• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just prior to 1st test flight of new toy:

post-10188-1205681320_thumb.jpg

Surplus OH-58C. No, I don't have THAT kinda money; I maintain two of them (A&P).

Oh man, let me know when she's ready, we can go underfly some wires and terrorize the countryside.

That picture is from March of 2005 so it has been flying for some time! Currently down for latch bolt AD and annual.

You would find we are a rather conservative bunch in our flying - live longer that way!!

That picture is from March of 2005 so it has been flying for some time! Currently down for latch bolt AD and annual.

You would find we are a rather conservative bunch in our flying - live longer that way!!

Yeah, most civilian types are!! :rolleyes:

J/K

Actually if you bought it in 04-05, I may have flown that bad boy in flight school!

You'll have to define conservative..... Different worlds I guess. Most of the pilots in my unit say I'm conservative, because I've got a personal hard deck of 40 ft. under NVG's. (Greater than 100 Kts) Is that what you had in mind?

Edited by shaneman153a
I am not norman.

I am Irish!

My most profound apologies. Only an Irishman would be as litterate or as artistic as a pre-Norman Saxon. More than happy to make your acquaintance and to share membership with you on this forum!

AH the SCA!!! It's been so long since I played I neglected to mention as one of my hobbies. Greetings from The Barony of NorthKeep Ansteorra Live the Dream

Yeah, most civilian types are!! :rolleyes:

J/K

Two of the three pilots are civilian types. One is an ex helicopter crop duster (there's a real conservative, safe job!!) who now flys the governor around. The fellow who's back is to the camera in posted picture, owner of "ship #2, got his rotor category ticket in the turbine (MOST folks start in a recip) and the third is former snake driver and test pilot in Nam. He has some interesting stories - like the VC that shot a SAM at his Huey (and missed, his 2nd and FINAL mistake!!).

Actually if you bought it in 04-05, I may have flown that bad boy in flight school!

Doubt it. Ship came from the Prk but had been stored some years by a PD there. Prior to that it was CO NG. Ship #1 came from 101st Airborn and flew in Desert Storm - we got it in 98.

You'll have to define conservative..... Different worlds I guess. Most of the pilots in my unit say I'm conservative, because I've got a personal hard deck of 40 ft. under NVG's. (Greater than 100 Kts) Is that what you had in mind?

Kinda different - Uncle Sam pays for breakage on your toys...... Ain't got folks shooting at us, either! 'Course, we don't back Apaches into trees or learn about "settling with power" like the guys preping for Kosovo.......

As for the boats, we never killed OUR driver! Just broke one's back - but he recovered. Seems the jet boat kinda came apart on the big end.......

There was a time when a hydro could get you dead REAL EASY, too.

It's been 20 years since I have been on a dirt bike, (sold my 85 YZ490 in '87) I am back in the saddle and as aggressive as ever. Bikes have come a LONG way in 20 years. This is my 2005 Suzuki RMX-450 sporting an '06 Yoshimura motor and RG3 suspension.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

RM-Z450b.jpg

This just prior to 1st test flight of new toy:

post-10188-1205681320_thumb.jpg

Surplus OH-58C. No, I don't have THAT kinda money; I maintain two of them (A&P). The one pictured is the second ship we got certified by FAA as experimental exhibition.

I am "retired" from racing - Super Latemodel, Limited Hydroplanes, Top Fuel boats (Hydro & Jet- former world record holder).

Extra Class Ham.

Oh well, you get the idea......

That bird is AWESOME! IIRC, A and C variants could be visually recognized by the split glass windshield in the C model?

Where'd it come from, any idea of unit history? What's it do now? Who owns it, what does it fly? Why did it need to be classed as "experimental"?

I love helicopters.

I am a musician, addicted to anything with strings. I have been playing guitar and bass since I was 14. I can tinker with the mandolin and recently acquired a banjo after pining for one for approximately a year. There's nothing better than that Appalachian sound....

I grew up listening to Bluegrass. I used to 'tinker' with the mandolin. Now, I'm totally fascinated with the drums. Neal Peart's da bomb.