Chaos brand Muzzle Break

Fu#king like I said in that other thread,

"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and flies like a duck.... then it's a god damned DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Personally, I don't believe Bvamp has ever seen a "duck in the feathers" (so to speak) before.

:lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ............... :haha:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to shit on their product here, but I sure as hell would test the thing with a few rounds at a time, especially if you have a Tromix 8" gun. The extreme blast from magnum shells through that 8" barrel, could cause that Aluminum brake to pull the threads forward. That would basically cross thread the thing and might destroy the threads on the barrel when you go to remove it. That won't be covered under Tromix warranty.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Aluminum? That thing is good for a paintball gun maybe bmx part?

its to home grown on daddy's harbor freight drill press :unsure:

Post deleted due to rules violation

Advertising here on the Saiga 12 forum is available!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=17513

Welcome to the board!

i should get a chance to get out this weekend for some CHAOS field testing. after i buy some anti-seize. i will report in with my 2 cents worth.

Using anti seize is a good idea since the CHAOS is aluminum and the barrel is steel which are dissimilar metals.

I tried my Chaos brake and didn't feel much difference. I may increase the hole sizes on the top and sides and angle then back or may slot it to reduce muzzle flash. It did make the S-12 longer and I like the way it looks.

Edited by uzitiger
i should get a chance to get out this weekend for some CHAOS field testing. after i buy some anti-seize. i will report in with my 2 cents worth.

Using anti seize is a good idea since the CHAOS is aluminum and the barrel is steel which are dissimilar metals.

I tried my Chaos brake and didn't feel much difference. I may increase the hole sizes on the top and sides and angle then back or may slot it to reduce muzzle flash. It did make the S-12 longer and I like the way it looks.

i did get a chance to do a quick shoot. by quick i mean a 30 round asap dump. i used #4 heavy field load to heat things up a bit. the barrel was quite toasty,but the aluminum "flash hider" stayed cool to the touch. i actually used a few drops of hoppe's gun oil on the threads to prevent any seize. no problems there. it certainly did not act like a brake, therefore i will call it a "flash hider". i plan to over drill some of the topside holes at an angle as well to see if it will act more like a brake. maybe i will take a hack saw to it and give it some "shark teeth". oh wait, someone already made on of those. i do like the overall looks of it and plan keep it on the gun, for now. :killer:

Took the chaos brand break out this Sunday, and put it through it's paces...250 rounds total of which were

50 1oz rifled hp slugs by Federal

75 OO Buck rounds from Wolf, Federal, and Remy

25 #4 buck Turkey loads...of which were ridiculously HOT!!

100 rounds of AA heavy target 1300fps stuff..(black box)

Happy to say it help up expertly....It is NOT a COMP, or Break...read, is NOT..and actually really is not much for Flash hiding ...is NOT..

Bottom line..it is something to screw on your threaded barrel, that looks more tacticool than the thread protector...and is of somewhat actual quality for the price. No issues with the threads, and as another posted noted...after the first 3 AGP mags I ran thru it...and with the barrel baking..The chaos was actually cool enough to hold on to it for a few seconds without burning your hand.....does that lend anything to it's benefit..prob not...but the thing is no junk...for $40 it is something decent looking to screw on your boomstick.

god help me,

I'm actually diggin the wraithmakers triton door breacher.

TRITON_DOOR_BREACH.jpg

• 2 months later...
the saiga store . com is a good website name, but there is only 3 products available :sadam: going to be more stuff added in or ??

Yea man! Mean while please visit wraithmaker . com!

wraithmaker = saiga store = Joehilarious = chaos = Alliance Machine

For more info on the quality of the products please refer to this thread >>> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=23155

...and here are the results of the search by the IP address....

(the red squares are placed there by me to protect privacy of the members....)

3_Users.jpg

Please draw your own conclusions...

simple fact - the "wraithmaker" user name was registered from a pinncomp.com email account, which I asked Mike@Alliance to change, which he did, and reset his password, which he did. upon inquiring, I was told this was his web developer.

I find it strange how pinncomp.com are the ones selling the parts, or developing the site for, or whatever you want to call it, that Alliance makes, STILL, and yet they arent affiliated in any way. I wasnt born yesterday. Business information is not top secret, and in fact, is readily accessed.

Please dont play me for a fool, Mike Jr., or brother, or Matt, or Mark, or Joe, or whatever. You guys caused me, personally, a LOT of grief with the games, and a lot of wasted time and effort. Nevermind the HUGE HUGE fiasco that you caused here for almost a years time, culminating is a lot of unpleasantry for a number of others on this site. I thought your dad told ya to quit the b.s. games last fall?

