That assault rifles are "underpowered" for hunting, but can "punch through police body armor." More powerful hunting rifles, however, cannot.

So true. I've never thought about how AR's aren't allowed to hunt with in some states, but yet are considered "high-powered killing machines".

Should almost be a "required reading" sticky. :up:;)

>That people are too stupid to handle guns, but are intelligent enough to vote.

Um, no comment on this one looking at the current Presidential candidate standings. :031:

• 3 years later...

Best thing I have read on this forum yet. It took me a little over an hour, but captured every thought plus more, that ive ever thought about my rights of protecting my family.

One of many great quotes (which would never happen, especially in my house):

"That the worst thing one can do if theres an intruder in the house is apprehend them. The best thing to do is pretend you are asleep, and wait for them to leave. Even if they are raping your children."

Its a terrible thought, but in the current state of the law, it may be your only hope to not serve jail time. Especially if you are male, and can use your fists or a bat to defend yourself.

Because you really cant know what a jury of peers will decide, even if your are defending your family while minding your own business. The asshole in your house, whom you just shot, may have a wealthy family and a 'great' lawyer, who could spin any tale he'd like. And if hes more believeable than your shitty budget lawyer, guess what, state prison, done.

This is an awful reality. I have a wife and daughter, and if someone 'just happened' to break into my house, they probably wouldnt be capable of walking out (before the police arrived). And I would be at the mercy of a corrupt and money based system of guilt or innocence, which totally skews truth and puts the average man at the disadvantage. it is truly a shame.

Best thing I have read on this forum yet. It took me a little over an hour, but captured every thought plus more, that ive ever thought about my rights of protecting my family.

"That the worst thing one can do if theres an intruder in the house is apprehend them. The best thing to do is pretend you are asleep, and wait for them to leave. Even if they are raping your children."

Its a terrible thought, but in the current state of the law, it may be your only hope to not serve jail time. Especially if you are male, and can use your fists or a bat to defend yourself.

Because you really cant know what a jury of peers will decide, even if your are defending your family while minding your own business. The asshole in your house, whom you just shot, may have a wealthy family and a 'great' lawyer, who could spin any tale he'd like. And if hes more believeable than your shitty budget lawyer, guess what, state prison, done.

This is an awful reality. I have a wife and daughter, and if someone 'just happened' to break into my house, they probably wouldnt be capable of walking out (before the police arrived). And I would be at the mercy of a corrupt and money based system of guilt or innocence, which totally skews truth and puts the average man at the disadvantage. it is truly a shame.

Its not so bad as long as there is only one story told.

• Like 3

Its not so bad as long as there is only one story told.

I was told by a police officer concerning "Make my day" that the best witness is a dead witness. But here in Colorado, if they break in, you can't be sued or jailed.

• Like 1

I was told by my local sheriff back when we had trouble with hooligans and were worrying about break-ins that as soon as they stepped in our house, we should shoot them if we feel it necessary. And if there was any trouble with the law, he said he would personally clear us up. Safe to say we love our sheriff. Its really sad to hear its not like this elsewhere. But I'll tell you one thing, I'd rather go to jail than have an intruder hurt my family in my house because I was afraid to shoot them.

• Like 2

CPF, were on the same page for sure. My families well being is worth any year of time they would throw at me. Thankfully, I live in a rather decent neighborhood, the only problem is some dope addicts here and there. But I think thats everywhere.

That would be the best thing to do if a problem stirred up, thats cool the sheriff has your back.

Is there no Castle Doctrine in PA?

Down here in SC, we have a great one. Once someone enters your house unlawfully, the state has already given you the assumption that they are there to cause great bodily harm or death. Once they pass that threshold (it may even apply to a porch, I'm not sure) the doctrine takes effect. You have full legal right to use deadly force at that point. You have no duty to retreat, no duty to try to get them out, etc, etc, etc. The doctrine protects you from all legal and civil litigation.

To clarify even more what "unlawfully entering" means here in SC; it can mean someone walking through an unlocked door, or wide open doorway. If they have no business being there and you don't want them there, they are there "unlawfully". The instructor went over a handful of documented cases where people left their doors unlocked and someone rushed in the house. Home owner shot them and no legal/civil action was taken against the homeowner.

• Like 1