Saigas ranked the same as WASR's?????

Holy shit, the same guy is saying the same shit again :rolleyes: . Second comment down. I think he has some sort of personal grudge or some shit. Something is up with this guy.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=323676

Sistuation:"REPAIRMAN" dispairaged by existence of Saiga--------Solution:EAT MORE BEANS!

:D Seriously. I don't get what this guy has against Saigas. Ah well, to each his own. I guess he's just missing out on a diamond in the rough :rolleyes: .

Edited by 22_Shooter

I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. And there is nothing wrong with the basic Saiga design. I like mine. But I want to make two points.

1. A WASR is not the same rifle as one built from a ex-military Romy or Yugo kit by a skilled builder.

2. You can not take a .308 with a sheet metal receiver and compete accuracy wise with a battle rifle with a solid or even forged receiver. You will never see a Saiga .308 win a Hi-power match. That is not what they were designed for. That is not to say that the Saiga .308 can not perform ably as a battle rifle.

I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. And there is nothing wrong with the basic Saiga design. I like mine. But I want to make two points.

1. A WASR is not the same rifle as one built from a ex-military Romy or Yugo kit by a skilled builder.

2. You can not take a .308 with a sheet metal receiver and compete accuracy wise with a battle rifle with a solid or even forged receiver. You will never see a Saiga .308 win a Hi-power match. That is not what they were designed for. That is not to say that the Saiga .308 can not perform ably as a battle rifle.

i dont think you will ever see any AK style weapon win any matches unless all the weapons are AK style, its not made to shoot extramely accurate (just accurate enough to get the job done) its made to take a licken and keep on ticken a grain of sand isnt going to stop it from fireing. its made for alot of use with low maintance and still be dependable, all at a low cost. to me 1"grp@100yrds is good enough to get the job done alot of weapons have a hard time getting that. thats useing a saiga 308 22" stock only thing add is a 3x9 40mm scope useing fed pwr shok 150gr SP. other than the AR and the M1/M1a do any other battle rifles shoot any better?

Edited by Cryptkeeper

I read the post as I am also a member at THR. He claims to have worked at the Romanian Cugir arms plant for 14 years and he now works for B-west as a custom AK gunsmith.

IMHO he's constantly trying to sell his shit on THR while spewing nonsense BS about whatever may compete with his builds. He's just picking a bad way to sell his damn snake oil. If he was any good, he'd probably spend much less time on the net and have a backlog for his services.

Oh, and you can take a .308 with a sheet metal receiver and make it perform well in a target match, i.e. the H&K PSG and MSG rifles.

I read the post as I am also a member at THR. He claims to have worked at the Romanian Cugir arms plant for 14 years and he now works for B-west as a custom AK gunsmith.

IMHO he's constantly trying to sell his shit on THR while spewing nonsense BS about whatever may compete with his builds. He's just picking a bad way to sell his damn snake oil. If he was any good, he'd probably spend much less time on the net and have a backlog for his services.

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. That he is a builder and it seems he is just scared of competition.

Edit to add: Someone asked him what the best built AK is, hands down, money aside. He replied "that woulda been one of my custom Yugo's". :rolleyes: A little cocky if ya ask me.

Edited by 22_Shooter
Edit to add: Someone asked him what the best built AK is, hands down, money aside. He replied "that woulda been one of my custom Yugo's". :rolleyes: A little cocky if ya ask me.
What's cocky about that? I've answered the same question the same way. I just don't sell my builds :D
.....to me 1"grp@100yrds is good enough to get the job done alot of weapons have a hard time getting that. thats useing a saiga 308 22" stock only thing add is a 3x9 40mm scope useing fed pwr shok 150gr SP......

You know I agree with most everything you say, except the above referenced excerpt.

Are you claiming that you own a Saiga 7.62x51mm rifle that will shoot one inch groups at 100 yards and that you do so regularly? :unsure:

Because frankly, and based on the experience of shooting a lot of hi-power, I find it difficult to believe, but I would love to see in done.

What's cocky about that? I've answered the same question the same way. I just don't sell my builds :D

Only because it's pretty obvious he's trying really hard to sell his product. Which would be great, if it didn't involve putting down another product. I've never seen Will or Tony post garbage like that here, shitting on one product and praising their own. I think it upsets him that 99% of people looking for AK's would be more than happy with a converted Saiga. Which would mean, less money in his pocket.

P.S.

Maybe you should start selling your builds, you seem to be toward the top of the foodchain when it comes to AK knowledge.

Edited by 22_Shooter

Typical crap spewed by a high priced competitor. I think his points are strained in that an AK is an AK is an AK, the same way that an AR is an AR is an AR. He obviously wants you to believe that an arsenal AK is a BMW, and the saiga is a Kia. I think it's more like a chevy vs pontiac sort of comparison in reality.

The taurus 1911 is made in brazil, the smith and wesson in the US. I know for a dead on fact that the brazilian guy makes less than the guy in new england. Then why is it that to get a smith gun that shoots like the taurus, you need to get it through the "performance center". Higher paid workers produce differing grades of quality whereas lower paid workers typically produce only one line of quality. Do you really think those expert workers in the performance center just slipped out of the womb or did they create some average work along the way? The quality comparison for "fitted" guns means less for AK's anyway.

His $ figures are way off too. I added a $35 tapco trigger to my $235 saiga 223 and made the stock parts myself, that was less than $270. Did the same with a saiga 308 for around $365. Someone tell me that there's a better built AK for less than about twice that? What makes an AK inaccurate isn't going to be fixed with higher wages and medical benefits at a factory. The design has only so much to give in the accuracy department. If I'm going to drop $700 on a gun in the name of accuracy it wouldn't be an AK. The AK's beauty is that you can churn them out and they are all reasonably good. Stalin used to say that quantity has a quality all its own.

came from a gun show the other week or so...

first time after owning my saiga... i finally got to compare to other AKs out there... saw a Norinco, lot's of Wasrs and Yugos and even a galil...

i'm realizing how much quality really is in a Saiga! You can just tell by looking at the finish, the tightness, etc.

Since then, i've been looking for another..maybe 308 this time.

"As far as the SAIGA low price......... amazing what ya can accomplish with extremally low wage sweatshop level labor, cheap materials and cut corners like presicion fitted components, base grade steel versus 4130/4140 steel all CNC Machined to much tighter specs....."

What's the big deal? AKs have ALWAYS been manufactured that way. It was the fucking SOVIET UNION for crissakes!