Just Messin Around. Hate to waste the Stock stocks

Well I have been getting quite the pile of stock butt stocks. They really arent good for anything so I started modifing one. I know it isnt 922 but, I have a gas piston, tapco G2 and a surefire mag, so I can play without worry. I have to say it feels better than any other AK stock I have used and it is way lighter. Please tell me what you think

cam1pics815.jpg

cam1pics814.jpg

cam1pics811.jpg

cam1pics812.jpg

the stock has a clean modern line to me, I like it. A cheap way to have somthing differnt.

Edited by ar15pistolpimp

ar15pistolpimp,

Great job cutting it down and overall. Believe me I know how difficult it can be.

Here is my re-model on the original Saiga buttstock. I wanted to remove the "hunting" stock appearance and make it more like an AK.

I cut one and on quarter inches off of the back as well as major surgery on the front.

What do you think?

louielouie

post-5881-1205155619_thumb.jpg

We've got a pile of about 1000 of 'em at Tromix. I'm thinking of making patio furniture out of them, or maybe a chandelier.

Maybe a huge freakin' mobile or a "wind clunk" (couldn't really call it a wind chime, I suppose).

Thanks, it's holding up fine. It's a bit lighter than a wood stock and it fits me quite well. It should count as a US made part because it is cut up and put together using US made pipe that makes up the majority of the part(I don't use it though).

LOL are you guys the ones that always have them for sale on Gunbroker?

Nope. Too much hassle to try and sell 'em.

Maybe I'll melt 'em down and cast Gary into it like Han Solo in the Carbonite...

louielouie,

Almost perfect. I am doing the same thing, except, I want to fill in the top of the stock to make it look like an AR stock.

What did you use for filler. I am melting the parts I cut off and other stocks I have for filler.

ar15pistolpimp,

Great job cutting it down and overall. Believe me I know how difficult it can be.

Here is my re-model on the original Saiga buttstock. I wanted to remove the "hunting" stock appearance and make it more like an AK.

I cut one and on quarter inches off of the back as well as major surgery on the front.

What do you think?

louielouie

post-5881-1205155619_thumb.jpg

We've got a pile of about 1000 of 'em at Tromix. I'm thinking of making patio furniture out of them, or maybe a chandelier.

Bob please keep your parts count in mind if you do this; the use of more then 10 Siaga stocks in any US made furniture or chandelier could be a violation of 922R.

louielouie,

Almost perfect. I am doing the same thing, except, I want to fill in the top of the stock to make it look like an AR stock.

What did you use for filler. I am melting the parts I cut off and other stocks I have for filler.

oldandslow,

I used a chopped fiberglass resin mix to fill about the first half of the stock. I plan to fill the back half with expanding foam when I get around to it.

I needed the fiberglass to give me a surface that I could contour the way I wanted.

Here are a couple of closer photos of the buttstock.

louielouie

post-5881-1205243291_thumb.jpgpost-5881-1205243455_thumb.jpg

LMAO @ Bob! :lolol:

Man you are just too much sometimes....hahahahahahahaha patio furniture!... :lolol: Han Solo... :lol::lolol::cryss:

Tom here's one I shortened 1 1/4" for Aethelbert last year. He says it feels much better to him now.

Tricky part was re using the butt plate and threaded back end and trying to keep it looking factory original but shorter. Had to take some out of the center and plastic weld it back together lengthwise and width.

post-1293-1205243862_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205243885_thumb.jpg

Well I have been getting quite the pile of stock butt stocks. They really arent good for anything so I started modifing one. I know it isnt 922 but, I have a gas piston, tapco G2 and a surefire mag, so I can play without worry. I have to say it feels better than any other AK stock I have used and it is way lighter. Please tell me what you think

cam1pics815.jpg

cam1pics814.jpg

cam1pics811.jpg

cam1pics812.jpg

the stock has a clean modern line to me, I like it. A cheap way to have somthing differnt.

Nice slippers ar15pistolpimp!! LOL

But seriously.. I hate wasting stuff to.. As you said, they are light, so maybe some type of storage could be used..I might try cuttting the cleaning kit flap off my old sks stock and incorporate it into one of my old ones for my x39... Either that or make a lamp out it...