Folding stock, ACE

I am interested in getting a folding stock for my Saiga x39. I do not like the t-6 stocks or the tapco side folder, not at all. I like the looks of the ACE stocks or Tromix, but I can't justify the extra expense of the Tromix.

I was looking here http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...da2bfbab1702c28

But I noticed in the picture that the stock mounting block sticks out past the receiver. I have seen the ACE stock mounted so that this block appears inside the receiver. Where can I get that setup? Also, who has the cheapest prices? I looked at Blackjack buffers and they have a ton of ACE stocks and Im not sure which one would be the right one.

What are the pros and cons of a folding stock?

But I noticed in the picture that the stock mounting block sticks out past the receiver. I have seen the ACE stock mounted so that this block appears inside the receiver. Where can I get that setup?

This is the one you're looking for: http://riflestocks.com/AKStampedModsRequired.htm

With a quality side folding stock, there are no cons. Ace is quality. Solid lockup, no buttons involved, if you want right- or left-hand fold, you can easily change it.

Edited by nalioth
But I noticed in the picture that the stock mounting block sticks out past the receiver. I have seen the ACE stock mounted so that this block appears inside the receiver. Where can I get that setup?

This is the one you're looking for: http://riflestocks.com/AKStampedModsRequired.htm

With a quality side folding stock, there are no cons. Ace is quality. Solid lockup, no buttons involved, if you want right- or left-hand fold, you can easily change it.

Great. So all that would be required is http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=351 and the internal block you listed? What about screws to bolt them together?

How much shorter is this setup than the stock sporter config?

Great. So all that would be required is http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=351 and the internal block you listed? What about screws to bolt them together?

How much shorter is this setup than the stock sporter config?

The screws to fasten it all together should be packaged with the parts.

Not real sure I can answer the length question because I don't know the stock length they're using in that package. It should be at least 1.5" shorter than the factory buttstock, though.

Nalioth do all the Beryl style rails have the ability to hinge like that? or is it just locked down completely?

A beryl style rail that follows the Polish example should hinge at the rear sight block.

Depending the design of the particular rail, different methods are used at the rear tang for locking it in place.

if you are in Michigan, you need your weapon to be 30 inches in it's shortest confg.

so, unless your gonna have a permanent muzzle device, go with the external block.

that will keep you in the 30" range vs. 29" without the tang... FWIW...

Edit to add. the sizes above are from my experiences with s Saiga 12 not an x39.

Same law applies in Michigan either way....

• 1 year later...

Please don't through tomatoes at the newb here but I am pulling my hair out finding this exact type of side-folder (ACE skeleton Item# AKFX-FS) for my Saiga 12. Let me ask, can this ACE receiver block be adapted to a Saiga 12? I have an extremely talented gunsmith who is fully capable of wild mods but I wanted to make sure it was even possible or worthwhile before I blow over $150. My gunsmith was not familiar with this particular ACE receiver block and that's what brings me here for my very first post. Thanks in advance for any of you comrades willing to help out a happy new owner of a Saiga 12. I still love my Polytech paratrooper X39, but the Saiga 12 is a beautiful beast. Just a little too long and clumsy of a beat presently. Hence why I want to make it as small and mobile as legally possible.

with all the competent and reliable vendors on this site it is really hard to justify the you will get it some day maybe attitude at ace. i put in a order waited 2 weeks thinking it would show up any day ( ace refuses to provide tracking info) then emailed and a week later was emailed back saying it was on back order. 5 weeks after that i called and was told it is on back order and there is no way to tell when it may show up. i don't care if you have the best product in the world if you cant say when you will deliver. i did the full conversion with parts from dph and dinzag. no bullshit they delivered when they said they would and if there was a problem they said so,,, not to much to ask for. dph also warrantied a part i had a problem with with no dicking around. that is the type treatment that wins loyal customers and is one of the greatest advantages of this forum,,, at least to me. dph and dinzag ROCK,, ace can kiss my grits

with all the competent and reliable vendors on this site it is really hard to justify the you will get it some day maybe attitude at ace. i put in a order waited 2 weeks thinking it would show up any day ( ace refuses to provide tracking info) then emailed and a week later was emailed back saying it was on back order. 5 weeks after that i called and was told it is on back order and there is no way to tell when it may show up. i don't care if you have the best product in the world if you cant say when you will deliver. i did the full conversion with parts from dph and dinzag. no bullshit they delivered when they said they would and if there was a problem they said so,,, not to much to ask for. dph also warrantied a part i had a problem with with no dicking around. that is the type treatment that wins loyal customers and is one of the greatest advantages of this forum,,, at least to me. dph and dinzag ROCK,, ace can kiss my grits

Thanks for the tips my friend but I am still frustrated because I cannot seem to find the parts even on those sites to make my stock Saiga-12 look like the following photo:

aks-12_black_400.gif

I have a gunsmith waiting on me to scrounge the parts together and man, what a disaster it has been. I simply want the gun reduced in size a bit for more mobility and home defense. Presently my stock Saiga-12 looks like a damned fishing pole. LOL. I guess I am a bit spoiled because my primary shooter is a Polytech Paratrooper. And I hate Tapco AR-15 style stocks on a Russian style gun.

Thanks for the tips my friend but I am still frustrated because I cannot seem to find the parts even on those sites to make my stock Saiga-12 look like the following photo:

aks-12_black_400.gif

I have a gunsmith waiting on me to scrounge the parts together and man, what a disaster it has been. I simply want the gun reduced in size a bit for more mobility and home defense. Presently my stock Saiga-12 looks like a damned fishing pole. LOL. I guess I am a bit spoiled because my primary shooter is a Polytech Paratrooper. And I hate Tapco AR-15 style stocks on a Russian style gun.

if you want it to look like that..... www.k-var.com