I had it all. I had all "my bases" covered. Home defense, personal defense, and even Zombie defense. SHTF, Bug-out, Bug-in, HITB, HUTB, Martial Law, Mexican invasion, Alien invasion, Mother-in-law invasion, name it!

ARs, 1911s, 870s, 500s. Hell, I even bought a dog. An Akita. Even bought my 7yo daughter a Crickett with a compact scope.

About a month ago, a friend brought to my attention I was lacking a "major SHTF" caliber. A 7.62x39. Dare he question my arsenal? That ignoranus! We had a few beers. I called my buddy in Charleston, SC:

Me: Sup, dawg?

Homie: Not much. Just chillin'.

Me: Tard says I need a 7.62.

Homie: You do.

Me: Et tu, Brute?

Homie: Yes. And stfu. Get a Saiga.

Me: A who?

Homie: A Saiga. Google it dipshit. I got a .223. Love it.

Me: Thanks, Bro. And tell your wife and my kid "Daddy says hello."

<CUT TO THREE WEEKS AGO>

Jeeze. I guess ya'll know how hard those have been to find lately. I found out.

But, Hero (that's me) found one. At a gun show this past weekend. $295 out the door. Not bad all things considered.

Anyways, here I go again. New platform. New expenses. I don't care. I hope my wife does leave me.

Sorry, you are not a true Saiga convert until you have a Saiga-12. :haha: Now those things are as addictive as crack. Being able to dump 10 rounds (soon to be 20) of 12 gauge as fast as you can pull the trigger definitely gets everyone's attention.

Of course, things go down hill QUICKLY from there: RedDragon .308, S-.410, a couple of 7.62s, S-12s, ..... Damn, I didn't realize I had that many Saigas until I started typing this..... :wacko: Ouch, I am an addict....

Once you get a Saiga 12 its all over but spending a shit load of money to make it a lean mean killing machine :)

I have had Glockers avatar for a while saved, but have yet to be able to make it a moveable gif desktop When she is not moving she is cute, but it just aint the same

Edited for my usual spelling mistakes

Edited by waltham_41

Thanks for all the welcomes.

welcome to the saiga club. when you doing your conversion. also what caliber did you get?

Got a x39. Cobra is helping me plan some stuff now. I can't buy a gun and leave it alone.

Welcome to the party, your gonna need more money.

Hey, I've cut my beer drinking down to a six pack a night because of a gun habit. That's the best I can do. Somethings gotta take the edge off the wife.

Edited by Guest

Yup, it's all true. Thanks to this board, I find myself looking longingly at Saiga-12s now. It's an addiction, all right, but it's not as bad as some, and at least you can get some money back out of it - if you can ever be persuaded to SELL any of your toys, that is!

One day, I'll have to scoot up your way and let you spend some "quality time" with it... I'll even bring all the fun accessories I have for it. (It's almost the Mr. Potato Head of the gun world).

I have been meaning to make that trip for a while now. Hopefully, sometime this summer... :blues: