Flash Suppressor Preference

Flash Suppressor  

44 members have voted

1. 1. We are planing our next production 7.62, which would you like to see on it?

• Vortex AK-47/AKM Flash Suppressor
    • AK-74 Style Muzzle Brake
    • threaded barrel w/ thread protector

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the bushing that comes with Kreb's AK74 style brake, thats supposed to be welded onto the end of the barrel? What threads does Kreb's brake have? Looking for a 14-1 LH to whatever Kreb's threading adapter :)

I don't know? your best bet will be to ask krebs.

post-9412-1204065270_thumb.jpg

For the bushing that comes with Kreb's AK74 style brake, thats supposed to be welded onto the end of the barrel? What threads does Kreb's brake have? Looking for a 14-1 LH to whatever Kreb's threading adapter :)

Screw the guns and muzzle brakes, who is that girl?

Krebs adapter are 14-1LH x 24 mm, were do you saw it is welded?

Edited by vjor

Thought bushings were threaded only on one side if threaded at all?

Edited by jamesavery22

Thought bushings were threaded only on one side if threaded at all?

I have a krebs 74 brake and adapter. Its threaded on both sides.

Heres a ? for you guys. On my saige3 the front sight assy comes to the end of the barrel. I purchased the slip on/bolt down end to be able to put on any threaded 14:1 setup but it doesn't fit over the trunnion . How or what can I do to get it to work?

can you re-phrase the question. I am not sure what you are asking.

74 break... they work great.

....but only if they're designed after the real mccoy. The one pictured is only good for a 922r satisfying muzzle device (although I guess it would add some weight to the front of the rifle).

A 'real' AK74 brake has an expansion chamber and staggered ports around the circumference. The above item only resembles a "real" Ak74 brake, with a very small percentage of the function of an actual '74 brake. It is also smaller than the actual AK74 brake.

Actual AK74 brakes.

DSCF0007.jpgDSCF010.jpg

Muzzle adapters are used to attach these to 14x1LH threads. These adapters are sold alongside the correct US made clones.

How about the threaded one that Dinzag sells (I ordered it)? I'm a noobie to this stuff so... I've had quite a bit of experience with m16's and it's a top priority to get the most effective compensator that I can. So It'd be great if you could point me in that right direction.

74 break... they work great.

....but only if they're designed after the real mccoy. The one pictured is only good for a 922r satisfying muzzle device (although I guess it would add some weight to the front of the rifle).

A 'real' AK74 brake has an expansion chamber and staggered ports around the circumference. The above item only resembles a "real" Ak74 brake, with a very small percentage of the function of an actual '74 brake. It is also smaller than the actual AK74 brake.

Actual AK74 brakes.

DSCF0007.jpgDSCF010.jpg

Muzzle adapters are used to attach these to 14x1LH threads. These adapters are sold alongside the correct US made clones.

How about the threaded one that Dinzag sells (I ordered it)? I'm a noobie to this stuff so... I've had quite a bit of experience with m16's and it's a top priority to get the most effective compensator that I can. So It'd be great if you could point me in that right direction.

If you have any questiong about Dinzag's work, just ask him. he is on the board.

As for what is best, its is all about what you want to achieve. reduce felt recoil, reduce muzzle climb, reduce flash. And what you want to spend.

If you have any questions about Dinzag's work, just ask him. he is on the board.

As for what is best, its is all about what you want to achieve. reduce felt recoil, reduce muzzle climb, reduce flash. And what you want to spend.

Yeah I guess I could do that, I'm a total newbie to the Saiga thing, and it seems like Dinzag has a really good rep and does great work. But I just kinda wanted a second opinion ya know? So any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated. What I'm looking for is a dramatic decrease in muzzle rise 1st, and 2nd less felt recoil. I don't really care about muzzle flash, I just want to be able to take very rapid and accurate follow up shots. Price is flexible.

What I'm looking for is a dramatic decrease in muzzle rise 1st, and 2nd less felt recoil. I don't really care about muzzle flash, I just want to be able to take very rapid and accurate follow up shots. Price is flexible.

Not sure about "dramatic", but a quality clone of the Russian Ak74 muzzle brake will help with both (or if your parts count is amenable, use a surplus East German, Bulgarian or Russian one).

Edited by nalioth

I go with a E-TAC brake on my .223 no muzzle raise. Not cheap

a lot less recoil.

On the AK 74 style Ak-usa and krebs make good stuff.

I may thing in giving wakal a Pm or call to see if he can make a brake

on 14-1 LH threats of his brake here you can look at his brake http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/parts.htm

latter on in my little life.

Edited by vjor
Heres a ? for you guys. On my saige3 the front sight assy comes to the end of the barrel. I purchased the slip on/bolt down end to be able to put on any threaded 14:1 setup but it doesn't fit over the trunnion . How or what can I do to get it to work?

can you re-phrase the question. I am not sure what you are asking.

Was tired so erase "trunnion" and insert "sight block" too much plowing not enough sleep!

