Hello

My two-car woodshop is constantly fluid, giong from full-honk furniture and cabinetmaking facility, to totally overcrowded high-performance twin-cylinder motorcycle modification shop, to amateur "hack" gunbuilder/modifier (I don't even claim "smith" by any stretch....) and lately, a reloader's nest that might be OSHA's worst nightmare!

Hasn't seen a car in decades. That's what driveways are for, and that's why cars have tops on 'em. That's what I tell mah' sweetie, anyway...

I'm also a sporting dog rescuer/rehab'er, haven't had much time for that lately, but I do what I can.

Woofer, you have the RPK w/barrel mount on that sidecar? Sweet ride, man!

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

My two-car woodshop is constantly fluid, giong from full-honk furniture and cabinetmaking facility, to totally overcrowded high-performance twin-cylinder motorcycle modification shop, to amateur "hack" gunbuilder/modifier (I don't even claim "smith" by any stretch....) and lately, a reloader's nest that might be OSHA's worst nightmare!

Hasn't seen a car in decades. That's what driveways are for, and that's why cars have tops on 'em. That's what I tell mah' sweetie, anyway...

I'm also a sporting dog rescuer/rehab'er, haven't had much time for that lately, but I do what I can.

Woofer, you have the RPK w/barrel mount on that sidecar? Sweet ride, man!

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

No....don't have the machine gun mount. I guess this is the civilian version. Although I do know where to get one if I wanted to install a mount.

post-2638-1204391579_thumb.jpg

-Gotta love those Airheads!

guido, it wasn't until I had to service the carbs on my current ride (84 Honda Nighthawk CB700) that I really, really, REALLY appreciated how easy that Boxer engine is to work on. Comparably speaking, those inline 4's are a PITA!

Ironically I got the Honda when I started tearing down the r100 about 3 years ago. And when I say "started" I mean I put it in storage and took the battery out. :cryss:

I try to keep my hand in flying, but that's proving to be more and more of a problem.

I know what ya' mean. It's damned expensive, I forgot to mention that flying has been my passion since I was 6. (The year Top Gun came out) I just failed to mention it because outside of work, I haven't flown since last May. Too damn expensive. What did you fly in the service Threecard?

Here's me and mine:

najaf.jpg

I collect as many guns as money allows, guns and coins are my favorite past times.

I like Mosin Nagants and Turkish Mausers, the history behind them interests me.

guns2.jpg

Izzy-on-Top.jpg

At the time, I am concentrating on ancient coins from different countries, mainly from the Roman empire in a time line from 100 BC to 400 AD.

Very interesting hobby if you like history and holding man made items that were around when Christ walked the earth.

Here are a couple of examples, the top one is the emperor Constantine I, he is the emperor that make Christianity the official Roman religion

This coin is about dime sized and made of copper minted in the 300's AD

375e_1.jpg

The second coin is a Roman commemorative coin minted in the 300's AD that commemorates the founding of Rome in about 700 BC. 1000 years before.

This coin is in between the size of a pencil eraser and a dime in size and is made of copper also.

c54f_1.jpg

Cobra, I have an old 1947 Case SC tractor that I use around the farm, its not rebuilt, but I have done a lot of work on it and it runs well. Gotta love them old tractors.

Tinker with cars down in the shop when the bones are not hurting and I can crawl around under them.

I collect as many guns as money allows, guns and coins are my favorite past times.

I like Mosin Nagants and Turkish Mausers, the history behind them interests me.

guns2.jpg

Izzy-on-Top.jpg

At the time, I am concentrating on ancient coins from different countries, mainly from the Roman empire in a time line from 100 BC to 400 AD.

Very interesting hobby if you like history and holding man made items that were around when Christ walked the earth.

Here are a couple of examples, the top one is the emperor Constantine I, he is the emperor that make Christianity the official Roman religion

375e_1.jpg

The second coin is a Roman commemorative coin minted in the 300's AD that commemorates the founding of Rome in about 700 BC. 1000 years before.

This coin is in between the size of a pencil eraser and a dime in size and is made of copper also.

c54f_1.jpg

Cobra, I have an old 1947 Case SC tractor that I use around the farm, its not rebuilt, but I have done a lot of work on it and it runs well. Gotta love them old tractors.

Tinker with cars down in the shop when the bones are not hurting and I can crawl around under them.

Those coins are way cool!!

