Anyone use this on their gun?

I've got a sinlge rail one sitting around the house somewhere. I had it on the rifle for about a month and got sick of having to make scope adjustments every time I went to the range. I can't speak for everyone here but mine would move from left to right because number one, the hole in the back was too wide, and number 2, it didn't really fit snuggly to the receiver. That said, I used the handle of a screw driver to beat on the sides of the thing till I had to force it on the receiver. It didn't have much trouble holding zero after that but it didn't matter because I had already gotten a proper mount from Belarus

this is a replacement for the action cover, comes with mount built into it i guess, has anyone used this on their gun? i'm curious, b/c its cheap and would work for a red dot....

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=408101

I had one and it didnt work. One of the rails protruded over the ejection port, causing the ejected brass to hit it and deflect the casing back down into the action, causing it to jam. I removed the offending rail which fixed the jamming problem, but I couldnt get it to hold any kind of zero with my reflex sight. It just isnt solid enough to provide a stable optic mount.

I just ordered this one

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=557

should be in tomorrow or the day after.. will be testing it with a red dot on friday..

I bought the same one. I like it and it has held zero well. It looks a little funny because it brings the optic up pretty high above the reciever, but I find that it actually makes aiming easier, I dont have to squash my cheek down onto the stock to get a proper sight picture. It is ideal for my reflex sight, I can keep my head upright and maintain good peripheral vision with both eyes open while firing. I like being able to still use the iron sights if necessary.

I just ordered this one

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=557

should be in tomorrow or the day after.. will be testing it with a red dot on friday..

I bought the same one. I like it and it has held zero well. It looks a little funny because it brings the optic up pretty high above the reciever, but I find that it actually makes aiming easier, I dont have to squash my cheek down onto the stock to get a proper sight picture. It is ideal for my reflex sight, I can keep my head upright and maintain good peripheral vision with both eyes open while firing. I like being able to still use the iron sights if necessary.

Well that is the high-profile model.. there is a low profile which brings it right up to the receiver... the high profile one allows the use of ironsights and optics.. which is great for close and long range use...