8 rd mags from AK-USA

AK-USA has 8 rd. magazines for $35.

Saiga 12-gauge w/ folding stock $475.00. Additional 8rd magazines are $35.00. These are restricted to Law Enforcement agencies and FFL holders only.

Since it says "FFL holders only", and they don't specify, do you think that means that they will ship to any FFL, but not to individuals? I have a friendly FFL dealer, not Class III or anything. And I'm have a C&R in progress, so I will have an FFL soon (but probably not the kind they're thinking of).

I'd rather my FFL ask than me, but wanted to see what you guys thought first.

isn't this old info? i contacted him a few months ago and he said he was sold out and never expected to see any more...

You are correct. I saw this a few months ago and thought I hit pay dirt. Unfortunately, he is sold out, and won't be getting anymore. :wub:

I would suggest contacting TAPCO and finding out all I know is my gunsmith told me he had talked to the president of TAPCO and he (the president) mentioned that they are going to be making eight round Saiga mags. I was going to buy one from Rusmilitary but decided to hold off waiting for TAPCO to start selling them. That is all I know Rusmilitary has them in stock right now and I have a three gun match next weekend so I'm going to hold off for a while. I have no idea when those Mags will hit the market or what the price is. My guess is they will be much cheaper than anyone else. It's my hope that this competition will drive down prices but who knows. Capitalism works in misterious ways. :dollar:

I don't know, but considering TAPCO has all the federal permits to import gun parts in wholesale numbers, I would imagine they are just importing them from the factory. It was only a matter of time before someone did it.

Those $80 and $90 prices for 8 rounders are scalpers prices.

If TAPCO can get a container of them over here from Russia for, say, $15-$20 per unit A/S/D, I would imagine that we could see them for $35-$40.

Edited by McUZI

MCUzi,

Nice. You are quite a character. Thanks for the positive input on the 8 rounders. I can see you also have a sense of humor. Most important. isn't it great we are multi-dimensional?

See ya on the boards. :smoke:

Wolverine

Didn't one of the Russian posters say that 8rd Saiga mags cost something like $45 in Russia? If so, don't expect them to sell here for that amount or less...

Tomac

Possibly, but there are probably external factors involved. Retail is retail be it in Russia or be it in the US- plus, there are pricing dynamics involved that are native to Russia that aren't native to the US.

Saiga 8 rounders cost only slightly more to produce than a Saiga 5 rounder- and wholesale price in the US on Saiga 5 rounders is in the mid-$20 range if you buy enough of them. 8 rounders shouldn't cost much more, and if Tapco imports an assload of them, as I imagine they will, they could probably get the PUC below $20 A/S/D, which translates to a $32-$35 magazine on the retail side (assuming they don't try to scalp them themselves)

If they do get the 8rd mags they most likely sell the for $80 plus because they will be the only game in town and since the only alternative is going to be ordering them from overseas they will be sure to get your business. Another thing that we have to rember is that we are dealing with new mags here. The cost to manufacture an AK-47 mag was mostly supplemented by the government that made it. And the price that you would pay for new a AK mags would be much higher if they were not cold war surplus.

If they do get the 8rd mags they most likely sell the for $80 plus because they will be the only game in town and since the only alternative is going to be ordering them from overseas they will be sure to get your business.

No, they are smarter than that.

There is an old maxim in the retail game...

"At twenty they buy one, but at fifteen they buy three"

They will for sure probably have a slight built in premium, but if you are in a biz such as TAPCO where volume equals better long term profits and sales, they ought to know better.

Besides. They have a number of items where they are the only game in town, and they are quite reasonably priced.

Edited by McUZI

If they charge $80 for them I might just as well order them from our friends in EUROPE and get the 17.5% discount. If they import them or if they make them the price better make it worth my while to buy them or guess what Oleg has them as well. Another thing our Europen friends may have to lower there prices just think a Saiga mag price war what a concept. They (the sellers) have to know that we shop around. So I think we will be looking at $45-55 price range.

You have a point but you also have to factor in the overseas shipping, the wait, and the $100 limit before you have to file form 6

TAPCO isn't a couple guys sitting behind a computer. They are a pretty well run orginazation in the biz of shipping in gun parts from all over the world- so, the Form 6 is pretty moot- and as far as shipping costs, when you are spreading it across 500 or 600 or 1000 magazines, it gets pretty minimal.

You have a point but you also have to factor in the overseas shipping, the wait, and the $100 limit before you have to file form 6

TAPCO isn't a couple guys sitting behind a computer. They are a pretty well run orginazation in the biz of shipping in gun parts from all over the world- so, the Form 6 is pretty moot- and as far as shipping costs, when you are spreading it across 500 or 600 or 1000 magazines, it gets pretty minimal.

I think he was referring to individuals who would be less likely to import them on their own because of the Form 6 and the resulting wait and higher shipping from multiple sub-$100 parcels. Tapco would just get a big crate of them in with no trouble, but the average guy isn't going to try to save a few bucks and worry about forms, customs, etc.

I think they will cut the price by $5 or so. There is no incentive for them to sell any cheaper than that, until a price war does occur.

Edited by Diggler
That is all I know Rusmilitary has them in stock right now and I have a three gun match next weekend so I'm going to hold off for a while.............

topmaul...

i have some 8 rounders you can use for the match if you need to....i've never needed more than 4 for any 1 stage so i'll have some extras....

No I ment an individual buying form TOPCO vs. importind directly from overseas. I am sure that it is no problem for them to take care of the importing legalities.

Edited by The Boss