• 2 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys. Just PM me or shoot an email to Gamonman@Hotmail.com to order a CD. They are $9.99 shipped in the US. I've added a lot of stuff over the years (2 years lol), mostly just more short movies.

Cobra 76 two, let me know if you want an updated version. I appreciate you mentioning me in your 12ga conversion tutorial. I'll send it to you for free of course. You know what you're doing already but maybe there's some movies on there you would like.

Thanks guys. Just PM me or shoot an email to Gamonman@Hotmail.com to order a CD. They are $9.99 shipped in the US. I've added a lot of stuff over the years (2 years lol), mostly just more short movies.

Cobra 76 two, let me know if you want an updated version. I appreciate you mentioning me in your 12ga conversion tutorial. I'll send it to you for free of course. You know what you're doing already but maybe there's some movies on there you would like.

Cool man thanks. I'll PM you with my address.

• 1 month later...

This is a short letter I wrote to eBay when the new president, Bill Cobb asked for feedback. I'm not the best writer in the world but at least I tried to communicate with the policy makers. I encourage you to do so as well.

Hello Mr. Bill Cobb. Thank you for offering this chance to express myself as a consumer and a buyer, I'll get right to the point. Since eBay has ended the right to sell perfectly legal firearm information, parts, and accessories I have not been a patron. My sales of LEGAL information about firearm COSMETICS were banned for no reason besides the fact that some officials or share holders didn't like it. (AOL?) I do not appreciate the implication that anything having to do with what eBay calls an "assault rifle" is bad or illegal. Not only are those rifles legal, but they are also not classified as "assault rifles".

I was selling CDs which explained gunsmithing techniques for LEGAL rifles. Rifles that are legal EVEN UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW. Because the term "AK-47" was in the description my CDs were banned immediately. There is simply no other term for the civilian version of the LEGAL rifle besides "AK-47". Not only were the CDs for COSMETIC purposes, but they also held a lot of legal information that firearm owners need in order to comply with federal and state regulations.

I was making money as was eBay selling these LEGAL CDs, and I will never return to eBay until this ban of the so-called "assault rifles", and any information having to do with them is lifted. When you read this letter please take into consideration the million or so customers who agree with me. Other auction sites for firearm related items have had much success since the eBay ban. I think it's great, but I'd also like to see eBay recognize the legal rights of their customers and try not to discriminate.

Thank you for your time,

A formerly happy customer.

Here is the email I recieved from Bill Cobb billcobb@ebay.com .

A Message from Bill Cobb

Since becoming the President of eBay North America in December, I've spent a lot of time listening to you, our Community. There's a lot on your minds right now. I've been taking it all in and thinking hard about how we can make sure eBay remains a fun, safe place to trade, and a prosperous home for our many dedicated sellers.

One of the issues I've heard a lot about is our recent fee increases, particularly the increase in Store Inventory Format final value fees. I've also heard concerns about customer support, the amount of change we make to the site on a regular basis, and trust and safety. We're listening to everything you have to say.

eBay has become a hugely successful marketplace as a result of the innovation, enthusiasm and hard work of our Community. The site has also become more complex as it has grown to meet many of your needs. So our challenge is to keep pace with the Community's changing requirements, while preserving the things that make eBay so special. With that in mind, I'd like to give you a preview of some upcoming changes for the United States and Canada.

eBay has a fantastic Customer Support team, but Meg and I agree we haven't invested enough in giving our CS reps the flexibility and tools they need to really take care of you. So, to start, within the next 90 days, we'll shut down most of our automated email responses. Our users will get a "real" e-mail response to their questions - you'll hear from a human being who will try to help you with your problem or question right off the bat. We will only use auto responses to acknowledge receipt of spam or policy violation reports.

We also think the time has come to expand phone support. Currently phone support is available only to Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium PowerSellers. Starting April 1, all eBay Stores owners also will have access to phone support. We'll provide details on the benefits of phone support to Stores owners soon.

We know pricing is a critical issue for our sellers. While we stand behind our decision to increase final value fees on Store Inventory Format listings - because they make sense for items that list with insertion fees of two cents - I know this increase has been difficult for some of our sellers. To reward our eBay Stores sellers, we'll be crediting $15.95 - a month's Basic Stores subscription - in May to all sellers who operated an eBay Store for the month of April. Stores owners will receive more details on this soon.

We also want to do something for the rest of our sellers. I'm happy to announce that effective at midnight tonight, eBay.com and eBay.ca will reduce minimum insertion fees for Auction-Style listings, Fixed Price, Motors Non-Vehicle and B&I non-Capital Equipment Categories from 30 cents to 25 cents (CA$0.35 to CA$0.30). eBay Germany has always used this pricing, and users there have benefited from higher conversion rates on items with lower starting bids.

One of the great things about eBay is the candor and passion of our Community. Your input keeps this company focused on what's right and important. Later this month, I'll be hosting an online meeting to hear more from you. You'll see more details on the Announcement Board soon. And I'll periodically post notes like this one to talk about issues of importance to all of us.

eBay has never stopped listening to our users and we never will. I know many of you already have Meg's e-mail address and frequently send her messages about things you care about. I hope you will do the same with me. My e-mail address is billcobb@ebay.com. I promise I'll read every e-mail. And most of all, I'll listen.

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb

President

eBay North America

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow, I haven't been around in a long time. I finally landed a job building rifles part-time, and I'm not burned out on it, I just don't always want to talk about it like before. A couple of guys have contacted me recently about the CDs so I thought I'd peek around in here and see what's been going on. I really appreciate you guys who've mentioned my username and reccomended the CD. Let's keep the Saiga name out there and educate as many as possible on it's potential!

hi guy;

i bought a cd from you some time ago and, frankly i forgot to get back to you about it, my cd was empty except for file headers. each file was empty and i only got a couple of the interesting videos.

i had planned to get back with you at the time, but got sidetracked and never did, seeing this thread tonight tickled my memory and after a few moments i figured out why.

pat

Wow, I'm sorry about that. I don't know what could've gone wrong but send me your info and I'll get you a good one immediately. You should've told me right away! I don't know how long ago that was but I did have to replace my burner some time back. Maybe that was the problem? In any case I'll get one to you and thoroughly check the new ones.

BTW have you considered zipping up the whole kaboodle and putting it on the web to download with a password?

If I knew how I would definately do that. I have some great footage of a firearms class I took where we fired LOTS of various full-auto rifles and subguns from all eras and origins. It just won't fit on the CD.

BTW have you considered zipping up the whole kaboodle and putting it on the web to download with a password?

If I knew how I would definately do that. I have some great footage of a firearms class I took where we fired LOTS of various full-auto rifles and subguns from all eras and origins. It just won't fit on the CD.

DVD bro, DVDs , hey bro I got one of your CDs long time ago

and it is nice and usefull as it can be.

Edited by vjor
  • 2 months later...
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.