If you want to put a pistol grip on a saiga, you have to convert it to the traditional ak configuration by relocating the fire control group forward to the mag release. You need to do this with US made parts in order for it to be legal. If you look around on this forum there are tons of posts on the subject. You can do it yourself or have a gunsmith do it.

www.fireflyarms.com performs conversions, $125 plus shipping without a new buttstock, I think he is the cheapest, I am waiting for my guns from him now and will post when they come in, so far he seems easy to deal with.

If you choose to convert yourself here is the link that has instructions for that.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

Another option is crafting your own stock which some members here have done, but then you still need the US parts to be legal. Check this out for more on the legal stuff http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=122

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

update ion the stocks has been nothing, the pix is one he posted in a diffrent forum i am on, but i have not heard anythind about them going into anytype of perduction. here is his e-mail (junderwood43@cox.net), maybe if we can show him there is a market he will get them made.

Thanks for all of the interest and support of my stocks. I printed all the replies from all the boards I frequent to show the prospective mfg's the viability of producing these stocks. I know it has taken what seems forever to even get this far. I want to keep the production in the states and sell them for 50.00 or less. Therein lies the production problem. May have to look into out of country and that will take a lot of investment money. Hang in there, I'm still trying!!!