Saiga 12 Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front shell holder is made of 2" nylon webbing, 1" nylon webbing, a few cams, elastic band, and an afternoon trying to sew. I don't think there is anything else that can be retrofitted easily to the Siaga-12 handguard if you want to do what I did. I checked a few of the shotshell holders and they wouldn't conform properly.

I got everything except the elastic banding at GI Joes (sporting goods store in case they don't have it at your neck of the woods). The nylon webbing and various webbing attachments (buckles, cams, rings, etc) are in one section together.

The elastic stuff I got from a Jo-Ann fabric store :ded: I had to ask for elastic band and make up a reason why I needed it. "Shotgun shell holder" doesn't work well in there :lolol:

Sewing also stinks, especially stuff like nylon webbing. Still, I think it was well worth an afternoon of work.

Edited by Cesiumsponge
We need to get a picture thread started on this board.  Post your pictures here so that the newbies can get some inspiration.

Man I was already inspired. Now I'm obsessed!! Nice work gentlemen. I've been hoping someone would start one of these threads over in the 410 section so I can get some more ideas.

:osama::killer:

Here's my 19" Saiga-12, picture's sorta washed out but it's all I have at the moment.

s-12grip.jpg

This is a 19" threaded barrel model with my stock adapter, 6 position car stock, rubber stock pad, ergo pistol grip, SWIFT lever, green buffer, Kobra gen 2 sight, 8 rd mag, tac light & 2" Picatinney rail mounted to forend, raised front sight post set, threaded full choke.

I offer and / or can get any of the parts I've listed here.

Edited by Blackjack

the buffers will take a little bit of wear out of the action, take some of the felt "snap" from the bolt flying back, and improve your cyclic rate slightly as well. I have green buffers in my guns. the black buffers are harder is my understanding.

yes, they work. An ak wont wear out for a LONG LONG time without one, but I tell ya, I like them none-the-less just because it takes some snap outta there that would otherwise be going into my shoulder or wrist. the kick is a LOT smoother, in my opinion. Plus, if you do a lot of bump firing, it will improve the cyclic rate some for you.

• 1 month later...

I know a lot of people have finished their projects and now it is time to start this thread again with some inspiring pictures. Anyone with pictures of their projects need to post them here. Hopefully we can get this post to get the sticky approval so we can keep it at the top.

Yes Dodge, that is my Saiga 12 and it was and it still is a 19" barrel smoothbore with change out Izhmash chokes that screw onto the end of the barrel

24295Saiga_004-med.jpg

would that be model#170255 the 19" with IC and screw choke?

Because I purchased that model# believing from what others have posted that the picture you have there is that model...170255.

Am I hitting black here?

Updated with new handgaurd.

EXCELLENT!!!!

WHERE did you SCORE that handguard??? thats VERY COOL!!!

Also... more info on the muzzlebreak??? how did it attach, and where from???

Thanks!!!

The handgaurd is from tapco and was modified to fit. The FH is my own brew. They attatch either by two set screws or are threaded. If you want more info you can e-mail me.

johnnymceldoo@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...