Christ has risen...WITH A VEPR !!!

A metal projection is strategically placed in the end of the chamber that ensures that the next shell is going to be positively feed into the chamber.

post-5578-1209501748_thumb.jpg

A bullet guide for the shotty! Any chance of getting a closeup pic of this? Thanks

Joe I have no doubt the finish is better on your vespr than came on my saiga. When a can of auto parts engine enamel IMPROVES the finish on a firearm not much can be said for the original finish. The keyword you used was RELIABILITY. The design and concept of both shotguns are proven and simple. If anything with the extra features of last round bolt hold open and bolt release mechanisms the extra complexity would make RELIABILITY more suspect on your VEPR.

Feature for feature your VEPR is exactly what we all want our SAIGA 12 to be. Hopefully soon we can have the mag well, last round bold hold open, quick bolt release too. HOPING SOOOOOON Mike and Shannon :) If someone could figure out the stable hinged cover then the feature set is complete. I guess in my mind it is kind of like hot rodding, taking a stock car and improving it until it competes with a higher end vehicle. So I guess I am striving for a VEPR huh?

Does it use the same magazines as the Saiga?

Try this, resolution should be litlee bit better. Next time promise to tale more pictures of bullet guide...

post-5578-1209562171_thumb.jpg

A metal projection is strategically placed in the end of the chamber that ensures that the next shell is going to be positively feed into the chamber.

post-5578-1209501748_thumb.jpg

A bullet guide for the shotty! Any chance of getting a closeup pic of this? Thanks

makes me not want to get a saiga knowing that the VEPR 12 exists. I've got a VEPR-K so I'm spoiled by the quality of the finish, manufacture, and the stupidly awesome RPK receiver. when playing around with a saiga 12 recently the differences are obvious and significant as compared to VEPR standards. sigh. :( not like we have any choice here though.

Does it use the same magazines as the Saiga?

It is worth to note that Vepr 12 shotguns can use both proprietary 8-round magazines and Saiga 12 magazines, but Vepr magazines will not work in Saiga 12.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh33-e.htm

Hmmm interesting..on my S-12 with the Russian magwell installed, I can insert the new style Russian 8 rdr and even the unmodified Saiga 5 rdrs, but the regular 8 rd mags won't quite fit...

The AGPs fit great if I grind off the front locking lug and top screw boss on the front.

Nice shottie Joe!

Yes hopefully soon we will have most of those options over here too....a little different in design, but the same function.

It would be nice to get all that without having to buy anything extra or do any extra work though. The factory AK sights and HGs are a plus, hinged topcover, lower rail, cool new orthpedic grip, wire folder, thicker receiver, better finish, enhanced gas system (I'm still curious how that works...)....overall a very nice AK shotgun! Dammit I want one!!!

• 3 months later...