Saiga 12 Picture Thread

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've owned numerous bullpups......i love the idea of barrel length with minor overall length....best of both worlds....

i've had........

BushMaster M17S Bullpup 5.56mm

High Standard 10B 12 gauge 2nd version..SOLD

Mossberg(not maverick) M500 Bullpup shotgun 12g 18.5"(ricardomagana has it now..cheers)SOLD

Steyr Aug with 3 barrels purchased in 1991...my dad is still owning it currently..lol

KVAR wannabe AK bullpup...crap...but had to try..SOLD

ruger 10/22 with bullpup kit....crap...SOLD

see a trend though.....They were not in my personal opinion....easy to use....i felt like i always needed a 3rd hand to operate them....

They were neat curiosities though....I still have exploded views of all of them...diagrams....whats the guys name..new guy that made that bullpup here....

Iam a big bullpup fan too. I cant wait till the F2000 becomes available. Heres a pic of my M17.

223025.JPG

I still cant believe you did that yourself Johnny....

I paid a fucking small fortune(540.00) to KKF for mine...and waited 8 months to get it back!

Why didn't i now you then?

Indy?....dont swear.......My dad bought it for 850.00.......

do you know what this is worth now?

and we only fired it like twice...........exc cond

honestly...I dont like it...I am trying to get it off ny dad....but i don't want to ask anymore really...cuz he always tries to make me feel bad...talking about getting all his guns when he's dead....makes me humble... i just meant i would buy...fair and square....

But now i think he just wants to be a man...and die with guns.....you know?

May as well have my first post be a pic post. Here's my Saiga12 conversion, since these pics, I've had the holes mig welded up. Now I just need to strip and repaint.

P1200455-vi.jpg

I modified a regular akm trigger guard and selector stop for it.

P1200456-vi.jpg

Shot her for the first time today and WOW, these guns are smooth! I shot 50 shells through her and was very impressed. Next I need to try clay birds. I bet she'll do fine at that.

whatthedil, I believe that smithmonsters' Saiga is a 20 gauge. If you look closely you can see the magazine is different than that of a 12 gauge. The 20 gauge guns have a magazine release that is like a conventional AK, and it looks like smithmonster just tucked the front of the original triggerguard under the back of it. Nice looking guns, all of them. AKATTACK

Yes it is a saiga 20. I ordered the longer US made stock from k-var but who knows what i got. The trigger guard is flipped around (I liked how it sits with the mag release better) and i used a RBP trigger group toped of with the famous Tapco saw PG.Conversions are easy after you know what you are doing. I found myself asking you guys questions that i already knew the answers to. But i still may send my s- 12 to one of the pros to get the barrel shortened and the ports hogged out. Thanks

Ha.... figures :cryss:

I've been looking for a quality U.S. RPK furniture set... with no luck. Lot's of plastic out there, but no quality US wood sets for an RPK. IronWoodDesigns has some beautiful stocks... but I haven't heard that they are considering the RPK yet.

I'll keep waiting... someday they'll show up.