I'm hoping you guys get around this, i have a bad feeling. I think, this time, if the USA falls, the rest of the world's government will soon follow the example. Protect the second amendment, or they might disarm the whole world. America is the only significant stronghold of civilian gun ownership, don't make our governments confident by accepting this AWB from yours again.

Ok, so maybe some of you conservatives can explain this one to me. the person who wrote this Bill is REPUBLICAN REP. MARK KIRK!!!!! WTF are the republicans doing? Why are they reinstating the AWB? Maybe some of my republican/conservative friend on this board can help me understand.

thanks.

David

p.s. i'm not trying to stir another left v. right debate here, I just really don't get this one!!

Edited by rangerdavid
Ok, so maybe some of you conservatives can explain this one to me. the person who wrote this Bill is REPUBLICAN REP. MARK KIRK!!!!! WTF are the republicans doing? Why are they reinstating the AWB? Maybe some of my republican/conservative friend on this board can help me understand.

thanks.

David

p.s. i'm not trying to stir another left v. right debate here, I just really don't get this one!!

There is a big difference between conservatives and republicans.

There is a big difference between conservatives and republicans.

amen.

it's fairly commonly known that the clinton AWB caused a huge backlash. most of the politicians that voted for it (D & R) didn't get re-elected and had to go find real jobs. it caused the dems to lose the house, senate, and oval office.

maybe just for kicks, the guy that authored this bill is hoping the opposing team will jump on this grenade

Contact your congress critter ASAP...

All manner of this shit is being pushed queitly in the background at this time.

They are using all the MSM coverage of the election issues as a smoke screen...

The cat's away, the rats are at play !! BIGTIME

they were talking about this today at the courthouse. I still cannot figure with the state of the economy, the ever increasing threat of terrrism, etc., etc., why anyone would think its a good idea to prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves..............

HOLY SHIT THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY WANT TO BAN EVERY THING, BUT A SLINGSHOT AND BOW AND ARROW. WTF IS GOING ON?

We are suposed to be a free people!

Keep it up fuckers, and you might be responsible for the straw that broke the camels back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I registered Independent 2 years ago, the republicrat party is a farse.

Democrat means to an end = People are not capable of taking care of themselves or thinking, so rather than have them fall victim the inequities of greedy capitalist interests, a select few social elite will decide whats best and protect us from ourselves. From great castles on high, these "Elites" will carefuly monitor the happenings of all of the villagers in the utopian valleys below. Americans will finaly be liberated from the burden of thinking and idols of false hope like god and the constitution. All excesses go to the elites so they can control global warming and save us all.

Rebublican means to an end = Since big corporations are without borders or nationalities, so should be the world we live in. Its getting hard to convince people that sending jobs and resources overseas somehow magicaly creates jobs in America. The corporate "bottom line" favors the 3rd world, so if we can just bring the 3rd world here by importing indentured servants and putting everything in America up for sale, the no-so-invisible hand of the "market" will give us a working class controled by corporate "elites". I mean, why go through the trouble of buying politicians anymore when the global economy can be our government and rule our lives. Thank god we were able to circumvent constitutional rights with the patriot act and destroy American soverignty with NAFTA. Now if we just continue to weaken the dollar and foster global instability, absolute power may finaly be realized.

The second amendment is our last stand. Be prepared, the day to stand is almost upon us.

HOLY SHIT THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY WANT TO BAN EVERY THING, BUT A SLINGSHOT AND BOW AND ARROW. WTF IS GOING ON?

We are suposed to be a free people!

Keep it up fuckers, and you might be responsible for the straw that broke the camels back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whenever i'm contracted for an assassination or to instill terroristic fear, my preferred tool of choice is my trusty, silent, untraceable cross bow. up close and personal i prefer a nice dirt cheap unmaintained .22 or .25 junk gun.

CNN had a little blurb today about the Supreme Court and the DC weapons ban. A ruling will come out Thursday. Interesting that even CNN admits that most politicians generally vote pro-guns due to the fact most of their constituents are pro-gun. It is the small vocal, whiney minority that cause the bans in the first place. Even Australia is starting to loosen their gun ban law. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, the NRA needs to jump on his ass and stomp the living shit out of him...... see that he's never even re-elected, not even for dog catcher.

The NRA may not be our best advocate in this instance. They have repeatedly since their inception, and more importantly recently publically stated they support "reasonable gun control." One board member went so far as to publically state in an interview that no citizen should have more than 5 rounds in a magazine.

I know saying this may seem akin to blasphemy, but it is in fact the truth and you should investigate before you crucify me. The NRA is beginning to distance themselves from those remarks, and after the Joaquin anti AW remarks there was a very noticeable and massive increase in EBR articles and advertising. However, Joaquin was not alone in his opinions, and there is within the NRA a group that I believe are ant-gun moles. Call me conspiratorial or maybe just cynical, but the facts are there. If I can think up the idea to infiltrate the NRA, you know they did a long time ago. Meaning they have been quietly working their way up to positions of influence just as the Marxists and Sociolists have done in our government.

Edit: I'm hoping that the same pressure from membership can be brought to bear concerning this attempted new AWB. IOW, any and all supportable public criticism of the NRA's inactivity concerning the last AWB, and in some cases the NRA's actual support thereof will force the NRA to do more than just damge control through percieved public image the way they did with the magzine. Now it will require action, and everyone should be writing the NRA and their representatives and demanding action. Considering the results of any gun poll that I have seen, any intelligent politician will realize this is a very important majority voter issue.

Edited by Falcon66