I used to have a coin collection a long time ago.

375e_1.jpg

c54f_1.jpg

Those coins are way cool!!

I used to have a coin collection a long time ago.

I remember when I used to think I had some really old coins with the Morgan silver dollars, which are only a hundred and some change years old. Then I discovered the ancient coins

I remember when I used to think the Egyptian Pyramids were old. Then I discovered I could pick up stone artifacts from the Native Americans (not "indians) right here in my back yard that were WAY older than that.

Waltham_41 I was just about to try and hook you up with another cool dude who collects Roman coins but I googled Muskogee and found that you live a little too close to him for it not to be YOUR OWN SELF I was about to introduce you to...lol.

If so then we've already had this discussion at length about ancient stone tools and weapons and how they are about as old as anything man made you can find....at least in America.

Does this coin look familiar? :D

post-1293-1204480175.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of some of my oldest stone artifacts I've found locally. The ones in the upper left corner are from the Clovis culture, the oldest currently known to exist here. (12,000 to 40,000 + B.P. (years before present)

I found them almost in my back yard. They were used to kill Mammoths and Mastodon by early American hunters.

post-1293-1204480128_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1204480145_thumb.jpg

In the center, (the ones with the hook shaped bases, are Hardaway points. They were the next oldest culture to Clovis. They were also found within walking distance of where I'm sitting here. They are around 10,000 years old.

Over the years I've collected just about everything that would sit still long enough....lol. From diecast cars to shark's teeth, fossils, stone tools and arrowheads (I have thousands), to other edged weapons and historic to modern firearms and ammunition, "Civil" War artifacts I found with a metal detector, coins, jewelry etc..., frisbees and discs, books, music, tools, geez...just about everything...I've raised, bred and sold animals including dogs, snakes, livestock...my interests have almost no boundries.

Hunting, fishing, taxidermy, shooting, gunsmithing, woodworking, flintknapping, collecting and studying old maps and finding long forgotten places, hiking, biking, Freestyle BMX, surfing, diving, trampolines, disc golf, hell even skydiving!

It's a wonder I ever have time to do anything with all my hobbies. It's hard to put one down to do another one.

post-1293-1204480243_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1204480334_thumb.jpg

Nice pic of the coin Cobra, wonder where you got it :rolleyes:

You do have an awesome collection of artifacts, I only wish I had some of your items. It kills me that I have lived in Oklahoma for over 40 years and spent many an hour searching and find small fossils, but never an arrowhead!

I look at us as not owners of these items, but keepers to protect them until it is time to pass them along to the next generation, who will hopefully take their job seriously and keep the fire burning so to speak.

I never mentioned this to you, but I know of one ancient coin collector that takes his trash ancient coins and sprinkles them on the beaches in Florida to screw with the metal detectorists heads LOL

You do have an awesome collection of artifacts, I only wish I had some of your items. It kills me that I have lived in Oklahoma for over 40 years and spent many an hour searching and find small fossils, but never an arrowhead!

I look at us as not owners of these items, but keepers to protect them until it is time to pass them along to the next generation, who will hopefully take their job seriously and keep the fire burning so to speak.

I never mentioned this to you, but I know of one ancient coin collector that takes his trash ancient coins and sprinkles them on the beaches in Florida to screw with the metal detectorists heads LOL

I agree with the above statement. The lake levels here are low here but since they are on state property, you can't collect artifacts. I ask why? The lake levels will rise again and the artifacts could very well be covered with sediment. We may lose a piece of history.

Well, I sorta used to collect handmade pipes.... until my new wife cut-me-off at the knees with it.... :lolol:

Anyway, the first photo is my pipe display case (and wouldn't you friggen know it? It was my wife (then fiance) that gave this to me as a Christmas gift three years ago), the rest of the photos speak for themselves.

post-4853-1204507174_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1204507182.jpg

post-4853-1204507192_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1204507209_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1204507221_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1204507239_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1204507255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary

I agree with the above statement. The lake levels here are low here but since they are on state property, you can't collect artifacts. I ask why? The lake levels will rise again and the artifacts could very well be covered with sediment. We may lose a piece of history.

Racegal you should be in Romania where my coin partner lives. The Romanian government has decided that the artifacts made by the Romans are "cultural artifacts of the state" even though the Roman empire ceased to exist 1600 years ago, long before the country of Romania existed, and they would rather the coins and artifacts rot in the ground than let the private citizens dig them up and sell them.