Ignore what I posted before. I ended up just buying a 14x1 die setup from DPH and threading the barrel. It was much easier except that you would think that for $50 you would get the handle to hold the die also, but Nope. Even after I cut the front sleeve off of the site block it wouldn't slide over it so it got threaded, Much better anyway. I also lucked out when doing my trigger conversion . When I took off the plate the correct trigger holes were already factory made :smoke:

Edited by streetfrog

Hello, Vjor

My apologies if this is hijacking, but I got the following from the J-Tac folks about producing one in 24x1.5mm threading (for my Red Jacket AK-47 pistol)

Hi Paul,

The 24mm version is on the "to do" list - but it keeps getting bumped down

for other projects. I would like to say I have an idea when we might do it

- but truthfully I would have thought we would have done it by now.

The best I can offer is to create an account on the website and select

"notify me of new products" - and you will be notified when we finally get

it done.

Sorry I can't offer more. Please let me know if you have any more questions

and have a great weekend.

Todd Tuttle

Primary Weapons Systems

www.primaryweapons.com

(208) 344-5217

So, if anybody else may be interested, drop 'em a line and maybe enough interest will get the ball rollin'...

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

a lot less recoil.

on 14-1 LH threats of his brake here you can look at his brake http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/parts.htm

Hello, Vjor

My apologies if this is hijacking, but I got the following from the J-Tac folks about producing one in 24x1.5mm threading (for my Red Jacket AK-47 pistol)

Hi Paul,

it done.

Todd Tuttle

Primary Weapons Systems

www.primaryweapons.com

(208) 344-5217

So, if anybody else may be interested, drop 'em a line and maybe enough interest will get the ball rollin'...

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

a lot less recoil.

Brother , The J-TAC brake has a problem the chamber is to small to accomplish

full what is supposed to do, The brake that I have was made by E-TAC http://www.ipscgun.com/default.asp

that is Esteban from Hawaii and was made to specs, is not just a drop in muzzle brake like a lot of

commercial brakes it have to be run with a muzzle brake reamer cause close tolerances on the holes

on the baffles plus the chamber are big to accomplish recoil and muzzle jump control. Must commercial

brakes out there the holes on the baffles are to over size loosing complete control over recoil and

muzzle jump and the chambers are to small to do the same. I will say E-TAC brake will tame

any beast out there but like I say it have to be align with the bore with a Muzzle brake reamer

to make sure the bullets passes true the brake no problems but that is what a good brake

supposed to be, until U try one made like that is hard for people to really notice how recoil

can be manage to like of a .22 and no muzzle jump at all.

Now talking about other brake, Alex wakal makes one that I will try to get for

a 7.62x39 but still talking to wakal and see what can be done, cause its brake

is made for the AR15 and some stuff have to be change.

Like I say is muzzle brakes and Muzzle brakes out there.

Carlo.

Note to self:

FINISH cup of coffee at 5:30 AM prior to posting replies........D'oh!

guido2 in Houston

Hello, Vjor

Hi Paul,

it done.

Todd Tuttle

Primary Weapons Systems

www.primaryweapons.com

(208) 344-5217

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

a lot less recoil.

I hope that I am not speaking out of line for Tony at Tromix, but here is an email conversation the two of us had. I might be moving to NY within the year and do not want to thread my barrel.

Sometimes you do not know until you ask....

QUOTE ME

Tony, I love your Shark Brake more than anything else but I do not want to chop and thread my barrell. Do you have any plans to release a brake that would fit over the existing "sleeve" of a Saiga barrell. It would be nice to have something that could be pinned and soldered onto the rifle.

Take your time responding...lol, it is not like I have many other options when it comes to such a unique brake!

Best regards,

Moxie

QUOTE Tony

Yes, I can make you a smooth one, that you can bond in place using LocTite #620 Bearing mount. It will not come off. I need you to measure your barrel and give me the diameter to the closest 1,000ths.

Tony

I really like the idea of a slide over style brake for my S.308. a pin or a set screw or something. I know I can rent the stuff and do it myself but I still have to send the front sight to him so it can be bored out in order to do the threading. I don't want to be without my rifle for that long. There are stocks out there that give you apistol grip without moving the trigger guard. I might be a wuss but the damn thing shoots just fine out of the box. I need one Us part to make me happy. If I add a muzzle brake and it is a US part then I am still OK right?

I really like the idea of a slide over style brake for my S.308. a pin or a set screw or something. I know I can rent the stuff and do it myself but I still have to send the front sight to him so it can be bored out in order to do the threading. I don't want to be without my rifle for that long. There are stocks out there that give you apistol grip without moving the trigger guard. I might be a wuss but the damn thing shoots just fine out of the box. I need one Us part to make me happy. If I add a muzzle brake and it is a US part then I am still OK right?

Any US part you add (that did not come with the rifle) will be fine. Just make sure you are in compliance if you use non-factory higher-capacity magazines.

It's the barrel that needs threading, not the front sight block.

yes, I understand that but the sight needs to be bored out so it will reside further back on the barrel. according to the instructions. I am working on getting at least one part so I can use the surefire mags. I was told the gun was compliant but it is not. I have the 8 rounder until I get a gas piston made in the US.

Edited by Indy4570