This has to be the best firearms forum out there. It is that way for many reasons.

First of all, the main focus is specifically Saiga firearms. Honestly, there really is no other reason to come here. There is no other place that has a combined expertise of this specific weapon. Even ar15dotcom can't say they specialize in a specific weapon, as there are so many ar-15 manufacturers of varying specs that you really can't give a general opinion on the type of weapon. Even then they have so many subforums that there exists so many different cliques(for lack of a better term) that there seems to be no real "community" at all.

Right here in this forum, the focus is specific, the arms come from one source, and the sense of "community" is so strong that it seems that I know people that I have never even seen.

Right here in this forum, all the expertise that exists for this weapon is available to anyone who visits. Everyone here is a fan of this specific brand of arm, and although varying in caliber and gauge, the platform is generally the same, and the result is a wealth of information so diverse and vast that anyone who frequents this forum can literally become an expert on the weapon after their second conversion of a saiga.

Right here in this forum consists the absolute epitome of this firearms market, and it has spawned all new things for this specific brand of firearm that have come to pass, and that will expand this market to many others. Saigas are catching on very fast, and the products targeted at us, birthed in this very forum are almost completely responsible for it.

Tony Rumore has become the most prolific smith on the saiga due to this very forum. The saiga is catching on in competition, and Tony is the guy that the pros are getting their shit from. Tony is also responsible for bringing parts for the saiga to the market that help expand our community. This forum is responsible for helping him do that.

Mike Davidson is bringing the once "not-to-be-spoken-of" product that will blow the Saiga 12 market wide open, the MD20 20 round drum. Mike's dedication to bring a quality product to us was probably the result of our demanding nature. He saw that market RIGHT HERE IN THIS FORUM, and we will all benefit from it. He has provided us with all the information along the way, and he is finding ways to over-build this product to ensure our happiness. Mike , like Tony, is a part of this forum. Get it? Mike is scared that we would crucify him if he put out a shitty product so he did everything to make this product THE BEST it could be. :haha: Just kidding....... Mike seems to have a demanding nature, and it is for our benefit. Mike has more ideas for the saiga that I am sure will come to fruition. All because of this forum.

It is Tony and Mike's example that should be followed. They know us, they know this forum, and they make superior products because of THIS FORUM. Do not forget what happens to those who bring shitty products to THIS market...<cough> wraithmaker <cough>

Other than all of this, this is the only forum I come to just to share information. When I think about it, I have given a lot of advice here and I can do so because I learned it all here anyway.

Everyone here can remember their first conversion, and maybe they felt a little sketchy about trying it. Of course, after you do it it doesn't seem like it was a big deal. You don't even know why you thought it would be hard to do in the first place. Because of the information in this forum, you learned how to do it, and became proficient in your knowledge to do it again, and again, and again..... :smoke:

I don't know about you all, but I consider myself extremely knowledgeable on the Saiga platform. I have enough confidence in that to provide advice to others. I am always trying to convert someone to the saiga weapon(pun intended).

Maybe its the beer talkin', but I owe it all to this forum. Thinking about that, it reminds me that I haven't made a $$$ contribution in a while, but I will rectify that lapse right now. :smoke:

Everyone who feels the same should also do so now....if you haven't already. :angel:

Edited by headshot

well,

I have to admit this forum is active

Informal, fun,

people help each other, sometimes they kick each other and it's fun to watch.

What I have enjoyed is the information for whatever you wanted to know is there, all you have to do is look for it.

As forums go (not just gun forums) there is a nice um,,.. group here.

It's GREAT!!

These are some of the reason's I became a contributor and check here almost every day!!

It's kinda wierd, I only came here originally to find out why my friends Saiga 762x39 wouldn't feed with military mags.

Mind you I "was" a hardcore AR15 shooter, still love the gun but there is so much more here to like. Since I arived I quietly browsed all the boards learning what I could and slowly developing an obsession for the Saiga and all the versatility it has. I have been looking pretty hard now for a .308 and 12g and plan on customizing them. There is a gunshow in two weeks and I find myself at work every hour I can be here working overtime just to hopefully be able to locate and purchase my 2 new toys.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for giving me yet another vice, damn!

-E

:smoke:

Yep, I first found this site looking for info on a PSL. I saw a couple of the guys' conversions and assumed the guns had to cost in excess of 1k. 3 months later found a NIB S-12 for $360 OTD, bought it, and have been straight addicted ever since. Great forum, it's had it's ups and downs, but the mods and the members weed out the garbage.

I think this is the best piece of cyherspace there is. I found this place while recovering from a shattered leg and a broken collarbone. I had a NIB S-12 that I hadn't even shot yet, and decided to do a web search on it, found this space and "made myself to home".

+1, This site is the one and only place to get comprehensive info on Saigas. And it manages to bring together disparate people who share at least one common interest.

Me being me, I'm 180 degrees out from many here, but I still participate.

It was a good day for me when I found this S-12 Forum.......... I'd heard somewhere about an AK shotgun, and after a bit of poking around, landed here !! Having never seen an S-12 except in pictures, a few days later, found myself knocking on Tony Rumore's door in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma........and the rest is history !

I've made great friends here, and learned so much............., and you just can't get this kind of entertainment anywhere else !!! B)

I think I've been to every active gun web site out there, excluding gattling guns, flintlocks, blunderbuses ... well you get the idea. I agree. This board is my favorite. We bicker a bit, but most of it is good natured, or well deserved.

I still have a LOT to learn, but I've picked up a lot for the guys and gals on this board. The sharing of knowledge is impressive. We are growing by leaps and bounds, but I hope we can keep this forum a civil, fun and informative place to visit (well, maybe not always civil).

Besides, I've never gotten a warning here. I can't say that about the SKS Survivors board, a place I used to visit.

WJ