Used to be every spring the farmers would plow their fields and the people would go out with metal detectors and go through the fields picking up coins.

Now there if you own a metal detector you have to register it with the police! And he said if you get caught using it you can face prison time!

Its a crazy world we live in to be sure :unsure:

I remember when I used to think the Egyptian Pyramids were old. Then I discovered I could pick up stone artifacts from the Native Americans (not "indians) right here in my back yard that were WAY older than that.

Waltham_41 I was just about to try and hook you up with another cool dude who collects Roman coins but I googled Muskogee and found that you live a little too close to him for it not to be YOUR OWN SELF I was about to introduce you to...lol.

If so then we've already had this discussion at length about ancient stone tools and weapons and how they are about as old as anything man made you can find....at least in America.

post-1293-1204480175.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of some of my oldest stone artifacts I've found locally. The ones in the upper left corner are from the Clovis culture, the oldest currently known to exist here. (12,000 to 40,000 + B.P. (years before present)

I found them almost in my back yard. They were used to kill Mammoths and Mastodon by early American hunters.

In the center, (the ones with the hook shaped bases, are Hardaway points. They were the next oldest culture to Clovis. They were also found within walking distance of where I'm sitting here. They are around 10,000 years old.

Over the years I've collected just about everything that would sit still long enough....lol. From diecast cars to shark's teeth, fossils, stone tools and arrowheads (I have thousands), to other edged weapons and historic to modern firearms and ammunition, "Civil" War artifacts I found with a metal detector, coins, jewelry etc..., frisbees and discs, books, music, tools, geez...just about everything...I've raised, bred and sold animals including dogs, snakes, livestock...my interests have almost no boundries.

Hunting, fishing, taxidermy, shooting, gunsmithing, woodworking, flintknapping, collecting and studying old maps and finding long forgotten places, hiking, biking, Freestyle BMX, surfing, diving, trampolines, disc golf, hell even skydiving!

It's a wonder I ever have time to do anything with all my hobbies. It's hard to put one down to do another one.

Cobra --

Is that a Spencer carbine?

Hell yeah man nice Stang! There used to be a yellow one a lot like that down in eastern NC. I parked my 76 beside it once and just looked up and said wow....

That Chevelle brings back bittersweet memories...The day I turned 16 my dad sold his '66 with the 396 4 speed. This was right after he let me spend a few days washing it and shining up the Cragars and tires and detailing the interior. I used to love that double trigger chrome ball shifter. I was in shock! I couldn't believe he sold it when I just knew it was gonna be my first car. (instead I ended up buying my grandmother's 68 Nova...) He was right though, with the way that baby would burn rubber in all 4 gears, I would have definitely wrapped it around something eventually. It's still one of my all time favorite cars though.

Sweet ride!

I try to keep my hand in flying, but that's proving to be more and more of a problem.

I know what ya' mean. It's damned expensive, I forgot to mention that flying has been my passion since I was 6. (The year Top Gun came out) I just failed to mention it because outside of work, I haven't flown since last May. Too damn expensive. What did you fly in the service Threecard?

Here's me and mine:

najaf.jpg

Sorry for such a late reply...I just noticed this question.

I flew a few aircraft, but I spent the vast majority flying KC-135 tankers

post-1293-1204480175.jpg

We (my brothers and sisters and I) used to find arrowheads all over my Dad's farm in Ohio. Down by the river, we'd find all kinds of fossils, from plants to trilobytes and animal footprints. Every now and then people come by and ask if it's OK if they can look around, especially after the soil is tilled (yep, some people still plow and cultivate).

Edited by Threecard

Here's me and mine:

najaf.jpg

Oh, and sweet Blackhawk picture! I've never ridden in one, but I did spend a little time in the back of a Huey and have a few similar picutres. And a little time in the back of a "Shithook" or two.

I'm told that the old Huey guys nicknamed the UH-60's "Crash Hawks". They seem to be holding their own now, I suppose.

I knew there had to be a metric shit ton of car guys on here. Every car that has been displayed is fucking awesome, though my personal favorite is the old green F-body. I've gotta get out and get some pics of my sentra, it doesn't really fit the mold of the rest of the cars posted (aside from the Scooby, BTW is that a 2.5 RS or a WRX?), but it looks pretty decent.