I only speak up right now, just this once about it, to set it straight what I DO know, and why I said what I did. Note that I am NOT on staff of this site, and note that I am NOT commenting on your products, AS I AM YOUR COMPETITION NOW.

I liked the reviews of the brake on the thesaigastore page. I particularly liked the one that called it, "Metrosexual"

The "Brake" as designed is not a "brake" as it lacks large enough impingement surfaces and proper venting to help control muzzle rise or dampen recoil. Any piece of weight you hang on the end of your muzzle will dampen recoil to some degree. Duck tape a large fishing sinker to the muzzle for more effect.

The "Brake" as designed is not a flash hider of any note. The holes to defuse the escaping gas are way too small

and fail to have any real mechanism to lessen the flash. Any extension of the barrel will tend to suppress muzzle flash to some degree. Simply get a Saiga with a longer barrel or weld a piece of water pipe to the end of the muzzle for this effect.

It is definitely not a door breacher as is the Tromix device. If placed against a door the back blast would most likely peel it like a banana and destroy your muzzle threads.

This device is just a $40 thread protector, plus shipping. It has no real engineering to it whatsoever.

I just wanted to clear the air a bit if I may. We are the Web Design firm that created the new Wraithmaker site. And we do NOT have any affiliation with thesaigastore.com. At first I was concerned that another site had stolen images from our site when I read this thread. But upon my own research found this not to be the case. I could care less about the products or who's is better but the two sites are not the same company. The saiga store site is a knock off trying to get in on selling gun parts. They are the company that we replaced to do web development for Alliance Armament. My only guess is they wanted to get in on the action when they got replaced by our firm. A simple lookup of the domain name registrants would have put all these allegations to rest. See for yourself....

http://whois.domaintools.com/thesaigastore.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/alliancearmament.com

Thanks!

B2 Technology

I only speak up right now, just this once about it, to set it straight what I DO know, and why I said what I did. Note that I am NOT on staff of this site, and note that I am NOT commenting on your products, AS I AM YOUR COMPETITION NOW.

So the CGW muzzle brake will be out soon then???

And wil be steel and not aluminum!

Edited by Will
I just wanted to clear the air a bit if I may. We are the Web Design firm that created the new Wraithmaker site. And we do NOT have any affiliation with thesaigastore.com. At first I was concerned that another site had stolen images from our site when I read this thread. But upon my own research found this not to be the case. I could care less about the products or who's is better but the two sites are not the same company. The saiga store site is a knock off trying to get in on selling gun parts. They are the company that we replaced to do web development for Alliance Armament. My only guess is they wanted to get in on the action when they got replaced by our firm. A simple lookup of the domain name registrants would have put all these allegations to rest. See for yourself....

Thanks!

B2 Technology

....Here we go again......................

...A simple lookup of the domain name registrants would have put all these allegations to rest. See for yourself....

Thanks!

B2 Technology

Thank You B2 Technology. If I undersood you correctly, the new name for Wraithmaker is Alliance Armament.

Wraithmaker = Alliance Armament

.....A simple lookup of the domain name registrants would have put all these allegations to rest. See for yourself....

Yeah, thanks, been there.

The allegation is that the companies are involved, which you confirm that they have been.

Just curious, what brings you to our happy little part of the Internet to set this matter straight??? I mean, you have no interest in the products, or assumable Saigas.

Seems kind of removed from the possibility of happenstance...

.....A simple lookup of the domain name registrants would have put all these allegations to rest. See for yourself....

Yeah, thanks, been there.

The allegation is that the companies are involved, which you confirm that they have been.

Just curious, what brings you to our happy little part of the Internet to set this matter straight??? I mean, you have no interest in the products, or assumable Saigas.

Seems kind of removed from the possibility of happenstance...

First Wraithmaker is a product of Alliance Armament's so I guess yes they are the same? It is there flagship product at the moment so don't confuse the two one is just a product of the company.

Second of all I only was asked by Alliance if SaigaStore had stolen or used any of our content and at that point was brought up to speed about the two sites being the same company or in any way affiliated with each other. Which I have and will continue to say they are not because I know who we do work for. I would have an issue if Alliance had another web developer working on a sister site that we were unaware of. I am a gun enthusiast and am interested by the semi auto assault shotguns on the market though. I will say no more of this issue because for one I don't need to and 2 I really don't care if anyone buys from SaigaStore or not since its not my client.

Edited by B2-Technology

who is we? who is you? you are soliciting an ad here as a vendor, and violate site policy.

I am sure the boss would appreciate a COMPANY CARD at this point, with this issue. I am sure if you dont have anything to hide, that you will provide it for 100/month.

• 2 weeks later...