat because you can't legally transfer them.

If it ever came to that (which i dought) It would mean there would be a rush to buy the lowers before the end date that the law went into effect because no more could be produced,people would want a AR15,it would be there last chance of owning one....Prices would raise dramaticly before that date.$$$$ I see a registration before a non transfurable clause.

2/13/2007--Introduced.

Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 - Reinstates for ten years repealed criminal provisions regarding assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices (the assault weapons ban).

Revises the definition of "semiautomatic assault weapon" to include conversion kits (for converting a firearm to such a weapon) and any semiautomatic rifle or pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and that has specified characteristics, including a telescoping stock.

Prohibits the transfer of such a weapon except through a licensed dealer or a state or local law enforcement agency, subject to specified requirements. Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a record of the make, model, and date of manufacture of any such weapon which the Attorney General is made aware has been used in relation to a crime, and of the nature and circumstances of the crime involved; and (2) annually submit the record to Congress and make it available to the public.

Prohibits: (1) the transfer of any assault weapon with a large capacity ammunition feeding device; and (2) a licensed manufacturer, importer, or dealer who transfers such a device that was manufactured on or before this Act's enactment from failing to certify to the Attorney General, within 60 days of the transfer date, that the device was manufactured on or before that date. Sets forth penalties for violations.

Prohibits: (1) the transfer of such a weapon or device to a juvenile; and (2) the importation of such a device.

I am not saying I don't think there will be another ban but I think it will be highly revised. It is my belief that, to our advantage, hr1022 is way to radical to get passed (at least without some major changes). That bill would make simple guns such as a ruger 10/22 and remington 1100's (American staples)considered assault weapons. I think it will cause an out cry like they have never seen before when it is finally up. I feel that those big businesses and the gun owning public will make it apparent that most anybody that votes for such a radical bill can forget about being reelected and a future in politics. And quickly reversed if it is passed. I hope this isn't just wishful thinking on my part. I hope dearly that no new bans at all are passed!

I am not saying I don't think there will be another ban but I think it will be highly revised. It is my belief that, to our advantage, hr1022 is way to radical to get passed (at least without some major changes). That bill would make simple guns such as a ruger 10/22 and remington 1100's (American staples)considered assault weapons. I think it will cause an out cry like they have never seen before when it is finally up. I feel that those big businesses and the gun owning public will make it apparent that most anybody that votes for such a radical bill can forget about being reelected and a future in politics. And quickly reversed if it is passed. I hope this isn't just wishful thinking on my part. I hope dearly that no new bans at all are passed!

Think about what a Dumb-O-Crap President could do to US by simply issuing executive orders to BATF.

Think about what a Dumb-O-Crap President could do to US by simply issuing executive orders to BATF.

You are right indeed. There again, and I hope to god it isn't just more wishful thinking. But I do feel that Hilary will win the nomination. And that by doing so they will hand it to the Republicans. Some resent polls I have seen show that even a lot women admitted that they don't feel a woman would make a good president for the (obvious to men :angel: ) emotion crazed reason (no offense ladies). They might nominate her under the nice idea of it but I think that a lot of them won't vote for her when it comes down to it. You can forget about basically any republican male voting for her. And I also think that most male Democrats will have a very hard time voting for a feminist man hater when it comes down to it as well. Lets just HOPE I'm right!!!!!

I ain't transferring crap. All this stuffs fer me and me alone. I'm banking on being able to still buy parts and accessories when the recievers are no longer available. Could be wrong, as always.

I don't think a ban will happen any time soon. To many people know how stupid the last ban was, and the new democratic lead congress since 2006 has done jack and squat about getting Bush out of office and ending the war.... So the 2008 elections aren't going to be sure lock for any party.

Also the DC ban review starts tomorrow on whether or not the SCOTUS will grant Cert or not.

With luck next spring there will be a SCOTUS ruling saying the 2nd amendment is an individual right and it will lay the ground work to repeal the 1986 registry closure and other anti-gun laws.

Comrade 1911, I am buying a stripped lower with special eddition logo in it also it will say Safe and SHTF I have found that buying an AR off the shelf will require me to modify it to a good extent because I just can not leave anything alone. Thus I end up with a lot of useless parts and install replacements so when you add up the cost and time of buying the modification parts I will more than break even.

besides it keeps me out of trouble while I am building it. I have not done an AR before this will be the first.

It also has a quote in Greek from "THE 300" which says "Come and take them!" this is also going to be my primary 3 gun rifle so it is going to have the crap shot out of it.

Edited by topmaul

Cheap stripped lower.......$120.00

Lower parts kit....................50.00

Standard complete stock......55.00

Complete standard upper...425.00

-----------

$650.00

Depending on the make and the type of upper, a new AR can be built for under $650..DPMS,or off brand type lowers,Model one standard upper....A no frills functional homebuilt.