Another Saiga supplier

I posted that the importer here in the UK carries not only the 8 round magazines that seem so hard to find in the US but also the whole range of Saiga shotguns and rifles but as it was in an obscure post thought it might be helpful to start a topic so that any who are looking for these things have a source. I did get a pm asking about them as their website does make it seem that they are "trade only". I can say that they WILL sell to US customers direct, they are helpful and very approachable. Their website is www.decadefirearms.com so good luck!

I'll post a picture of what we can have over here in the forum once I have the final version. Might make you guys jealous as, if all goes well, it may well be the SWAT style shown elsewhere on this forum but with a 24" barrel (which is the legal minimum here). Should have the new style magazine feed ramp, a weaver style mount (though as I have one of the PK-AV red dot sights already this isn't such a big plus) and of course a nice pistol grip.

Don't get too depressed with the rules and regs you have; believe me, compared to the restrictions that we have here, they are very much less. Not to say you don't have grounds for complaint......just that there are places with more restictions even than California. Happy shooting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Aaaaah. . .not for nuthin', but do you see that importer's stamp on your Saiga, and every other imported gun you own? The BATFE is kinda funny about wanting to know who the importer of every gun that comes into this country is. Hence the required stamp in the gun. That place may be willing to sell to US citizens, but both them and the recipient will be doing time in their respective countries for illegally importing / exporting firearms. The BATF here will charge the buyer with illegal importation, unless the buyer registers and fills out all the forms, and qualifies as an importer (proper business storage facility). U. S. citizens just can't buy guns as an individual from foreign sellers.

Edited by inparidel

Does anyone know if Air rifles can be imported without an importer? Can they be shipped overseas without issue? The reason I asked is I was looking at that site and they have these:

http://www.decadefirearms.com/yunker.htm

90% complete Saiga air rifles. That means factory folders. I know many people have been looking for those and this would be a great way to get them. I bet you could almost use the whole reciever and add your parts. Not sure on the legalities of that but it could be done. They are a bit pricey but how much are you willing to spend on a factory side folding stock.

Aaaaah. . .not for nuthin', but do you see that importer's stamp on your Saiga, and every other imported gun you own? The BATFE is kinda funny about wanting to know who the importer of every gun that comes into this country is. Hence the required stamp in the gun. That place may be willing to sell to US citizens, but both them and the recipient will be doing time in their respective countries for illegally importing / exporting firearms. The BATF here will charge the buyer with illegal importation, unless the buyer registers and fills out all the forms, and qualifies as an importer (proper business storage facility). U. S. citizens just can't buy guns as an individual from foreign sellers.

Was this a reply to my and FGJ's questions? My questions is if it is a "non-sporting" firearm.

Does anyone know if Air rifles can be imported without an importer? Can they be shipped overseas without issue? The reason I asked is I was looking at that site and they have these:

http://www.decadefirearms.com/yunker.htm

90% complete Saiga air rifles. That means factory folders. I know many people have been looking for those and this would be a great way to get them. I bet you could almost use the whole reciever and add your parts. Not sure on the legalities of that but it could be done. They are a bit pricey but how much are you willing to spend on a factory side folding stock.

Don't quote me, but I think the ATF poo-poo'd the importation of Junker's/Yunker's air rifles some years ago because the receiver is the same as an AK's so they considered it a firearm. Ditto with the Makarov air-pistols - the pesky Rooskie's were insanely trying to use the same parts.

The way I see it....

WHY WOULD ANYONE want to spend $425.00 to $700.00 + international shipping, to buy an AK receivered PELLET GUN?!?!?!?!?

When you can buy ( In the USA ALREADY) a REAL Saiga in your choice of calibers for a LOT LESS than that?!?!!?!??

Makes no sense to me... really....

:smoke: